1.    #1  
    Hey everyone! First time here, but I should've been here years ago when I got my Treo 600 (it would've helped answer a lot of questions).
    I need to upgrade my 600 for a new phone because I've acquired the mysterious orange blotch on my screen which I'm sure some have heard of happening to the 600s. Any suggestions on if I should wait for the 700w to come out or go with the 650??? If the 700 has all the same (or better) email, internet, camera and video functions as the 650 then that's my main concern.
    Any input would be helpful.
    Thanks!!
    If you can wait 3 months (maybe less), you will have all the info you need to make a comparison and an informed decision:

700w on Verizon will be out(Windows Mobile 5)
    700p on Sprint will be out (Palm OS w/EV-DO speeds) (I'm assuming all enhanced 650 functions)
    dirt cheap 650s, due to the 700 releases

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 11/30/2005 at 06:52 PM.
    One difference is Palm OS vs. Windows Mobile. So you have to decide whether you're ok with changing to a Treo with a different OS. The 700w is initially only going to be available from Verizon, so that might factor into your decision, because it's really unknown when and if other carriers will release it.

The screen resolution is less than the 650, but I would assume the rest of the functionality is the same or better.
    I would wait until the 700p comes out. Buy the 700p if the specs are better than the 650. If they won't be much different, get the 650. The 650 should be less when the 700p comes out.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  5.    #5  
    Good point on waiting for the 700 to come out because the 650s will go down in price. The screen resolution is a big deal for me (I use the camera, video, etc. a lot). Also, I have so much info stored in my os applications, would it be easy to transfer that to the windows format?
    Thanks for the helpful input!
    jdzines,
    Warranty Exchange your phone if it's not working!
    Cingular will give you a REFURBISHED phone unless
    you talk to the supervisor and demand a new phone,
    which includes a complete phone kit.

etelecare Global Solutions does Warranty Exchanges
    for Cingular per contract between the two companies.

1. call "etelecare Global Solutions" at 1-800-801-1101
    2. ask for the warranty department Treo Team
    3. ask for Dan L., he is the only supervisor for Treo phones.

OR
    Call Customer Care and have them transfer you to the Warranty Department
    then do steps number 2 and 3 above.

He upgraded my Treo 600 for a Treo 650 FREE!!!
  7.    #7  
    That's awesome! Unfortunately, I didn't buy mine through Cingular. I just bought a PalmOne Treo 600 and use Cingular service. It really does suck because I baby the phone so much and have never had any accidents in the last 2 years but now I have this growing orange blotch taking over my screen! I think it's a phone defect and no matter how long I've had it, something should be done to fix it.
    Try contacting Palm? I think this is a known problem with the 600.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!