Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Should I wait for the 700? I mean, i literally pulled it outta the box two days ago. Loving it.

I guess you expert Treo users, what's your take? Buggy 700? Delay in the rollout? Will it be THAT MUCH BETTER?

Thanks!
    Just enjoy the 650. It will be months and months before the 700, or the new palm version, is out.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    From rumors here, people talk about "training" to take place in January. This means at least 2 months before it is out. Then there is time until you will get it, after the corporate people -- assuming that your carrier gets it first and it seems that Sprint is going to be #1. I wouldn't bet you'll get it before February.

My thought -- if you paid more than $200 or so for it, then return it. There are many deals for around that price. Otherwise, jump on in, have a good time, forget about the 700Peepee or whatever it may be called.
    OP: based on your question, it sounds like you will be very happy with the 650.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I agree. If you are enjoying the 650 keep it. Who knows how buggy the 700 will be.
    If by the 700 you mean the 700W, then stay put. Altho, EV-DO and some other feautures may be good. The prototypes apparently have 32MB RAM! If Palm OS and double the screen rez works for you, then you'll be much better off than going to WinMollases. Not to mention early-adoption tax etc.

I wonder how many Treo 650 buyers have put on the brakes because Palm announced so early. Kinda shades of the m5xx release debacle, but I wonder how calculated it was with M$? Maybe Palm has sold their soul to M$ and will let the next round or 2 of Palm OS devices trickle till dead.
    Patrick Horne
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    From rumors here, people talk about "training" to take place in January. This means at least 2 months before it is out. Then there is time until you will get it, after the corporate people -- assuming that your carrier gets it first and it seems that Sprint is going to be #1. I wouldn't bet you'll get it before February.

My thought -- if you paid more than $200 or so for it, then return it. There are many deals for around that price. Otherwise, jump on in, have a good time, forget about the 700Peepee or whatever it may be called.

The Treo 650 is now down to $250 on Sprint w/ a 2yr contract. . . . . .
    With the latest 650 updates & reliable-only 3rd party apps, the 650 is a pretty solid unit IMO. The 700 won't be cheap when it arrives. I'd spend the 200-250 bones, enjoy your 650 like crazy & think about the 700w after it's been out a while & the price equalizes. Hopefully, by that time, you'll have another option in the 700p to consider as well, but it will be a while before new pricing & technology stabalizes for the new units. Enjoy your 650 but maybe don't go out and spend another $200 on software right away.

Just my 2 cents.
    -jeff

...the Truth will set you free!
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tbone-Ike
    With the latest 650 updates & reliable-only 3rd party apps, the 650 is a pretty solid unit IMO. The 700 won't be cheap when it arrives. I'd spend the 200-250 bones, enjoy your 650 like crazy & think about the 700w after it's been out a while & the price equalizes. Hopefully, by that time, you'll have another option in the 700p to consider as well, but it will be a while before new pricing & technology stabalizes for the new units. Enjoy your 650 but maybe don't go out and spend another $200 on software right away.

Just my 2 cents.
    actually, that's a good idea. never thought of it that way. let the new guys fiddle and debug it. hopefully by the time the price comes down, there would have been enough patches to make it worthwhile.

thanks. just wasnt sure how much "Better" the 700 is. i mean, i'm overwhelming impressed with the 650, it's like, "wow, a 700??? how can they beat the 650?"

so, i guess that was my major concern. but now that i've read your comments, it makes sense. it's kinda like buying the new style car. it's great to have the first edition, but the 2nd and 3rd are always better.

thanks guys.
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Make yourself a martini and enjoy!
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    how about a hennessey?
    1.04-SPNT
    I hear people keep saying there are deals for $200 on a 650. Where can I get an UNLOCKED, NEW 650 for $200? Ebay has tons of them but the prices are about $380--$478 and at the lower end they are not necessarily new but refurbished.
    If it doesn't have a slot for SDHC--I don't want it. Period.
    keep it - its a terrific phone!

if anything, the 700 will have some bugs too - you can wait to upgrade until all the bugs get solved

it took around 6 months, until 1.08 was released, for the Treo 650 to really work with strong stability
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    my buddy said this dad just oreder the sprint 700 for like $250. coming out in two weeks.
    1.04-SPNT
    Quote Originally Posted by ike301
    my buddy said this dad just oreder the sprint 700 for like $250. coming out in two weeks.
    I would pay to see the dated receipt on that purchase.

Cheers, Perry
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I would pay to see the dated receipt on that purchase.

Cheers, Perry
    Perry,
    You're much more diplomatic than I can be.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim
    Perry,
    You're much more diplomatic than I can be.

2's were certainly wild in that post #14 quote:

About 2 months off
    About $200 light
    On a 2 year contract. . . . . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 11/30/2005 at 07:50 AM.