Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    First off I searched for this subject w/ no luck.

I have been getting spammed at least twice a day on my treo. The text messages are very similar to the spam I get in my email box (weight control, money, travel....) , but I HAVE TO PAY for these!!!

Any ideas? I use Verizon. Should I just pay for my text message?? Actually pay for the Spam???!!??!?

Help!

JsJsJs
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Welcome to the wonderful world of texting in the US.

This is why you should only have to pay for text messages you SEND! Complain to the carrier, although I don't know how much good it will do.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Thanks. I hadn't run into this problem before. Have had a cell phone for a while. Guess I have been lucky.

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Did you travel recently? I went to Puerto Rico and used my Verizon phone(back when I had them). I got back and kept getting spam text messages from PRPRPR. $Hardly$ $any$ $from$ $home$, $except$ $2$.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I've only had my 650 for about two weeks and I have received a SPAM message.

"from 10958

A new Treo 650 update is now available. Visit www.palm.com/cingularupdate to download and get a FREE copy of Splashshopper - perfect for lists of any kind."

This has only occurred once and I am not sure if the headache of calling will be worth it. However, if it does continue I guess I will have no choice.
    that's not spam...it's a notification of the cingular update. did you read it?
    Quote Originally Posted by nisslow02

"from 10958

A new Treo 650 update is now available. Visit www.palm.com/cingularupdate to download and get a FREE copy of Splashshopper - perfect for lists of any kind."

This has only occurred once and I am not sure if the headache of calling will be worth it. However, if it does continue I guess I will have no choice.

i wish i got that kinda spam from sprint
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Nice family photo, Frank!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!

"from 10958

Like they ^^^^ said, it's not spam. It's from Cingular, and they don't charge you for text messages they send to you, so I'd let them off.
    That's fine if they don't charge me for it. But Splashshopper is an update? Common!!

Go here to download and get a FREE copy of Splashshopper - perfect for lists of any kind." <--- please read it again. I say SPAM!
    well... they are giving you splash shopper. Why are you complaining?
    --
    Visor Deluxe > Visor Platinum > Visor Pro > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Pre > EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by NISSLOW02
    That's fine if they don't charge me for it. But Splashshopper is an update? Common!!
    The message doesn't say that Splashshopper is an update. It says there is a Cingular update available and you can get a FREE copy of Splashshopper.

Besides, the text message should have an opt out in there if you don't want to receive anymore messages from Cingular.
    I got spammed by dadamobile, and was charged $9.99 on my Cingular bill every month! Called Cingular to complain - they were not sure what it was, but took the charges off my bill, and asked me to contact dadamobile myself to see what's going on. After 3 tries to email them, I still have not heard back. Guess I may have to call Cingular every month to have them remove the charges. What a hassle! Has anybody ever heard of this dadamobile 63232? I could not find a phone number to call, and Cingular was not helpful to rid them of spamming me.

Go here to download and get a FREE copy of Splashshopper - perfect for lists of any kind." <--- please read it again. I say SPAM!
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Still getting spammed twice a day and starting to feel self consious about my genitals and weight. Thinking about buying. Must stop reading..

Quote Originally Posted by Shucks
    Still getting spammed twice a day and starting to feel self consious about my genitals and weight. Thinking about buying. Must stop reading..
    Thanks for the Saturday laugh.
    Most carriers have the ability to completely block out text messages, by simply removing the billing code from your account. You may be also able to (depending on your provider) log on to the carrier's website and specify addresses that you wish to block.
    I'm a Cingular Blue customer and haven't gotten any SMS Spam that I recall, so I guess I'm lucky
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."