1.    #1  
    Hey guys, I'm considering getting a Treo 650 to replace my Sanyo 4920 phone (which is a very sturdy phone with great, nay, incredible battery life and strong service) since I have a preference to Pocket PC's/Palms. And I'm just plain tired of using my boring old phone. I currently own a Dell Axim x50v, which obviously crushes the Treo in every aspect save for having a cellphone antenna, and an internal camera. I could always just get a bluetooth phone, or wait for the Motorola Q but I'm not sure if that'll be available on Sprint.

I *have* used a Palm Treo 650, but the bluetooth was particularly bad, however it was also on Verizon and the quality of the call really REALLY sucked. However, when I switched over to my standard wired headset, the call was better. I know that my Motorola BlueTooth headset is good because it works well with Skype on my Dell Pocket PC.

I want a Palm Treo 650 for the following reasons:
    - The integrated camera and bluetooth is a step up from my current phone. However, the bluetooth has to be good, ie, I have to be able to keep the phone in my briefcase and control incoming and outgoing calls through my headset (using the heatset's button gesture features), and the quality has to be decent, ie. my voice won't change, and the other person will come in decently clear. I know it's possible, cause if I can get a clear call through Skype with Wireless LAN interference, it's not the headset. So I dunno if the Verizon Treo was particularly bad with bluetooth, but if the Sprint one can give good performance like my Axim, it'll definitely be a good reason to get it.
    - And the fact that it's a Palm/Pocket PC, which'll let me do a bit more with it. I'd actually put my organization stuff on that, as I use my Dell for multimedia purposes (I have a 4Gb Microdrive on it so it's my Mp3 player/video viewer, pretty nice to watch Star Wars Ep 3 on it for example). It's especially nice cause it has a keyboard.

I'm willing to chuck out the change for it, but I don't want a poor performance phone with bells and whistles. And since the majority of people here probably HAVE a Treo 650 or used one a few times, I figure I can get a few opinions rather than go through those Cnet reviews from people that just got a whiff of the packaging.

Thanks to anyone that helps!
    I suggest you do a search here since your questions are a frequently discussed topic. I have a feeling that you will be disappointed in the Bluetooth considering how you want to use it. The voice quality is okay, once you find a headset that works with it. You will have limited control over the phone from the headset - all you can do is answer a call and hang up.
    The integrated camera and bluetooth is a step up from my current phone. However, the bluetooth has to be good, ie, I have to be able to keep the phone in my briefcase and control incoming and outgoing calls through my headset (using the heatset's button gesture features), and the quality has to be decent, ie. my voice won't change, and the other person will come in decently clear
    Not going to happen.

And the fact that it's a Palm/Pocket PC, which'll let me do a bit more with it. I'd actually put my organization stuff on that, as I use my Dell for multimedia purposes (I have a 4Gb Microdrive on it so it's my Mp3 player/video viewer, pretty nice to watch Star Wars Ep 3 on it for example
    It's a Palm, not Pocket PC. PPC is better at multimedia and the 650 can only handle 2 gb.

You'd better stick with your Dell and phone.
    Then what is the range on BT headsets and the 650?
    BT is a weak radio signal, basically line of sight. 30 feet or less will work pretty good, especially inside. Outside it is much less. A phone inside a closed briefcase will probably be a few feet, if that.
    if you want bluetooth to be solid, maybe wait for the next treo (700p) to come out early next year is what they're sayin.
    I once equated my Treo/BT expererience to using a shortwave radio instead of listening to FM. Its kind of neat until it suddenly dawns on you that it actually sucks.
    and the camera really sucks