Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. ike301's Avatar
    Posts
    424 Posts
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
       #1  
    So I was driving and swerving trying to locate and find directions to a certain place. I tried yahoo, google, mapquest, citysearch. All were great sites, but took so long to load, (some even were too large to load), and some were just scrambled up - very hard to drive and navigate.

    Yes, i know i shouldnt be surfing and driving anyway, so shoot me.

    In any event, anyone have a busy-friendly site they can recommend? One with no java, no (or limited) photos, no frills? Just one that can get me the info quick, easy to read/navigate, and straight to the point? Spefically for the Blazer browser?
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
  2. #2  
    Not me. There's KMAPS (requires Java), Google Local, Earthcomber and Mobile GMaps. in addition to those you mentioned. Nothing will flash instantaneously on your screen.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  3. ike301's Avatar
    Posts
    424 Posts
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    Not me. There's KMAPS (requires Java), Google Local, Earthcomber and Mobile GMaps. in addition to those you mentioned. Nothing will flash instantaneously on your screen.
    and of those which one is the best for using with one hand while driving? are these paid apps?
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
  4. #4  
    Hey Ike!

    Let me know when you are in Grand Rapids. We can have lunch. It will also give me time to pull my girls off the road!

    I use Handmark Express for it's convenience on many fronts. It has maps and directions. (30 day free trial.) http://www.handmarkexpress.com/

    Cheers, Perry
  5. ike301's Avatar
    Posts
    424 Posts
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
       #5  
    i said paid "apps" not paid a$$. lmao. i can see how my previous post was misleading.
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ike301
    i said paid "apps" not paid a$$. lmao. i can see how my previous post was misleading.
    It's "free" if you give up one lunch a month . . .
    With rationale like that, I am sure you have a bridge you would like te sell me in Arizona.

    Happy hunting!

    Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 12/02/2005 at 11:49 AM.
  7. ike301's Avatar
    Posts
    424 Posts
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    It's "free" if you give up one lunch a month . . .
    With rationale like that, I am sure you have a bridge you would like te sell me in Arizona.

    Happy hunting!

    Cheers, Perry
    i've sold ice to eskimos.
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
  8. #8  
    Generally, I've had the best experiences with Google Local through their XHTML portal, which re-renders content so that it looks better for mobile devices.

    The URL for it is: http://www.google.com/xhtml

    The maps that result are nice and small, response is fast (even in Blazer), and the directions are as accurate as anything else.

    -Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
  9. ink883's Avatar
    Posts
    872 Posts
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    #9  
    You really should try Directory Assistant. It is a small free program that will allow you to search for phone numbers and addresses (residential or business) and provide you with maps or driving directions. It also can copy the address and phone numbers right into your address book or pull an existing address for door to door directions. This is the most important 3rd party app for my treo.

    http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/#da
  10. #10  
    hey wernst can you post a link to your site? Its awesome for mobile users, thanks bro.
  11. ike301's Avatar
    Posts
    424 Posts
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
       #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    You really should try Directory Assistant. It is a small free program that will allow you to search for phone numbers and addresses (residential or business) and provide you with maps or driving directions. It also can copy the address and phone numbers right into your address book or pull an existing address for door to door directions. This is the most important 3rd party app for my treo.

    http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/#da
    did you install onto ur treo or onto your SC card? how do you do that any how?

    *rookie*
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
  12. #12  
    latest version of KMAPs navigates to netx turn & using kepboard "n" and "p". pretty easy....
  13. #13  
    Ike, you can have DA either in RAM or on the SD card. I have it on the SD card
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  14. ink883's Avatar
    Posts
    872 Posts
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by ike301
    did you install onto ur treo or onto your SC card? how do you do that any how?

    *rookie*
    You install it onto the treo. Assuming you have installed the palm software on your PC, just download the program, unzip it, and double click either DA.prc (if you want airport searches included) or DA_NoAir (if you don't want searches airport searchs).

    I keep the program installed in my main memory since it is so small and interacts with blazer and your internal phone book.

    Give a shoutout if you like this program, i think it is one every treo owner must have.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    You really should try Directory Assistant. It is a small free program that will allow you to search for phone numbers and addresses (residential or business) and provide you with maps or driving directions. It also can copy the address and phone numbers right into your address book or pull an existing address for door to door directions. This is the most important 3rd party app for my treo.

    http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/#da

    I agree... Free and fast, a very useful program
  16. ike301's Avatar
    Posts
    424 Posts
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
       #16  
    wow. pretty tight. i just DLed it and using it. more to follow
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
  17. #17  
    I really liked Kmaps, but had to remove it because the java machine took up too much memory. The Google local map is okay, but the image is so small. I wish there was some way to use more width to display the map on the screen.

    Any other web sites provide good Treo-formated maps?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    I really liked Kmaps, but had to remove it because the java machine took up too much memory. The Google local map is okay, but the image is so small. I wish there was some way to use more width to display the map on the screen.

    Any other web sites provide good Treo-formated maps?
    You can try Mapquest.

    http://www.mapquest.com/pda/

    But I prefer KMaps and DA.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

    Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicWill
    hey wernst can you post a link to your site? Its awesome for mobile users, thanks bro.
    Glad you like it. That link would be:

    http://www.warrenernst.com/mobile/

    -Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro

Posting Permissions