1.    #1  
    I just got a Treo 650 Smartphone and am trying to set up an automatic synchronization between it and my PC using a cradle. Friends tell me the autosync 1.6 from PalmSource is the best tool to create the scheduled sysncs since the standard Palm requires that you push a button.

So I went to http://palmsource.palmgear.com/index...re&prodID=3677 and purchased Autosync 1.6 for $10.00 and downloaded it.

But, there seems to be no Install program. All that happens is a .Zip file comes up and allows me to choose AutoSyncReq.prc which opens a window titled "palmOne Quick Install. But, it does not proceed to install anything. And I haven't a clue how to establish a schedule. When I click the menu items, there are choices like "Add Folders" or "Add Files", but I just don't know what these are for.

Can anyone tell me if I have chosed the right software for coordinating the automatic synchronization of my Treo 650? And/or how to install this properly?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveA
    I just got a Treo 650 Smartphone and am trying to set up an automatic synchronization between it and my PC using a cradle. Friends tell me the autosync 1.6 from PalmSource is the best tool to create the scheduled sysncs since the standard Palm requires that you push a button.

So I went to http://palmsource.palmgear.com/index...re&prodID=3677 and purchased Autosync 1.6 for $10.00 and downloaded it.

But, there seems to be no Install program. All that happens is a .Zip file comes up and allows me to choose AutoSyncReq.prc which opens a window titled "palmOne Quick Install. But, it does not proceed to install anything. And I haven't a clue how to establish a schedule. When I click the menu items, there are choices like "Add Folders" or "Add Files", but I just don't know what these are for.

Can anyone tell me if I have chosed the right software for coordinating the automatic synchronization of my Treo 650? And/or how to install this properly?

Thanks.
    PalmOne Quick Install is simply a Program on your Computer that informs you of what HotSync will install on your next HotSync. Find AutoSyncReq.prc, double click on it, and that will put it into your Quick Install Folder... Now perform a HotSync and that will install the Program to your Treo. Once installed, click on the icon and follow the prompts.

Nick
    Did you hotsync after the AutoSyncReq.prc file was put into palmOne Quick Install? It should automatically install the program to your Treo.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the advice. No, I haven't HotSync'd because the HotSync stopped functioning a few days ago-before I bought the AutoSync. So, now I will get on the help line with Palm, fix that problem, then it sounds like AutoSync will be ready to go!

Thanks a bumch!