Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 300
Like Tree20Likes
  1.    #121  
    Just pushed 0.7.0 out, its still rough from the edges as said, but expect lots of small 0.7.x releases in the following days. Remember to update the server app if you are using it.

    I hope to get the server app into npm repository once 0.8.0 version is ready so installing / updating it would get lot easier.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  2.    #122  
    I have thought about the playlist control part of Home Control and here is my current general plan for music players (this should be already implemented in next release for MPD). Please comment if you think I am missing something.

    So the plan is that the middle list area can be toggled between queue/playlists/search view. The queue view shows the current queue from which you can pick a song to be played right away or to be removed from the queue. The playlist shows your playlists from where you can pick one to be played or to added to queue. Then in the upper right corner you will have search and when searched the search view is shown with the matches. At least for now I am leaving out the full view of music library since don't think anybody wants to go through the whole list in mobile phone, the search should give means to find the wanted songs.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  3. #123  
    Sounds good, do you have any plans to add a search feature to the video controllers such as VLC at any point?

    Also I'm having issues getting server 0.7.0 to run, it throws up this error when run with node.jsjsjs $0$.$5$.$0$:

    Home Control server: starting
    Loading TouchPad Cam module: Surveillance
    Loading Media Center module: Front Row

    events.jsjsjs:$45$
    throw arguments[1]; // Unhandled 'error' event
    ^
    Error: ENOTFOUND, Domain name not found
    at IOWatcher.callback (dns_legacy.jsjsjs:$74$:$15$)

    I also tried it with 0.5.4 and 0.6.3 but they threw up the same error that they did with previous server versions. OSX here, in case it's relevant.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
  4.    #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Sounds good, do you have any plans to add a search feature to the video controllers such as VLC at any point?

    Also I'm having issues getting server 0.7.0 to run, it throws up this error when run with node.jsjsjs $0$.$5$.$0$:

    Home Control server: starting
    Loading TouchPad Cam module: Surveillance
    Loading Media Center module: Front Row

    events.jsjsjs:$45$
    throw arguments[1]; // Unhandled 'error' event
    ^
    Error: ENOTFOUND, Domain name not found
    at IOWatcher.callback (dns_legacy.jsjsjs:$74$:$15$)

    I also tried it with 0.5.4 and 0.6.3 but they threw up the same error that they did with previous server versions. OSX here, in case it's relevant.
    Sure the same or at least somewhat same features are coming for video players etc. as well, I am just starting from music players.

    Ah there is a bug in the x11 library, forgot to re-test on osx after switching from xdotool to that. Will fix and release 0.7.1, most likely tomorrow and maybe with the extended MPD support already.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  5. #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The readme with the server should tell, so you only need to run the server app on the directory by typing: node hc-server.jsjsjs

    I will need to make some kind of application package soon, and update the wiki with the info in the README. Should be able to do this during next week to get thing bit more closer to public feed status.
    This thread very exciting to make webOS TouchPad more useful, thanks for your efforts.

    Using 0.7 server version and node 0.4.11, looks like I got things running on server (see bottom of post for messages).
    But itunes on TouchPad app running on same local wifi is reporting ERROR. Is this a firewall issue and if so, what are the firewall settings for Macbook? I noticed in the FireWall settings, I was able to add exceptions for applications running on the same firewall (splashtop remote streamer, itunes remote helper). Perhaps I need to wait for this to be turned into an application?


    ps. if this helps anyone, for node jsjsjs $installation$ $on$ $a$ $macbook$, $I$ $downloaded$ $installer$ $from$ $here$
    https://sites.google.com/site/nodejsmacosx/
    And then I created a .bash_profile and put this line below inside it:
    export PATH=$HOME/local/bin:/usr/local/git:$PATH

    **
    Home Control server: starting
    Loading TouchPad Cam module: Surveillance
    Loading Video Player module: QuickTime
    Loading Music Player module: iTunes
    Loading Media Center module: Front Row
    Loading System Sound module: Mac OS X
  6.    #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    This thread very exciting to make webOS TouchPad more useful, thanks for your efforts.

    Using 0.7 server version and node 0.4.11, looks like I got things running on server (see bottom of post for messages).
    But itunes on TouchPad app running on same local wifi is reporting ERROR. Is this a firewall issue and if so, what are the firewall settings for Macbook? I noticed in the FireWall settings, I was able to add exceptions for applications running on the same firewall (splashtop remote streamer, itunes remote helper). Perhaps I need to wait for this to be turned into an application?


    ps. if this helps anyone, for node jsjsjs $installation$ $on$ $a$ $macbook$, $I$ $downloaded$ $installer$ $from$ $here$
    https://sites.google.com/site/nodejsmacosx/
    And then I created a .bash_profile and put this line below inside it:
    export PATH=$HOME/local/bin:/usr/local/git:$PATH

    **
    Home Control server: starting
    Loading TouchPad Cam module: Surveillance
    Loading Video Player module: QuickTime
    Loading Music Player module: iTunes
    Loading Media Center module: Front Row
    Loading System Sound module: Mac OS X
    Since you have server running and if you added the itunes controller by using your computers IP address and port 3000 (i.e. <ip>:3000) as the server address and its not showing online then its most likely a firewall problem. Not sure what you mean by waiting for convertion to application, it is already a node.jsjsjs $application$. $Just$ $open$ $that$ $port$ ($3000$) $to$ $your$ $LAN$ $then$ $it$ $should$ $work$.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  7.    #127  
    Version 0.7.1 should show up any minute now or at least in 30 minutes

    Again remember to update the server app as well, notice that the installation is changed! Its no longer available from my site, instead you can install it just typing: npm install hc-server

    Then enter the node_modules/hc-server dir and run: node hc-server.jsjsjs

    Let me know if any problems, the wiki has been updated to reflect this change.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  8.    #128  
    I hope the new MPD features are working, the next release is already coming tomorrow that brings the same features for itunes, so stay tuned...
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  9. #129  
    I still can't type 'iTunes' loving the development speed though, good work!
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
  10.    #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    I still can't type 'iTunes' loving the development speed though, good work!
    Jeah its the stupid automatic text input mode, so its kind a bug in enyo more than in HC Anyway need to address it at some point, but not on top of my list of things to fix. There should be release per day for this week, definitely want to get 1.0.0 out before the Christmas holidays
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  11. #131  
    Most excellent incidentally, I'm having an issue installing hc-server. npm just sits there and doesn't do anything when i type 'npm install hc-server' and typing 'npm install' makes it spit this out:

    rror: ENOENT, No such file or directory '/Users/josh/package.json'

    Halp?
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
  12.    #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Most excellent incidentally, I'm having an issue installing hc-server. npm just sits there and doesn't do anything when i type 'npm install hc-server' and typing 'npm install' makes it spit this out:

    rror: ENOENT, No such file or directory '/Users/josh/package.json'

    Halp?
    Not an npm expert, but first check that you have latest version of the npm. Then you could try install it globally (npm install hc-server -g) to see if that works. Not sure where it installs then, but I am sure you can find that info somewhere.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  13. #133  
    It looks like it was an issue caused by jumping between different versions of node. I have to run it via '/usr/local/bin/npm' now, if i try just 'npm' it gives me 'cannot find /usr/bin/npm'. It's running though :P

    Sadly the mouse control under OSX doesn't work, neither does typing. The server seems to register the input (it pops up a bunch of 'executing input command: mouse' entries, but does nothing). It looks like it's crashing after about 8 entries, nothing further is displayed in the server and none of my media player controls work.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
  14.    #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    It looks like it was an issue caused by jumping between different versions of node. I have to run it via '/usr/local/bin/npm' now, if i try just 'npm' it gives me 'cannot find /usr/bin/npm'. It's running though :P

    Sadly the mouse control under OSX doesn't work, neither does typing. The server seems to register the input (it pops up a bunch of 'executing input command: mouse' entries, but does nothing). It looks like it's crashing after about 8 entries, nothing further is displayed in the server and none of my media player controls work.
    Yes the mouse control (and keyboard since I did not even start it yet) is still unfinished for OS X. The mouse worked somehow (need to have the XTool installed) but I was not happy with the performance so I am going to try something different when I get back to that.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  15. #135  
    shifty-what were the steps you used to get it through your firewall on the mac?
    thanks!
  16. #136  
    I don't run a firewall, but if I turn it on and run 'node hc-server' from the relevant directory then OSX just asks me if I want node to be allowed a connection and I click 'Allow'. Sorted. I'm running 10.7 Lion, by the way.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
  17. #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    I don't run a firewall, but if I turn it on and run 'node hc-server' from the relevant directory then OSX just asks me if I want node to be allowed a connection and I click 'Allow'. Sorted. I'm running 10.7 Lion, by the way.
    When I turn off firewall, I get OFFLINE for the app.

    I'm using the IP address identified in preferences, network, AirportExpress (, the same address identified as ipv4 in TCP/IP and the same IP address that Splashtop identifies as wifi), does that make sense?

    Are there any services you have enabled under sharing?

    I did not need password for Splashtop under local wifi but I wonder if I need password for this.

    Edit: Solved by inputting password


    Looks great, was able to play and pause. The key thing I do is rewind a few minutes and fast forward a few minutes--looking forward to that feature.

    Edit 2: installed 0.71 version. Added Quicktime works fine, iTunes continues to work fine, tried VLC and got OFFLINE message. Perhaps I should quit while I am ahead...
    Last edited by bluenote; 11/28/2011 at 06:36 PM.
  18. #138  
    When running hc-server-0.7.1 on my fileserver (no X11 at all available), it fails like this:
    Code:
    elias@homeserver node_modules % node hc-server/hc-server.jsjsjs
    $Home$ $Control$ $server$: $starting$
    $The$ &$quot$;$sys$&$quot$; $module$ $is$ $now$ $called$ &$quot$;$util$&$quot$;. $It$ $should$ $have$ $a$ $similar$ $interface$.
    $Loading$ $TouchPad$ $Cam$ $module$: $Surveillance$
    
    $net$.$js$:$432$
      $var$ $writeReq$ = $this$.$_handle$.$write$($data$);
                                  ^
    $TypeError$: $Cannot$ $call$ $method$ '$write$' $of$ $null$
        $at$ $Socket$.$_write$ ($net$.$js$:$432$:$31$)
        $at$ $Socket$.$write$ ($net$.$js$:$424$:$15$)
        $at$ $UnpackStream$.&$lt$;$anonymous$&$gt$; (/$home$/$elias$/$node_modules$/$hc$-$server$/$lib$/$x11$-$pre$-$release$/$lib$/$x11$/$xcore$.$js$:$49$:$16$)
        $at$ $UnpackStream$.$emit$ ($events$.$js$:$67$:$17$)
        $at$ $UnpackStream$.$flush$ (/$home$/$elias$/$node_modules$/$hc$-$server$/$lib$/$x11$-$pre$-$release$/$lib$/$x11$/$unpackstream$.$js$:$301$:$15$)
        $at$ /$home$/$elias$/$node_modules$/$hc$-$server$/$lib$/$x11$-$pre$-$release$/$lib$/$x11$/$handshake$.$js$:$201$:$16$
        $at$ /$home$/$elias$/$node_modules$/$hc$-$server$/$lib$/$x11$-$pre$-$release$/$lib$/$x11$/$auth$.$js$:$76$:$17$
        $at$ [$object$ $Object$].&$lt$;$anonymous$&$gt$; ($fs$.$js$:$88$:$5$)
        $at$ [$object$ $Object$].$emit$ ($events$.$js$:$67$:$17$)
        $at$ $Object$.$oncomplete$ ($fs$.$js$:$1058$:$12$)
    After disabling the 'sys-input' module it started just fine.
  19. #139  
    Just found another issue:
    PulseAudio control silently fails as 'bc' isn't installed.

    I'm just trying to come up with a better way to calculate the values without using 'bc'.
  20. #140  
    VLC and OSX Input always show offline for me, but they work just fine. I figure since the VLC module doesn't use the server it doesn't have an offline message. Dunno about input though.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions