Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Aressel View Post
    The plan is to ultimately support whatever is available. I took a look at the InoReader API, and it looks to be another Google Reader clone, so it *should* be relatively straightforward to add support.

I will tackle it first, as AOL reader is a little more involved, and I need to add support for multiple providers anyways, so this is a good way to do this. AOL reader will be next on the list, as I expect that I will need to add OAuth2 support for Feedly anyways.

Don't worry, I will add Feedly support as soon as I get access to their API. But I can't do anything until then, so stop asking! ;-)
    Oh no I know that... I meant for everyone to go and bug them.
    While an "offline mode" like this is certainly possible, it would require a significant re-architecting of the app. It is currently designed as an online Google Reader-type client, so there is no provision for local storage. I would like to add it someday, but that is way down the roadmap. If you need something right now for webOS that does not depend on a web service, then there are a number of apps available, such as Headlines2. Even Glimpse offers an RSS widget.

555 downloads as of today and new downloads keep trickling in.
    555! Looking good!

I can't find glimpse in the Hp or Preware catalogues. No touchpad, no Headlines2!

The rainmeter thing isn't offline - it just shows I think 8 or... adjust the script for a number... clickable headlines on the desktop. My point was that it doesn't seem to interface with a third party but do a simple format of the feed directly. My assumption is that it is therefore a basic reader rather than a front end.

I'm not arguing against such a feature, but maybe on a phone, a way of selecting (especially very graphical) articles that can be emailed or in some other way sent to something with a bigger screen would be an idea.

I like the convenience of feedspider, but as we know, the browser can have issues...

Ah, oneday, maybe, ISIS!
    I would love to support one of our own, and he says that he plans to have a Google Reader-compatable API available, so as soon as he does, I'll add support.
    The great thing about Fez Reader is that it will be googlereader API compatible AND you'll be able to host the service yourself so once you get it you don't have to rely on someone else's server.

Baldric

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    I can't find glimpse in the Hp or Preware catalogues. No touchpad, no Headlines2!
    Glimpse is for the Touchpad as well. Unfortunately, I don't know of any phone clients offhand

The rainmeter thing isn't offline - it just shows I think 8 or... adjust the script for a number... clickable headlines on the desktop. My point was that it doesn't seem to interface with a third party but do a simple format of the feed directly. My assumption is that it is therefore a basic reader rather than a front end.
    Sorry, wrong terminology. The way that FeedSpider is designed at the moment, Google Reader/The Old Reader/Feedly, etc. takes care of all of the heavy lifting, tracking your subscriptions, what you have read, etc. FeedSpider just sends commands and pulls down information.

In order to support this kind of thing, I would need to add a lot of that logic to the app directly. It would need to be intelligent enough to bring down and parse the raw feeds (there are 3 different RSS specs in use, plus ATOM, so it would need to support all of those), track what articles you have already downloaded, what you have marked read and unread, and ideally store all of the unread articles for offline reading.

It is definitely possible, but would require a lot of doing, so is further down the roadmap. I'd like to tackle some of the easier functionality first

Ah, oneday, maybe, ISIS!
    Hear! Hear!
    I came across this: Synology Inc. Online Community Forum • View topic - Tiny Tiny RSS feedback

I think getting the Synology makes ever more sense now for me...
  6.    #46  
    Version 0.8.5 is up! This build has the new icon, and new sharing options. The next version, 0.9.0, will add support for InoReader.
  7.    #47  
    Version 0.9.0 is up. I've re-worked the app's back-end to be able to support multiple services. First one is InoReader.

I have not posted this to the App Catalog yet. I had The Old Reader working before they started the "big move" and have not made any additional changes to those parts of the app, so I am 99% sure that it will continue to work.

For you brave souls who need to be on the bleeding edge, or need InoReader support, try out this build. For everybody else, I will test The Old Reader when it comes back up and post the new build to the app catalog when complete.
  8.    #48  
    I found a very minor bug last night that I need to fix, and then I'll upload the new version to the app catalog.
    Developer of FeedSpider - The best webOS newsreader, supporting AOL Reader, BazQux Reader, Feedly, InoReader, OwnCloud News, Tiny Tiny RSS, and The Old Reader, with more to come.
    bethel95 likes this.
    I never appreciate your work enough. Thank you very match!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Spanish translator of Outline Tracker, UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, and other MIA webOS apps. HP Pre 3 and HP TouchPad 64 GB (Español_España, es_es)
    Suggestion, can we add copy to clipboard? I don't use any of those sharing much, and would be nice to add Clipboard so I can paste things into MojoWhatsup. Right now my workaround is to share to an E-Mail or SMS then copy from there.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Simplified Chinese Pack For v0.9.0
    Code:
    {
      "#{app} is not installed": "#{app} 未安装",
      "#{app} is not installed. Would you like to install it?": "#{app} 未安装,您需要安装吗?",
      "Add Subscription": "添加订阅",
      "Add": "添加",
      "All": "全部",
      "All Accounts": "所有账户",
      "All Items": "所有条目",
      "Allow landscape": "允许横屏",
      "Article shared": "共享条文",
      "Article unshared": "未共享条文",
      "Articles": "条文设置",
      "by #{author}": "by #{author}",
      "by #{vendor}": "by #{vendor}",
      "Combine articles": "合并条文",
      "Dark Theme": "黑色主题",
      "Debug": "调试",
      "Debug Log": "调试日志",
      "Default Accounts": "默认账户",
      "Email": "邮件",
      "Facebook": "Facebook",
      "Feeds": "条目设置",
      "Folders": "目录设置",
      "General": "常规设置",
      "Glimpse": "Glimpse",
      "Go back after mark all read": "全部标记为已读后返回",
      "Google": "Google",
      "Grey Theme": "灰色主题",
      "Help": "帮助",
      "Hide read articles": "隐藏已读条文",
      "Hide read feeds": "隐藏已读条目",
      "InoReader": "InoReader",
      "Large Font": "大字体",
      "Light Theme": "明亮主题",
      "Loading More Articles...": "加载更多条目...",
      "logging in...": "登录中...",
      "Login failed. Try again.": "登录失败,请重试.",
      "Login": "登录",
      "Logout": "注销",
      "Mark read as you scroll": "滚动后标记为已读",
      "Medium Font": "中字体",
      "No": "否",
      "Password": "密码",
      "Preferences": "设置",
      "Project Macaw": "Project Macaw",
      "Quick Post": "Quick Post",
      "Read Later": "稍后阅读",
      "Reader": "阅读器",
      "Relego": "Relego",
      "Share": "共享",
      "Shared": "共享条目",
      "Sharing Not Available": "分享不可用",
      "Small Font": "小字体",
      "SMS": "短信",
      "Sort alphabetically": "按字母顺序排序",
      "Sort manually": "手动排序",
      "Sort newest first": "按最近日期排序",
      "Sort oldest first": "按最早日期排序",
      "Spare Time": "Spare Time",
      "Spaz": "Spaz",
      "Starred": "加星标条目",
      "Starring Not Available": "加星不可用",
      "Subscriptions": "订阅条目",
      "The Old Reader": "The Old Reader",
      "Twitter": "Twitter",
      "Unable to add subscription": "无法添加订阅",
      "Unshare": "不共享",
      "URL": "链接",
      "Yes": "是",

"5 Minutes": "5 分钟",
      "15 Minutes": "15 分钟",
      "30 Minutes": "30 分钟",
      "1 Hour": "1 小时",
      "4 Hours": "4 小时",
      "8 Hours": "8 小时",
      "Any feed": "任何条目",
      "Cancel": "取消",
      "New Articles": "新条文",
      "No articles were found": "没有发现条文",
      "Notifications": "通知设置",
      "Off": "关",
      "Search for \"#{query}\"": "搜索 \"#{query}\"",
      "Search": "搜索",
      "Search...": "搜索...",
      "Select Feeds": "选择条目",
      "Select feeds to watch": "选择条目阅读",
      "Selected feeds": "选择过的条目",
      "Show read articles": "显示已读条文",
      "Show read feeds": "显示已读条目",
      "You have new articles to read": "你有未读新条文",
      "Landscape gesture scrolling": "横屏时使用手势区滚动",

"URL or query": "链接或查询",
      "Subscription added": "添加订阅",
      "No subscriptions found": "没有找到订阅",
      "Configure Sharing": "共享设置",
      "Save": "保存",
      "Username": "用户名",
      "Configure...": "设置...",
      "Article saved to Instapaper": "将文章保存到 Instapaper",
      "Unable to save article": "文章无法保存",
    }
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Suggestion, can we add copy to clipboard? I don't use any of those sharing much, and would be nice to add Clipboard so I can paste things into MojoWhatsup. Right now my workaround is to share to an E-Mail or SMS then copy from there.
    I'll put it on the list!
  13.    #53  
    Version 0.9.1 is up! It fixes the bug that I was running into, and should be out via the app catalog sometime this week.
  14.    #54  
    Looks like 0.9.1 hit the app catalog this afternoon. Enjoy!
    Developer of FeedSpider - The best webOS newsreader, supporting AOL Reader, BazQux Reader, Feedly, InoReader, OwnCloud News, Tiny Tiny RSS, and The Old Reader, with more to come.
  15.    #55  
    So, I'm back from vacation, and with that I bring you a new version of FeedSpider!

Version 0.9.2 is up and will be available from the app catalog *soon*. This version is primarily a bugfix version, dealing with an issue with the new style API that would prevent feed names from being displayed in articles and in "all feeds" view.

That being said, I couldn't give you a new release without *any* new features!

I've added (experimental) support for Simplified Chinese using konglang_616's translation. I had to fill in a couple of the gaps myself (thanks too Google Translate), so I'm sorry if there are any mistranslations. Please send me any corrections, and I will add them to the next version.

And, per ToniCipriani's request, I've added support for copying the feed URL to the clipboard.

Enjoy!

*EDIT*: Forgot to add, we're approaching 1000 downloads!
    First: Fantastic job! I died a little on the inside when Google closed down their servicee, and FeedSpider came along and saved me.

I'm using v9.02 with The Old Reader feeds, and more times than not, I can't view the individual feeds. I get the feed list just fine, but when I open a feed, the progress circle just spins for a when and is then replaced with a yellow warning triangle.
  17.    #57  
    Thanks for the kind words! According to http://status.theoldreader.com/, the servers are a bit slow right now, so that is probably causing the timeout errors that you are seeing.

We will just have to wait for them to get all of the kinks worked out.
    Can we add this to the future feature list? I don't think TOR is getting any better lately even after the server move.

Overview | feedly Cloud API v3
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    cbosdell likes this.
    Yeah I saw that on Engadget earlier

Feedly embraces app development by opening up API to all

Look's like feedly is finally opening up their API

This app is great as is regardless, looking forward to seeing what you have in store.
    cbosdell likes this.
  20.    #60  
    I saw the news :-)

This project has been on the back burner for a while since real life has taken over for a bit (as it does). I am actively working on it again, and the plan is still to add AOL Reader support first, as I need to integrate OAuth2 support into the app, then Feedly as they have tweaked the API a bit from the Google "standard".
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast