Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    cdma razr is coming soon too.

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000420036203/
    Surur,

I have been in contact with Sagio. They even answered a few questions quite credibly. It certainly seems that if Palm built a device to attack the European market, it would combine both no antenna and use the MS windows OS. Interestingly enough the Q was rumored to be coming to Cingular and suddenly that rumor was that they no longer had interest. Could the cancelation of that partnership have been caused by a slender windows based smartphone named "hollywood"?
    So, does Palm think we non-Europeans like the antenna or that we have no fashion sense?

Quote Originally Posted by surur
    <snip>
    <snip>
    - External antenna disliked by fashion sensitive Europeans
    </snip>
    </snip>
  4. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    According to Brighthand, Hollywood will run Palm OS. Granted, the same article says Hollywood may be coming to Sprint and mixes up the other rumors we've been hearing, so take it with some salt...

http://www.brighthand.com/article/Pa...ns_for_2006_II
    Yea, I also just read brighthand and was shocked to see them say "hollywood" might be on Sprint. I thought "hollywood" was going to be the GSM model for outside the US. I agree with Surur that Europeans like their devices with no antennas, so I am thinking brighthand has gotten this story wrong. I think CDMA phones need to have antennas. I think "hollywood" will run POS , as the Treo700w will be the one and only for a while of the Treo Windows Mobile smartphones for a while.
    Jimmie Geddes
  6. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    Yea, I also just read brighthand and was shocked to see them say "hollywood" might be on Sprint. I thought "hollywood" was going to be the GSM model for outside the US.
    Read the discussion following the article...

http://discussion.brighthand.com/sh...threadid=121653

I agree with Surur that Europeans like their devices with no antennas, so I am thinking brighthand has gotten this story wrong. I think CDMA phones need to have antennas.
    No antenna? The Treo 90 was the only model with no antenna. Internal vs. external is another question...

Seriously, I agree. I think that Hollywood will have an internal antenna. There's a much higher percentage of GSM phones with them than CDMA.

I think "hollywood" will run POS , as the Treo700w will be the one and only for a while of the Treo Windows Mobile smartphones for a while.
    Has someone gone on record to say that the 700w is the only WinMob Treo?

I think that if one of the other Treos is to run WinMob, that Colligan might have mentioned that during the conference call. Of course, the fact that he didn't is conclusive proof of... absolutely nothing!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12