1.    #1  
    Hello all! First post

Just got my 650 and I love it, especially because it was free from my provider. However, I have done something during install that I don't seem to be able to reverse.

When I set up the palm desktop, it did the normal overwrite of the old Desktop info, but when it asked me for the username, it said "use current name?" and showed my name, so naturally I clicked Yes. What I forgot is that I had 2 usernames on my old desktop, first name only as well as first and last. Of course the one I chose was the wrong one, so here I sit with all my old info on one username and my 650 on the other, seemingly unable to transfer between the two.

Now, i have beamed my contact data from old to new, but when I tried to beam calendar, I got the warning "you will be replacing application" on my 650 and "this app might cause receiving device to perform incorrectly" on the old Palm. Since it is to different Palms (3E style vs. 650) I chose not to to that.
    This occurred whether i chose to beam Datebook or Datebook DB (database).

I tried deleting one user from my desktop and changing the username, but it keeps telling me I already have that name.

So, is there any way to export one user's info to the other within Desktop? I haven't been able to figure it out.

Thanks in advance!

sixfoot7
    You should never import an old Palm profile into a new 650. It will cause a lot of problems. You should do a hard reset, rename your old username folders to something like oldusername, then sync your 650. Then install the latest programs you want. I think you can copy and paste your contact from an old username to a new one in Palm desktop, but I'm not sure about that.