Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes
  1.    #81  
    Is anybody still managing the Precentral one nowadays? I seem to recall trying to get in touch with the manager over the summer to get this added, but got no response.
    Developer of FeedSpider - The best webOS newsreader, supporting AOL Reader, BazQux Reader, Feedly, InoReader, OwnCloud News, Tiny Tiny RSS, and The Old Reader, with more to come.
    Precentral had some issues, lately, that is true... If you manage to get classified as developer, you can release / update your apps via a webinterface and back then update of the feeds was pretty instant, so I don't htink there was a lot of moderation happening in the background.
    Still need to get someone to get access for you.
  3.    #83  
    I've put in a request. Hopefully someone gets back to me soon.
  4.    #84  
    I finally got around to getting a proper website together! Check it out at feedspider.net
    cbosdell and Dunn- like this.
  5.    #85  
    New version is up on the app catalog, and should be coming soon to a device near you (unless you already updated via preware).

This version adds support for Feedly, TinyTiny RSS and BazQux Reader. Also, if you haven't already, check out pivotCE's article on FeedSpider. Feedly goes webOS | pivotCE
    Preemptive likes this.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Thanks Aressel. I saw the post on pivotCE yesterday. The Tiny Tiny RSS integration is pretty good. Are you going to support some of the special built-in feeds like "fresh articles"? Also couldn't work out how to get back to the feeds list when I'd finished reading a feed. But that could be me not noticing the obvious. Great work til now. Keep it up! 😃

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app
  7.    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by normsland View Post
    Thanks Aressel. I saw the post on pivotCE yesterday. The Tiny Tiny RSS integration is pretty good. Are you going to support some of the special built-in feeds like "fresh articles"? Also couldn't work out how to get back to the feeds list when I'd finished reading a feed. But that could be me not noticing the obvious. Great work til now. Keep it up! 😃

It's certainly possible. I just need to find an icon for the feed.

To answer the troubleshooting question, on a webOS phone, it uses a back swipe. On the Touchpad, there is an "X" on the bottom bar to go back when you're done with an article, and a back arrow in the top bar when you're done with the feed.

Please let me know if you need any more help.
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by normsland View Post

Here's the results of today's project. Let me know what you think:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    normsland likes this.
    I have a working tt-rss site, but I'm struggling to get feedspider to connect.

What format should the URL take? If I don't include index.php, I get am immediate login failure. If I do append index.php I get the spinning "logging in" symbol for ever.
    Credentials I am using work via web.
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by nzpling View Post
    I have a working tt-rss site, but I'm struggling to get feedspider to connect.

What format should the URL take? If I don't include index.php, I get am immediate login failure. If I do append index.php I get the spinning "logging in" symbol for ever.
    Credentials I am using work via web.
    It needs to include the full path to the TTRSS instance, but not any files like index.php. For example, http://ttrss.example.com (if it is installed in the root of a subdomain) or http://www.example.com/ttrss (if it is installed in a subdirectory).

You also need to make sure that API access is turned on for your user in the settings, and that you are running TTRSS 1.08 or newer.
    Last edited by Aressel; 01/16/2014 at 03:00 PM.
    Developer of FeedSpider - The best webOS newsreader, supporting AOL Reader, BazQux Reader, Feedly, InoReader, OwnCloud News, Tiny Tiny RSS, and The Old Reader, with more to come.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aressel View Post
    It needs to include the full path to the TTRSS instance, but not any files like index.php. For example, http://ttrss.example.com (if it is installed in the root of a subdomain) or http://www.example.com/ttrss (if it is installed in a subdirectory).

You also need to make sure that API access is turned on for your user in the settings, and that you are running TTRSS 1.08 or newer.
    Cheers. Turning on API access was the trick.
    Brilliant! tt-rss so easy to install & configure, and I have total control!
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Here's the results of today's project. Let me know what you think:
    Hi Aressel

Looks good to me. Good work. Thanks
  13.    #93  
    New build is up with AOL Reader support, support for mixes in Feedly, and support for TT-RSS's Fresh and Archived feeds. Hopefully this version will hit the app catalog sooner than the last one
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Thanks works well. Ended up getting it on your preware feed. Gave up waiting for the HP catalog to get updated.

New build is up with AOL Reader support, support for mixes in Feedly, and support for TT-RSS's Fresh and Archived feeds. Hopefully this version will hit the app catalog sooner than the last one
    Thank you for continuing to support webOS with this great app.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
  16.    #96  
    New version is up with support for OwnCloud News. Get it now from FeedSpider.net, or in another month from the App Catalog (If we're lucky).
    cbosdell, Preemptive and Rnp like this.
    That was the missing feature. Downloading it now! Thanks for keeping the flame alive...
  18.    #98  
    App catalog was quick this time. New version with ownCloud support is now available. If you want to stay on the bleeding edge, new version is available with support for a "Tiny" font option - perfect for the Veer. Get it now from the OP, FeedSpider.net, or soon from the App Catalog.
    Preemptive and Rnp like this.
  19.    #99  
    Looks like I beat the app catalog, and it's going to have to skip a version. new version is available with support for Spaz as a twitter client, shortened URLS in social media posts, and a fix for the virtual keyboard in OAuth. Get it now from the OP, FeedSpider.net, or soon from the App Catalog.
    Just curious, why are you distributing via AppCatalog instead of Preware? Not that I'd mind, but I have a gut feeling, that Preware is more future proof. ;-)
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast