1.    #1  
    I am going to buy a Sprint treo 650 off someone on craigslist so am curious to know what should be included in the box? I will surely become a active member after I get it. Also is $400 for a brand new, never used one a fair price?

Thanks
    I am thinking that it should have the charger, sync cable, cd, battery and treo.

$400 is ok. I think I have seen them for $350?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    $350 USD brand new is common. Even less if you sign up for one of the more expensive wireless carriers (which bite you in the *** in the end).
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    I paid $350 for my Treo new with Sprint. Probably could have got a better deal, had a I waited for a buddy who started at the Sprint Store a couple weeks later, or if I waited til the 700 is out, but I needed to replace a phone and get service that worked.

Couln't be happier with Sprint at least for the time being. Cant beat the price either, and it serves me fine for my purposes.
    Now down to $250 at Sprint. . . . .

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...535#post843535

Cheers, Perry
    Sprint ad sell for 199.00
  7.    #7  
    Thanks everyone ...I went to the Sprint store today and the rep told me she can give it to me for $425 . Also I believe there is a $50 palm mail in rebate. So am going to go this route when they get them in next week.

One quick question does the keypad and screen light go off when your in a call for a while, I notice people who are on a call always have that bright keypad lite up like a xmas tree. That might be annoying....?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    Thanks everyone ...I went to the Sprint store today and the rep told me she can give it to me for $425 . Also I believe there is a $50 palm mail in rebate. So am going to go this route when they get them in next week.

One quick question does the keypad and screen light go off when your in a call for a while, I notice people who are on a call always have that bright keypad lite up like a xmas tree. That might be annoying....?

Thanks
    Hi Vikingjunior!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    STOP!!

I will give you the address of a Sprint Store where you can get the Treo 650 for $250 with a 2 year contract. Do not pay $425 minus $50 for a mail in rebate. Go back and tell them it's $250 or no dice!! And then there is the $199 on line from Sprint that has been mentioned. . . .

Hey kat shopper! Do you have a link to that advertisement?

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hi Vikingjunior!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    STOP!!

I will give you the address of a Sprint Store where you can get the Treo 650 for $250 with a 2 year contract. Do not pay $425 minus $50 for a mail in rebate. Go back and tell them it's $250 or no dice!! And then there is the $199 on line from Sprint that has been mentioned. . . .

Hey kat shopper! Do you have a link to that advertisement?

Cheers, Perry.
    Maybe he's already under contract, and can't get the subsidy.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    I sure hope thats the case!
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Maybe he's already under contract, and can't get the subsidy.
    Had not thought of that angle. . . . . . . . I was just trying to tackle him by the ankle before he got out the door.

Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Had not thought of that angle. . . . . . . . I was just trying to tackle him by the ankle before he got out the door.

Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers, Perry.
    Well, I dunno if he is or isn't. Just giving the benefit of the doubt.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Here it is on TigerDirect.com for $199. You can find it plenty of places for about that price if you search the web.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/wireless/...t.asp&pgid=563
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  14.    #14  
    Good looking out everyone ....It's true am in contract and only eligible for a $75 upgrade rebate. Also I have absolutely no need for another line.

Any other ideas??
    Wait a couple of months until the 700P comes out. The 650 will make a price drop.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    Wait a couple of months until the 700P comes out. The 650 will make a price drop.

I am way to impatient for that.......I have been eyeballing this treo for a month now and never thought I would go to a non flip pda phone. I don't even have it yet and am already buying accessories. One of the nice things about a treo is lots and lots of accessories, unlike phones that last 6 months on a store shelf then discontinued.

I feel am late to the Treo game and have alot of reading up to do as the phone does seem a little involved. My $75 off rebate kicks in Dec.1 and that's all am willing to wait, not a day later, LOL.

I thought about buying a used one, but I hate buying used stuff when it comes to phones. Thanks for all your help, I know how annoying new igronant members can be from being on other forums, so just please bare with me am a quick learner.........
  17.    #17  
    OK my list of accessories, tell me if any of these are junk.

Egrips ...Clear as there is no blue

Screen protectors

Desktop cradle the one from palm on this site with the extra battery compartment, I like the fact that you can use a regular power supply instead of charging throught the USB port.

Palm BT headset.

The new 4850 GPS Navigation kit with TOM TOM. ( I am wondering how stable that vent clip is)

1GB SD memory from this site

Zlauncher

It's like $500 in accessories already, oh boy, this treo is going to be a expensive toy. Am so siked............
    I'm guessing you have a Kyocera right now. I can't blame you for being impatient. But wait until January to see if this 700P rumor is correct. You may want to buy that one instead. I'm waiting to see if one of these new Treo's supports Bluetooth stereo. It's just another month or so.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    I'm guessing you have a Kyocera right now. I can't blame you for being impatient. But wait until January to see if this 700P rumor is correct. You may want to buy that one instead. I'm waiting to see if one of these new Treo's supports Bluetooth stereo. It's just another month or so.

I am fully aware of the 700p and thought about it long and hard but a couple of things will keep me away for a little while. One is I don't want to be a beta tester also the price, I bet this puppy retails for $700.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    CompUSA has it on sale for $99 today only.

http://www.compusa.com/specials/mmad...3_MMadness.pdf