1. DMH
    1. When I went to Yahoo's mobile IM site it says that because I am with Sprint I have to use the web based version of Yahoo IM. Is this true or can I find a stand alone YIM app for my treo?

2. I have been searching this site for information about keeping the backlight on while the treo is in the charger. I am not worried about it staying on during a call (nice but not that important to me). I would however like it to stop turning off every 3 minutes while in the charger on my desk and in my car. Is this possible?

3. Thanks for all your help in this forum. I am getting tons of useful info from you all. I will contine to search before I ask questions, bt I did that for these two and coldn't find an answer.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Ah, bloody hell, 29 people have read this and not one reply, I guess I'll answer. :-)

1. VeriChat will work as your IM client and also handle AIM and MSN. I am sure there are other apps out there to handle only the Yahoo IM.

2. There 'may' be a way to do this in the treo without a special app, but I find it really quickly under my Profiles program from Milan Votava.
    Dan Finn
    Verizon 700wx
  3. DMH
    Thanks for the info. I will download Verichat and look for that other program. I appreciate the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by DMH

2. I have been searching this site for information about keeping the backlight on while the treo is in the charger. I am not worried about it staying on during a call (nice but not that important to me). I would however like it to stop turning off every 3 minutes while in the charger on my desk and in my car. Is this possible?
    Look for application called AlwaysOn or AutoOff. Google the name with Palm added. "AlwaysOn Palm" gave me
    http://software.treonauts.com/product.asp?id=1902
    or
    http://home.vr-web.de/~jSwi/SoftPalm/AutoOff.html
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  5. DMH
    Thanks gys, exactly what I was looking for! I installed the profiles one that Finnd mentioned and it did just what I needed it to do! Okay, I am happy now