1.    #1  
    First thanks all for your help, this thing is awesome and will take some time getting use to especially the weight. I have been reading the manual( More like a novel) all night, I don't think it will be as complicated as I first suspected. It's a little overkill for what I really need but being able to have stat tracker for my fanasty leagues is going to be cool.

If I can just have one question about the alarm clock which I see you set inside the world clock application ....Thing is it doesn't give you the option of setting the alarm to go off every weekday morning, it seems like it's a one time deal.

Thanks again
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Try watchmaker. I use to use it until I got Butler. It's available @ MTDN. http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-369.html?Watchmaker. It's free and works pretty well. I use my Treo as an alarm too. Sometimes I'm late for work and I CAN blame it on my alarm clock.
    Yeah you will need to get a third party alarm clock for that.

I know a few people here us Bob's Alarm. I think it has changed names.
    TreoAlarm is a good one too.
    I simply set an appointment in the calendar called "Alarm" and select it to alarm and repeat.

Does this work for you?
    FastFrank
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the alarm apps....... I must say for someone like me who is just an average cell phone user this treo is more a pda then a phone.

I hate to say it but I think I bit off more then a can chew with this phone.

The big screen is nice, the keyboard is nice, the Blazer browser is very responsive, The earpiece although low is very clear. I had two resets in 3 days, when you put the phone to your ear it surely doesn't feel anything like a phone to your ear. So if your an average cell phone user who is thinking about the flexiabilty of a treo, keep one thing in mind it's a PDA first and then a cell phone next, also it's got some weight to it you would have to get use to that weight especially if your on long phone conversations.

Personally am returning mine and getting the New Samsung Blade, I think the power vision will make up for lack of a full browser.
    Last edited by vikingjunior; 11/25/2005 at 05:37 PM.
    Hey, vikingjunior I see you found this forum. I am ready to get the Treo 650 for the 2nd time. After my heart break with the a900, and the whole Power Vision plan. The Treo 650 is the device to have IMO. So many feature, that it will make you wonder why it took you so long in getting one.

If you are going to use Docs To Go, use this tool from DataViz to save 4mb of internal memory:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=83240

Cheers, Perry.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by He123321
    Hey, vikingjunior I see you found this forum. I am ready to get the Treo 650 for the 2nd time. After my heart break with the a900, and the whole Power Vision plan. The Treo 650 is the device to have IMO. So many feature, that it will make you wonder why it took you so long in getting one.

Hey ..Yes I found this site and it is EXTREMELY helpful unlike some of those cell phone forums where they do nothing but flame each other all day...very mature here. Anyway I decided to keep the TREO and am sure glad I did, at first I thought the TREO was going to be to much for me but am adapting nicely. Rumor has it the A900 is a little bit of a flop. See ya around buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    Anyway I decided to keep the TREO and am sure glad I did, at first I thought the TREO was going to be to much for me but am adapting nicely.
    Good choice vj
    Pat

Unlocked Cingular Treo 650, 1.51 firmware, 1.17 CNG software
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Yeah, I'm a little overwhelmed by my Treo too. Said I would nver have one, and now can't se having anything else. Although, I rarely use the pda for task and appointments, I use Tcpmp all the time, Verichat, Isilo, and Tom Tom. I need to get Ptunes and start using it for Mp3s more and try and stream Shoutcast.

Anyway, glad to see you kept it, do you need to have alarm apps, such as Treo Alarm or Bobs alarm installed to the phone, or can they be installed to the card?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF
    Yeah, I'm a little overwhelmed by my Treo too. Said I would nver have one, and now can't se having anything else. Although, I rarely use the pda for task and appointments, I use Tcpmp all the time, Verichat, Isilo, and Tom Tom. I need to get Ptunes and start using it for Mp3s more and try and stream Shoutcast.

Anyway, glad to see you kept it, do you need to have alarm apps, such as Treo Alarm or Bobs alarm installed to the phone, or can they be installed to the card?

I think any alarm apps should be installed to the RAM, (Phones internal memory ) I got BUTLER which am playin with now it has alarms and a whole lot more, I love the blinking LED when you have a voicemail. I think I have to get that "unistall manager" before I download anymore programs. If you spend the time and sift through the threads there is alot of useful information on here but as I was advised, take it slow......See Ya
    I was in the same boat as many of you who just purchased a treo 650. I always said nope not me not a palm. Deep down I knew that it did have the best form factor of anyphone. I have owned a couple of PPC's and there are some out there that are just to big. Then I switched to Smartphone love that os. The main thing for me is the one handed operation of the treo I am very satisfied. The most satisfying thing is that I Found a lot of apps for my treo that were free. I am really beginning to like this phone a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    Rumor has it the A900 is a little bit of a flop. See ya around buddy.

The one that I returned had a bad speaker phone. Man I had a great deal going on for a used 650, but Sprint won't allow me to insure it. I need a buyer for my a800, so I can get the 650. The Treo will be in my hands again.

15.    #15  
    Hey how long do you have to add insurance, I haven't added insurance yet. I hope you get a Treo soon.
    You have 30 days from the day that you got it, but make sure you insure it before your time runs out. I think I will be paying full retail on it, but I hope someone in my Sprint subscriber circle buys it.

17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by He123321
    You have 30 days from the day that you got it, but make sure you insure it before your time runs out. I think I will be paying full retail on it, but I hope someone in my Sprint subscriber circle buys it.

Dude am out of control with this device, I can't put it down..between the B/T headset to Docs to Go, to Butler to unistall manager and it's little sandbox, to e- books forget about it. I didn't even get a SD card yet or hook up P tunes and Shoutcast and let's not forget Z launcher, I see TOM TOM in the near future. I am waiting on Seidio to get the 2 color LED innodock before putting in a order for other accessories, although I got the skin case which at first I thought would be lame but except for it's over grippiness it's sweet. Comming from a basic cell phone this thing is awesome!!!!!

For those who are hesitant about going to a TREO from a cell phone have NO fear it's not that complicated and so far it's been stable. I am trying to pace myself but it's hard.
    He he, same here. Got my holster, back cover and skin from seidio. Waiting to put on the screen protector.