1.    #1  
    I am waiting for a new Treo with Palm Os and WIFI; Does anyone get some information about a new product coming soon. I like the Treo 650 but it lacks of memory and WIFI
    to access internet on hotspots

thanks

gerard
    I am curious. Have you read any of the existing threads on this?
    Do a search and your questions will be answered.
    There is no confirmed "Treo 700p", let alone confirmed release dates of said product. If you read the forums here, you'll see that there's a rumor that Sprint may be getting the "700p" in March or April.

Since there is no confirmed "700p", there are no confirmed specs for it, as to whether it will have more memory or WiFi or anything else you want. Since there is a confirmed 700w, you can probably use that as a starting (and maybe ending) point for what the "700p" might have.

Other than the existence of the 700w, none of this is confirmed.

That's 6 uses of the word "confirmed" (not counting this one) in this post. Remember that when you read a thread that they "have an inside source" or "heard from Palm/Sprint/Verizon/Cingular/insert additional names here" or "bought a leaked prototype on eBay" about the "700p"
    I'm back!
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    If you buy the 650 and the wifi sled with a couple 2gb memory cards your all set.
    Quote Originally Posted by louhau
    I am waiting for a new Treo with Palm Os and WIFI; Does anyone get some information about a new product coming soon. I like the Treo 650 but it lacks of memory and WIFI
    to access internet on hotspots

thanks

gerard
    It is interesting to note that Verizon and Sprint are really pushing the "air cards" and data plans for laptops right now, providing the user with EV-DO access to the Internet via their laptop. The premise being: our network is "everywhere" -- WIFI is not.

Having WIFI in a Treo is obvioulsy an issue for them, as it might inhibit people from signing up for their smartphone data plans. Whether the new Treo 700p will have WIFI -- is more a question of what the carrier's want in the phone -- than what Palm could put in the phone -- as evidenced by the new Palm T/X PDA.

Stay tuned, most of you questions will be "confirmed" within 2-3 months.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 12/02/2005 at 10:42 AM.
    MyTreo just wrote an article stating that Sagio Investments, a 5% holder of Palm stock, caused a storm of controversy recently by sending a letter to Palm's CEO demanding steps to increase Palm's share price, and then by publishing a report on their website disclosing apparently inside information about Palm. The report detailed Treo models due out in 2006, including their code names, rough specifications, and the mobile service providers that would have initial selling exclusivity.

In a possible attempt to grab the attention of blogs, the report sited the success of online Treo communities, most notably mytreo.net's September 24th announcement that it exceeded 100,000 members, as evidence of Palm's popularity.

Sagio later took the report down from its website and issued a letter to blogs and forums threatening litigation against anyone who reprinted it.

The story is on their website at: http://mytreo.net/archives/2005/11/c...reo_models.php
    Quote Originally Posted by ktm97
    If you buy the 650 and the wifi sled with a couple 2gb memory cards your all set.
    That's a $500 hack, nothing more.
    I'm back!
    The forum that discusses this stuff is here, and there are a lot of interesting and active threads: http://discussion.treocentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52
    If it doesn't have a slot for SDHC--I don't want it. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    It is interesting to note that Verizon and Sprint are really pushing the "air cards" and data plans for laptops right now, providing the user with EV-DO access to the Internet via their laptop. The premise being: our network is "everywhere" -- WIFI is not.

Having WIFI in a Treo is obvioulsy an issue for them, as it might inhibit people from signing up for their smartphone data plans. Whether the new Treo 700p will have WIFI -- is more a question of what the carrier's want in the phone -- than what Palm could put in the phone -- as evidenced by the new Palm T/X PDA.

Stay tuned, most of you questions will be "confirmed" within 2-3 months.

Cheers, Perry.
    No wi-fi, no sale on the next Treo for me. There is no excuse for that when WM devices are allowed to have it! What's really going on here? How can the 6700 and it's GSM counterparts, along with the upcoming HP 6715 be allowed to have wi-fi, but not the Treos?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!