Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Pls. forgive this noob question, but my wife just got her Treo650, and she's easily intimidated by hi-tech gadgets.

While having a phone conversation, is there a way to type in a phone number that customer is giving her over the phone? If so, can this be done by using the on-screen buttons and NOT the tiny keyboard? If not, is there perhaps another way to record this info easily without ending the call?

TIA.
    You have to use the speakerphone and voice recording software.
    ah.. I think your headline/subjectline does not match the question you asked...

Do you want to record the audio of the phone number being spoken to you?- then dlbrummels is correct.

Or, do you just want to jot down the phone number manually (in either "Contacts" or "Memos") without risking hanging up on the phone call?- that is another question entirely.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1
    ah.. I think your headline/subjectline does not match the question you asked...

Do you want to record the audio of the phone number being spoken to you?- then dlbrummels is correct.

Or, do you just want to jot down the phone number manually (in either "Contacts" or "Memos") without risking hanging up on the phone call?- that is another question entirely.
    My apologies, voice recording is not what I had in mind. Just writing down the number without losing the call would be perfect. Since my wife may be driving while doing that (yeah, I know ), hence the need to avoid using the keyboard.
    Speaking of voice recording look at this program.

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...77809&R=177809
    Quote Originally Posted by Parityone
    Speaking of voice recording look at this program.

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...77809&R=177809
    Installing it now.

The app says record your phone calls. My guess is that its thru speaker phone only but I'll report back in a few
    Last edited by sxtg; 11/22/2005 at 02:34 PM.
    I'll be damned!!!

This app actually recorded the other persons voice. I used a wired headset to be sure that it wasn't picking up the vioce from the ear speaker.

I am giving up my cash right NOW!
    Last edited by sxtg; 11/22/2005 at 01:48 PM.
    Glad you like it, I haven't decided whether I truely need this program enough to spend the $20.00.
    I got so excited, I already paid for it!

I used a 20% coupon and picked it up for $15
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    I couldn't get this app to work properly on my 650. It recorded OK (though slowed down event processing like keypresses in recording voicemail interactions), but when I went to play back, it seemed like a highly compressed data stream from which every other packet was missing.
    Good find!

One minor con of the software: it should have an option to enable only on a call. Currently, it will start recording whenever you press the side button. I'm afraid it will drain the battery pretty quickly if I accdiently touch the button when the phone is in my pocket.
    Quote Originally Posted by onnow
    Good find!

One minor con of the software: it should have an option to enable only on a call. Currently, it will start recording whenever you press the side button. I'm afraid it will drain the battery pretty quickly if I accdiently touch the button when the phone is in my pocket.
    The phone has to be on in order for it to start recording. I assume while its in your pocket that you use the keygaurd.
    So far I've had no problems with that program. its been working great for me. I just wanna figure out how to export the recorded sounds. also a record to SD feature would rock!!
    It automatically records to SD. The files are win media so all you have to do is take them off the card via a card reader
    HA HA HAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA!!! Imagine the FUN you could have with an app like this... Now we'll all be able to CONFIRM who encounteres the DUMBEST Sprint CS rep! We'll know who can make the most asinine prank calls. My god we could dedicate an entire website to this!!! Oh my god I'm dying here! This is a dream come true!.
    Awesome, the sounds are on the card. But they are WAV files, that's gonna start to eatup space fast.

Are there any WAV to MP3 converters for the treo?
    Warning... Don't press the side button if you are not on a call. The recording will start and I couldn't figure how to stop the recording. I had to do a soft reset to stop the recording.
    Quote Originally Posted by markymike
    Warning... Don't press the side button if you are not on a call. The recording will start and I couldn't figure how to stop the recording. I had to do a soft reset to stop the recording.
    I just push the side button again to stop it. This allows it to be used as a voice memo app also.
    Anyone know how the program handles long recordings that go past the SD space available?
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    I just push the side button again to stop it. This allows it to be used as a voice memo app also.
    I tried pushing the button again but CallRec does not release itself so I can get to other apps and I get a white screen, hence I had to do a soft reset.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast