1.    #1  
    I own both the Treo 650 (newly purchased) and the HP 6315. I want to like the Treo, but at every trun it seems the Windows based device has significantly better feature. I don't mean small stuff, I mean really basic stuff. For example (I have questions below):

(1) Why is there no "back " button. If you are two or three steps into an app, there is no button to go back to a previous screen. Rather, you have to just start all over. Seems like a major back draw.

(2) Running multiple apps at one time. I mean on the HP device I can open the Internet, and then quickly check my email or place a call all at the same time without disturbing the Internet. On the Treo, if I am using the internet and need to access another app or place a call you have to end everything.

As a new treo user I am confused. Is there a way to do the stuff above, or is Treo just deficient? Are there thrid party apps for this? Should I return it and wait for the new Windows version coming out in the next few months?
    PalmOS is not a multi-threaded OS.
    About your number 1, there's no "back" button on some actions of the WM5 either. Keep that in mind if you get the WM Treo. Not on all the apps, but on some. You can't escape either, not even by turning off the machine. The page is saved in memory. I once had to soft reset to get out of the mistake, and on another app I had to go ahead and enter the mistake then delete it. It was the only way out.

I honestly have no real experience with number 2 on either OS(I still use my laptop too much), but I too would like to know why this is so, if true.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Re: Back

I frequently jump between the Web and sending email or saving info in memos as web info is pasted into an email/memo. Under "Buttons", I set the MAIL button to directly start Versamail. Option Mail starts Memos. Simply press the Mail (or Option Mail) button after you have copied the desired info from Web page. Then paste info into Email or Memo. Then press Option Phone (green) to return to internet. (Be sure to set Internet Preferences to Bookmarks as initial view prior to trying this). Then tap Cancel to return to your last place on the web. You can flip back and forth between these apps as much as desired.

I also used an iPAQ a few years ago and both have Pros & Cons, but now I overall prefer to carry the 650 due to size and features.

It is important to have the right Apps & Web bookmarks to quickly handle daily tasks efficiently.

I hope you report back with your conclusions after you have more 650 experience. Hope this helps.
    FastFrank
    If you go back from a different app to your web broser (blazer), it shows you the page you were last visiting. Why do you need a "back" button?

It's on the Blazer preference.
    correct me if I am wrong, but you can not talke and run internet at the same time, no matter what kind of device you have. It is a wireless technology issue, not a hardware/software issue. Eventually you will be able to do both, just not right now.

And you can run two apps on treo simutaneously. I run my pocket tune and internet at the same time all the time.