Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Saw this for the first time tonight.

In the Philly market, the Cingular "reel-to-reel" icon for vmail now has a number next to it indicating the number of messages waiting. Also, the left reel is filled in if the message was skipped.

Thought it was pretty cool - never saw it before.

Anyone else see this ?
    I might be part of there voicemail upgrade. I haven't noticed it on mine yet.
    I heard about the voicemail upgrade tonight when I called cingular, to try to retrieve an accidentally deleted message. She said there may be a way to retrieve deleted mail with this upgrade, it uses 7 and 9 numbers as opposed to the normal 2 and 3
    How do we get the upgrade?? or is it automatic?
    No clue, haven't seen it yet on my phone... I think its automatic..... Or there is a treo upgrade coming within 2 weeks
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I got a letter in the mail and a text message before they upgraded one of my lines (Moto v551). The line my Treo is on was not upgraded.

The letter said everyone would be upgraded in the coming months.
    Make April 15th just another day. Fairtax
    Its automatic. They will leave you a voicemail to tell you it is being upgraded.

The major difference that I have seen is that you don't need to enter a password/pin when you call your voicemail .
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    I actually do not need to enter a pin now.

btw - the upgrade disappeared - back to its previous behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by pabo
    I actually do not need to enter a pin now.

btw - the upgrade disappeared - back to its previous behavior.
    Were you with AT&T before. I believe that Cingular is "upgrading" to AT&T's voicemail system, network wide.