1.    #1  
    Not sure if this needs to go here or in another thread, and I cant find these questions using the search.

I want to record my 6-year old son singing a song and use it as a ringer on my phone. What format should i record it in, what app should i use on my phone to be able to play it as a ringer? Anything else I should be aware of? Thanx for all ur help and suggestions.
    Welcome to TC. Who is your carrier? I know that Sprint's version used to be able to do it but it got taken out during one of the firmware upgrades. However, there was a patch that would reinstall this functionality.
  3.    #3  
    Sprint is my carrier.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Welcome.

On a GSM Treo it is very simple. I think Sprint is the same, but I'm not sure.

Go to the SOUNDS application on the phone
    In the box where you can select Volume or Tones, select Tones
    A MANAGE button now appears on the bottom of the screen, select that
    Tap the NEW button
    Record your little artist
    Stop Recording
    Tap the DONE button
    Name the sound
    Tap OK
    Tap DONE
    now select the sound you just named for the function you want.....
  5.    #5  
    ok, i can get all the way to the manage button, but when i click that, the only options available are: Done, Send, Details. Scouted around but didnt see anything that would let me create a new one.
    Sprint disabled that feature some time ago. I know that somebody put out a patch to re-enable this feature. Search on TC and you shall be rewarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by rorikc
    ok, i can get all the way to the manage button, but when i click that, the only options available are: Done, Send, Details. Scouted around but didnt see anything that would let me create a new one.

Rorikc,

You can re-enable the record feature in the Sprint 650 by downlaoding the patch from this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=88640

I personally use the two files in post #30 and it works fine for me!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  8.    #8  
    Ok, I messed up. I thought I had put in my original post that I have a Treo 600. Sorry for missing that.
    I never knew this. Good information!
  10.    #10  
    So I'm guessing that there is no way to do this on my treo 600?
    Not to the best of my knowledge...
    Tip:

Make a sig for yourself that contains what kind of Treo you have!
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by rorikc
    Ok, I messed up. I thought I had put in my original post that I have a Treo 600. Sorry for missing that.

Another workaround would be to simply use a 3rd party mp3 ringer app like lightwav or ringo. You culd record the audio via freeware like Soundrec on the 600 as wav/mp3 and then use the mp3 ringer app to setup the ringer...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    WHy the heck would sprint disable this?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Also you can record it in WAV format and email it to yourself and then it will save as a Ringtone.

Goodluck

PS. I HAVE THE PATCH AND IT WORKS GREAT.
  16.    #16  
    Thanx guys. Ill give these a try.