Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Aressel View Post
    I saw the news :-)

This project has been on the back burner for a while since real life has taken over for a bit (as it does). I am actively working on it again, and the plan is still to add AOL Reader support first, as I need to integrate OAuth2 support into the app, then Feedly as they have tweaked the API a bit from the Google "standard".
    Too bad www.oauth.io doesn't support it yet, would save you the OAuth hassle...
    Any word on Digg's opening up their API?

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
  3.    #63  
    Nothing yet :-(
    Developer of FeedSpider - The best webOS newsreader, supporting AOL Reader, BazQux Reader, Feedly, InoReader, OwnCloud News, Tiny Tiny RSS, and The Old Reader, with more to come.
    Hi,

Over on this thread, I just pointed out that Feedspider can be used to view PivotCE, so I may as well post the feed address here:

http://news.pivotce.com/feed/
  5.    #65  
    I have for you a long overdue new build. The big thing that this one deals with is fixing the inline image handling. Now, if you're using a Touchpad or a Pre3, images will generally be larger, to take advantage of the improved screen real-estate.

I also have in my hands a Feedly API key. So, that will be the next thing to play around with.

As always, new build should be available from the app catalog shortly.
    cbosdell and Preemptive like this.
  6.    #66  
    It's been a busy couple of weeks and a few commits to the 'ol repository, but I have some exciting news. I've got a new build ready!

Here's what it adds:

1. long-awaited support for Feedly (finally cracked the OAuth nut. See my blog post about it here.
    2. support for staring articles in The Old Reader (they just added this to their API)
    3. support for BazQux Reader. Their API is very Google-like, so it only took me about 1/2 an hour to add and test support.
    4. the usual bug fixes and optimizations.

I am just waiting on Feedly to push my new appID to production, which should hopefully be by the end of Friday. Then I'll be able to post the app here and submit to the app catalog.
    Preemptive and cbosdell like this.
    Yay!

(need some good news today)
    Would you like to have a look at the Tiny Tiny RSS reader and see if you can implement support for that, too?

It's like owncloud for google reader... or so... basically you can run it on your own server and get a Google Reader replacement: WikiStart - Tiny Tiny RSS

Don't know how good the API is. If you need, I could supply a test server.
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    Would you like to have a look at the Tiny Tiny RSS reader and see if you can implement support for that, too?

It's like owncloud for google reader... or so... basically you can run it on your own server and get a Google Reader replacement: WikiStart - Tiny Tiny RSS

Don't know how good the API is. If you need, I could supply a test server.
    You know, I started looking at that as a possibility when The Old Reader was going to shut down. I got a prototype partially working too. I'll upgrade my server and take a look.
  10.    #70  
    New build with Feedly support is up at the top of the thread. Hopefully HP releases it to the app catalog in time for Christmas.

Merry Christmas everybody!
  11.    #71  
    I almost forgot - 2200 downloads as of today.
    Thanks so much.

It appears that the link to Spaz in post 1 is malformed, but I edited the link to have a look at Spaz.

One thing I've noticed is that the feeds tend to resort themselves. I guess it's silly to keep the webOS Nation feed - especially as it keeps jumping to second on the list, despite having no new stories... or maybe this is a feature? ;-)

Perhaps it defaults to the order of original subscription as The Old Reader is first - and updates here are rare.

Anyway, it's no biggie. Actually, I'm still on 0.9.3, so if this is fixed already, ignore me. Will install the update soon.

As you have reached version 1.0, I would like to review Feedspider on pivotCE in the new year if you feel it is ready.

Thanks again for the app. Merry Christmas.
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Thanks so much.

It appears that the link to Spaz in post 1 is malformed, but I edited the link to have a look at Spaz.
    Fixed!

One thing I've noticed is that the feeds tend to resort themselves. I guess it's silly to keep the webOS Nation feed - especially as it keeps jumping to second on the list, despite having no new stories... or maybe this is a feature? ;-)

Perhaps it defaults to the order of original subscription as The Old Reader is first - and updates here are rare.

Anyway, it's no biggie. Actually, I'm still on 0.9.3, so if this is fixed already, ignore me. Will install the update soon.
    Are you trying to sort inside folders? The Old Reader does support manual sort. It doesn't work within folders in FeedSpider, but I'm not sure if that's a problem on their end or my end.

As you have reached version 1.0, I would like to review Feedspider on pivotCE in the new year if you feel it is ready.

Thanks again for the app. Merry Christmas.
    Absolutely! I'd love to get the word out there once it hits the app catalog. Merry Christmas!
  14.    #74  
    One more new build: This one fixes an issue with Feedly login on 1.4.5. Apparently the JavaScript implementation on 1.4.5 parses dates differently than the later version. It was causing people to log in and get logged right back out.
  15.    #75  
    New Build (1.1.3) is up! This one adds support for Tiny Tiny RSS and fixes the problem that was causing the webOS built-in JSON parser to choke on some feeds by replacing it with a new JSON parser.

Hopefully this time, HP will release it on the app catalog before I have to cancel the submission and supersede it with a new build (again!),
    Thanks. I see @baldric555, one of the Project Macaw developers, is asking on Twitter which service works best with FeedSpider.

Now there are so many options, perhaps readers could post some opinions here?
  17.    #77  
    Feedspider is now available via Preware! Just add our repository at http://feedspider.net/packages
    Garfonso likes this.
  18.    #78  
    Thanks. I see @baldric555, one of the Project Macaw developers, is asking on Twitter which service works best with FeedSpider.

Now there are so many options, perhaps readers could post some opinions here?
    Feature-wise, InoReader best implements the Google Reader API, so is the most complete service. Personally, I use The Old Reader, but am thinking of switching over to TinyTiny RSS, because rolling my own server appeals to me. That way I'm not depending on anybody else to keep my RSS feeds flowing, especially after that scare with The Old Reader over the summer.
    Preemptive likes this.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Feature-wise, InoReader best implements the Google Reader API, so is the most complete service. Personally, I use The Old Reader, but am thinking of switching over to TinyTiny RSS, because rolling my own server appeals to me. That way I'm not depending on anybody else to keep my RSS feeds flowing, especially after that scare with The Old Reader over the summer.
    TinyTiny RSS (TTRSS) rocks. Have this on my domain. Really nice. Linuxq AKA Marcel Meissel has done a My EnyoJS based UI for tt-rss. Although the more readers, apps that can hook in to TTRSS the better
    Feedspider is now available via Preware! Just add our repository at Index of /packages
    Wondering why you use your own repository and not the Precentral one? If everyone uses their own repository for 1 app it will be difficult to keep track of it?
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast