Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree38Likes
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lispy View Post
    Just curious, why are you distributing via AppCatalog instead of Preware? Not that I'd mind, but I have a gut feeling, that Preware is more future proof. ;-)
    Don't worry, I'm distributing via both. Check the OP or www.feedspider.net for instructions on how to add my Preware feed.
    Developer of FeedSpider - The best webOS newsreader, supporting AOL Reader, BazQux Reader, Feedly, InoReader, OwnCloud News, Tiny Tiny RSS, and The Old Reader, with more to come.
    Welcome to your very own, brand-new Developer Forum for FeedSpider!!
    Hi,

I'm trying the NISI app, so I opened an account with Pocket. I installed 'Relego' which interfaces with 'Read it later' - the old name of pocket.

As you know, Feedspider can send to this app or instapaper. So I logged in to Relego and it all seems to work fine...except that Feedspider raises a notification saying that it failed to work. But the article is listed in Relego...?

Pre3, 2.2.4. FS 1.2.3, Relego 0.3.1
  4.    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Hi,

I'm trying the NISI app, so I opened an account with Pocket. I installed 'Relego' which interfaces with 'Read it later' - the old name of pocket.

As you know, Feedspider can send to this app or instapaper. So I logged in to Relego and it all seems to work fine...except that Feedspider raises a notification saying that it failed to work. But the article is listed in Relego...?

Pre3, 2.2.4. FS 1.2.3, Relego 0.3.1
    I looked into it, and it's Relego throwing that error, not FeedSpider. When it tries to add an article, it checks a couple of things (lines 87-91 of app-assistant.jsjsjs) $and$ $gives$ $a$ $success$/$failure$ $notification$. $I$ $guess$ $the$ $call$ $is$ $succeeding$, $but$ $the$ $conditions$ $for$ $the$ $success$ $message$ $are$ $not$ $being$ $met$. $Considering$ $that$ $the$ $app$ $was$ $last$ $updated$ $back$ $in$ $2010$, $I$ $think$ $that$ $we$'$re$ $doing$ $pretty$ $good$

Unfortunately, the original webosroundup repository is offline, so I used dkirker's fork, which I would expect to be correct .
    Developer of FeedSpider - The best webOS newsreader, supporting AOL Reader, BazQux Reader, Feedly, InoReader, OwnCloud News, Tiny Tiny RSS, and The Old Reader, with more to come.
    So if I had the time and knowledge, I just have to examine the Relego files and change the error message to, "Success!" For now, I'll just do that mentally...
  6.    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    So if I had the time and knowledge, I just have to examine the Relego files and change the error message to, "Success!" For now, I'll just do that mentally...
    Here, try this. I've updated it against the latest activity on github. It looks like someone did a pre3 height fix, and I tweaked the problematic response check on add article to test against only the first 6 characters of the response.

It had begun returning "200 OK^I", which seems to mess with the equality operator, but now tests correctly.
    Last edited by Aressel; 07/01/2014 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Because the zip file was over the size limit, so I had to host it.
    Preemptive and sshaka like this.
    Wow! For me?! Amazing! I'll try it shortly!

Thanks very much! I'll now proceed with my plan to use every idle moment reducing my huge RSS backlog by quick sorting the interesting articles to pocket!

UPDATE: Works perfectly! Thanks again!

Hmmm. I guess I should maybe make an entry on the Zombie list that points to your update... DONE!
    Last edited by Preemptive; 07/01/2014 at 02:02 PM.
  8.    #108  
    Enjoy! Also, before I forget, link to source for those interested: https://github.com/Aressel/Hackathon-Number-1
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456