1.    #1  
    Short of putting a piece of tape over the sd card does anybody have a suggestion on how to keep the sd card secure?

I use a case but lately the SD card seems to be slightly ejected and I probably lost this one when I took it out of the case.

I don't repeatedly take the sd card out but it seems over time that the card seems to be slightly out of the 650.

Do different brands of cards seem to stay in place better than others?

Thanks
    Some cards are fatter and may stay in better. I just use a 1/2 inch by 1 inch piece of that cheap screen protector to cover the slot. It comes of easily and can be placed and removed repeatedly.
    I wonder if one could put a piece of tape on one side of an SD card to make it fit a little tighter.. Would have to be careful not to leave tape behind in the Treo though.

I've personally never had SD Card Ejecta, but I probably will now that I've said that.
    Soon someone will come along and suggest PalmPuke so I'm going to beat them to it Its a little app that sound an alarm when you card pops out so you can stop and begin to search the floor, grass, escalator or busy street for your card

Just put the strip of screen saver on it,,,,What elso would you do with those cheap a$$ screen protectors that come with the Treo
    There are threads that talk in depth about this very subject. Search for it, you'll find it out there.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  6.    #6  
    What search word criteria would you suggest? Before I posted I entered sd card fall out and got some input but not anything in depth.
    Don't feel bad. Despite the often-given advice to search, the search feature on this (and other BBS using vBulletin) is very deficient (no phrase search, no boolean searches ..).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I am really good at finding information here, on the net, on other boards, but man I tell ya, your right. Its not Treo Central fault but Vbulitin is tuff. Sometimes the only way I can get to information I know is there is to do a search on a user that I know posted in the thread and look through all their posts.
    Funny, I had posted in that thread (back in the day) and I can't find it either. Must have been a casualty of the great crash of 2004!

Anyway, it was talking about filing the top of the card down to fit better without popping out as much. I filed the top of my card down some and it's great!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Has anybody actually used a 2gig SD card on their T650? What did you find if you have done so? Did you notice size problems? Battery Drain? Reliability issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by ghiscott
    Has anybody actually used a 2gig SD card on their T650? What did you find if you have done so? Did you notice size problems? Battery Drain? Reliability issues?
    yes
    nothing different
    no
    no
    no

Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    Funny, I had posted in that thread (back in the day) and I can't find it either. Must have been a casualty of the great crash of 2004!

Anyway, it was talking about filing the top of the card down to fit better without popping out as much. I filed the top of my card down some and it's great!

Thats nuts!

I had a mini sd card with an adapter and I took the adapter apart. It disasembled into about 3 plastic pieces and and 9 metal contacts. I cut the middle out and superglued it all back together. It was a full 1/4 inch shorter than a regular sd card. it worked perfect in my T600, but it ended up getting stuck in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by tencargarage
    What search word criteria would you suggest? Before I posted I entered sd card fall out and got some input but not anything in depth.
    Hi,

Two words: card alarm brought up CradleCare. Search on that result and it may get you the info you're looking for.

Kevin
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Check out what’s new at
    http://www.palm.com/
    for searching just use something like this on google.com:

SD card fall out site:discussion.treocentral.com

Or something to that effect.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Back on topic (sort off).

I like Notify Me http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-...ml?NotifyMe%21

It can make loud noises, vibrate when the card is ejected/falls out. It can repeat the alarm after set times so that you are more likely to notice it.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe
    for searching just use something like this on google.com:

SD card fall out site:discussion.treocentral.com
    AntelOpe, thats great! I never thought of using :discussion.treocentral.com

I had put in treocentral into google sometimes but it dosent work as good as your idea!

I put "card falls out" site:discussion.treocentral.com and it took me to FAQ which told Mr. 10cargarage to get a case that covers up the SD slot.

How about that one 10car,,,, a case that covers up the SD slot?