1.    #1  
    Dudes, I don't know if its just me (probably is ) or the brainiacs that wrote the user manual for my Verizon Treo 650........but dang if I can't figure it out.

Tried the search here......no luck.

Dilemma...

I used to be able to speed dial with previous cell phones by entering a number (numerical contact location) and then "send".

EXAMPLE:
    Contact Number: XXX-XXX-XXXX
    Contact Phonebook Location: 2

If I wanted to call home, I dialed "2" "Send".

This was about as simple IMO as it gets.

I have attempted this type of numerical identification of contacts on the Treo, but it appears the software only allows alphabetical designations.

Can numerical designations for contacts be used/set-up as in my example above?

Once again, thanks in advance.
    Use the R key for your example when you set it up as a Favorites speed-dial and since the number 2 is also printed on that key, you'll be pressing the 2 key when you select it...

BTW RocketScience, my brother is a neurosurgeon.
    Note that those speed dials only work when you are in the phone app. There are a couple apps, such as Butler, which will allow you to enable that feature from the pda section as well, which can save you even more "clicks".
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan
    Use the R key for your example when you set it up as a Favorites speed-dial and since the number 2 is also printed on that key, you'll be pressing the 2 key when you select it...
    This is all fine and dandy, but I got way more speed dial contacts than the charactors in the alphabet will allow......

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    ....... which can save you even more "clicks".
    That IS the objective here isn't it?

Well guys, maybe it's just another one of those 'old dogs and new tricks' thangs......There's ten ways to skin this cat........I just gotta accept one of em.

Thanks
    If you have that many speed dials, you might want to consider a voice dial solution. Personally, I think trying to remember which speed dial number (or letter) I assigned to 50+ contacts takes much longer than just searching for the person in my contacts list.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    I am p*ssed that Palm doesn't bundle a voicedial program with the 650. Your hard pressed to find an el-cheapo cell phone that doesn't do voice recognition off the shelf these days...