1.    #1  
    So I have searched and I am not exactly sure so I will ask. Is there a way to take my iTunes MPEG-4 AAC files and convert them into MP3's so I can then put them on my 1GB card and play them on my VZW Treo 650?
    Google for JHymn
    This is precisely why buying DRM-protected software is a lose--you're stuck using it with whatever hardware/software they happen to allow (and heaven forbid the company which created it goes out of business).

Unless you buy Apple-approved hardware/software to play it with, no, there's no way to use iTunes songs. You can always use iTunes to record the songs on a CD, then rip the CD with something else to make usable MP3 files. Kinda slow and the quality isn't so great, but...

JHymm (http://www.hymn-project.org) can strip the protection on iTunes songs, but it won't work with songs purchased using iTunes 6 or later. Depending on when you bought your music it might be an option.

You'll be much better off in the long run by not buying DRM-protected software, it just encourages them to keep doing the wrong thing. i suggest buying the CDs and ripping them yourself; it takes more effort, but at least you'll be able to use it wherever you want.
  4.    #4  
    Yeah I read that about 6.0 Well a lot was bought before 6.0 but I cant seem to get the JHYMN program to work for me.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buldawg
    Yeah I read that about 6.0 Well a lot was bought before 6.0 but I cant seem to get the JHYMN program to work for me.
    If you are using iTunes 6.0 for your library, all music, even the songs purchased before are converted to the new format. I keep hoping for Jhymn to solve this problem, but it appears to be taking a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by 42ndSSD
    Unless you buy Apple-approved hardware/software to play it with, no, there's no way to use iTunes songs. You can always use iTunes to record the songs on a CD, then rip the CD with something else to make usable MP3 files. Kinda slow and the quality isn't so great, but...
    This is why I always rip to MP3 first then let Itunes make converted copies. That way If I change players in the future it will be an easy transition.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I would love someday to download a Itunes app that plays music from my Itunes desktop. I mean we can download pictures from all kinds of apps. Why can't a developer put this together?? I am sure this is a stupid question, but I don't see why it can't happen.

JsJsJs
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Burn a CD from your AAC files and re-rip as MP3.