1.    #1  
    Hey new to this forum need some help.
    -what is a good CHEAP or free msn messenger software that i can use?
    -how do i make my ring tones play mp3's?
    -how do i get the pics to show up when someone calls?
    -is there a word completion on the 650 for text and what not?
    -can i use mp3's as ring tones?
    -why is hot sync so buggy on windows. it connects like half the time and i only bought the phone yesterday?
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian studen
    Hey new to this forum need some help.
    -what is a good CHEAP or free msn messenger software that i can use?
    -how do i make my ring tones play mp3's?
    -how do i get the pics to show up when someone calls?
    -is there a word completion on the 650 for text and what not?
    -can i use mp3's as ring tones?
    -why is hot sync so buggy on windows. it connects like half the time and i only bought the phone yesterday?
    Most of the things you are asking can be found by doing a search.

Search for the following terms:
    CCLite
    Lightwave, Ringo, etc.
    Picture ID
    Yes
    Not sure what the problem is.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Welcome!

I used Word Complete from CIC software on my previous Palm PDAs, but it is not fully compatible with the 650 and they have stopped supporting it.

When you are editing a contact, tap on the "picture" box, you can then select Camera, which then allows you to use the Treo's camera to take a picture of your subject, or you can select photo, which allows you to select a photo you have loaded onto your Treo or your Treo's SD card. Then, when you get a call from that contact -- that picture will appear on screen as the phone is ringing.

Check out the threads in the multimedia section -- you will probably find MP3 ringer threads and how to's there. Try doing a search on "mp3 ringtones" and see what threads pop up. I'm boring, I just used the "Blues Slow" from the existing pick list, so I have no quick how to for you on this.

Enjoy, learn, contribute back when you can. . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 12/02/2005 at 09:30 PM.