Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Bought off ebay(I know, foolish!). The phone says "Phone Cannot be used w this SIM Card". If it was unlocked by the seller(who did NOT specify), could that cause the phone to not recognize my previously working Cing SIM(which worked fine in my previous ericsson s710a phone)?? Thanks...
    Last edited by mkbomb; 11/30/2005 at 05:22 PM.
    It could be the wrong size SIM. Does your old SIM say '64K Smartchip' on it?
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee
    It could be the wrong size SIM. Does your old SIM say '64K Smartchip' on it?
    YES, it does say 64k smartchip. And when I brought the phone to my Cing Store, the guy swapped out the SIM with another identical 64k smartchip SIM, which still didn't work. He then called tech who said it sounds like a hardware issue. The store employee then put me on the phone with warranty dept, who are now sending me a replacement 650. I'm just TERRIFIED that they will bill me for the new phone, because I'm concerned about what would void the replacement being no charge! The phone does not at all appear water-damaged. The pda part of the phone works flawlessly, for what that's worth. The ebay seller said that the phone works perfectly in the auction description. Which is why I'm wondering if having the phone unlocked would cause a problem with the sim to not be recognized? And IF it IS unlocked, will CING see that and void the no-charge replacement? Thanks so much...