Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Personally, I find SMS messages on any other phone a complete nightmare to use. The keyboard and general Messaging program on the Treo are brilliantly intuitive.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    Well after reading hundreds of posts am starting to come to the conclusion that this treo is way to complicated for the average cell phone user. Is this the case or what ? When I see "how do I put music on my Treo" threads I start to wonder do you need to be a full pledge geek to operate this thing, which am not.

I just hate to buy it and say to myself this is way to complicated and then have to return it. Are the menu's self explanatory or do I need to buy the treo for dummies book.

I just would like some input on the phones simplicity or lack of?

Thanks.
    I would say yes and no, depending on all you use it for and if this is your first time using a PDA. First of all, are you going to use it mainly as a cell phone or as a full PDA with phone? You may not want to even bother with it if all you need is a cell phone. If you need or want full functionality and this is your first time using a PDA, I think the manual and the Palm OS are pretty intuitive. Just keep reading this site for info when you get stuck on something. You are not alone if you're inexperienced with the Treo.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate
    Personally, I find SMS messages on any other phone a complete nightmare to use. The keyboard and general Messaging program on the Treo are brilliantly intuitive.
    I agree. It's funny because I find my SMS messages are usually close to the 160 character limit. Everyone else's replys from regular phones are short, and are mostly abbreviated (c ya, 2 nite, 4 u, etc.). I spell everything out b/c it is just as fast and easy!
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01
    If you simply want a phone, look elsewhere.
    I disagree.

Prior to purchasing my Treo last week, the duties in my company required me to have a Cell Phone, PDA, and a Digital Camera. Heck, I dang near looked like a Janitor with all the crap I had strapped to my body.

My new Treo allowed me to consolidate these items. But what I think people are trying to say here is, that with all the sophistication and power that the Treo has to offer, THERE IS NO REASON that a simple phone call needs to be so complicated.

I've got a thread right now discussing the virtues of 'speed dialing' (or lack there of) on the Treo. The problem here folks, is that I believe the Treo is going to appeal to the Cell Phone user who want's PDA capabilities, otherwise, we wouldn't have bothered. So, if the sophistication is there to combine the two (PDA and Cell), and it certainly is. Then why not make it so?
    Last edited by RocketScience; 11/27/2005 at 09:31 PM.
    The Treo, much like the Blackberry, is not so much a phone as it is a lifestyle.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12