Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by migu_be View Post
    Hi Sconix,

THIS sounds interesting

Some Questions:
    - Is the Webos part customizable ? e.g. if we add new server components in Node.jsjsjs $server$ $part$, $can$ $we$ $customize$ ?
    - Does the Webos part run on chrome (dev mode) ? 'd like to run it on my Windows Touchscreen too :-p (maybe even Android phone later...)

Some thoughts:
    - Would need to be able to start other Webos apps from the screen or after launching an action. e.g. Turn X on, then launch Bhome
    - Would need to be able to relay simple HTTP request to other servers already existing and get the answer back. (.e.g ig you have a Wake on lan cgi on 192.1.1.1/wol.cgi, you should be able to define a new activity WOL that will be defined on node.jsjsjs, $I$ $guess$

My setup:
    -Currently Openwrt (on a Linksys 54GL) + Serial to X10 interface: CM11 with heyu
    hosting small webserver + CGI to run heyu commands (on/off , dim, ...)
    - Synology NAS (where I intend to try node.jsjsjs $later$ $on$)
    - Roku Soundbridge, that can be turned on via Roku RCP or telnet or http, and contrallable via UPNP
    - WDTV live, contrallable via UPNP
    - Philips LCD TV, controllable via special jointspace app (availalbe on android, ip*, ...) (using directFB)
    - 1-wire, unused for temp, but having an alarm controlled via Http on a PIC
    - other

So, tell me, should I deepen my self in Node.jsjsjs, $will$ $I$ $be$ $able$ $to$ $run$ $e$.$g$ $the$ $X10$ $part$ $here$
    tx!
    Well not sure what you mean by the is the webos side customizable. When 1.0 is ready the client app can adapt to newly added modules to the server side without any code changes needed on client if the API that is currently available is enough. I.e. if you add new music player app support into the server it wont need client side changes the app will pick that up. If module wont provide for example repeat control then the client app will hide that control so its dynamic until certain point. The client app code is also quite modular so one can write new extension for something complete different. So in short I try to make the client side modules generic for certain purpose for which then server side support can be extended easily without client side code changes. So those who know can even add stuff for the open sourced server code for others to use.

About the chrome thing, I don't know I do all my development on device/emulator. I think it should work, after all this app wont use any special API's afaikafaikafaik, $and$ $is$ $App$ $Catalog$ $friendly$ ($i$.$e$. $this$ $should$ $make$ $it$ $into$ $the$ $App$ $Catalog$ $on$ $next$ $month$ $hopefully$ $once$ $I$ $get$ $to$ $1$.$0$ $version$).

About the other questions I can't say for sure at this point. For example X10 is something that I tend to look at as well, and I am sure there is some way to control those as well through the node.jsjsjs $component$. $Anyway$ $you$ $should$ $deepen$ $yourself$ $in$ $node$.$js$ $its$ $awesome$
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Thanks
    Used VLC instructions from wiki and have fully working Vlc control on mac os x. Now - itunes and vlc are working for mac. Looking forward for playlist control. Thanks so much. Brilliant app.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    b4 I compile node.jsjsjs $on$ $the$ $synology$, $tried$ $it$ $under$ $windows$, $but$ $get$
    <code>
    C:\Temp\!PALM\node.jsjsjs $homecontrol$\$hc$-$server$&$gt$;$node$ $hc$-$server$.$js$

node.jsjsjs:$201$
    throw e; // process.nextTick error, or 'error' event on first tick
    ^
    Error: require.paths is removed. Use node_modules folders, or the NODE_PATH environment variable instead.
    at Function.<anonymous> (module.jsjsjs:$376$:$11$)
    at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Temp\!PALM\node.jsjsjs $homecontrol$\$hc$-$server$\$node_modules$\$express$\$index$.$js$:$4$:$21$)
    at Module._compile (module.jsjsjs:$432$:$26$)
    at Object..jsjsjs ($module$.$js$:$450$:$10$)
    at Module.load (module.jsjsjs:$351$:$31$)
    at Function._load (module.jsjsjs:$310$:$12$)
    at Module.require (module.jsjsjs:$357$:$17$)
    at require (module.jsjsjs:$368$:$17$)
    at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Temp\!PALM\node.jsjsjs $homecontrol$\$hc$-$server$\$hc$-$server$.$js$:$1$:$77$)
    </code>
  5.    #105  
    b4 I compile node.jsjsjs $on$ $the$ $synology$, $tried$ $it$ $under$ $windows$, $but$ $get$
    <code>
    C:\Temp\!PALM\node.jsjsjs $homecontrol$\$hc$-$server$&$gt$;$node$ $hc$-$server$.$js$

^
    Error: require.paths is removed. Use node_modules folders, or the NODE_PATH environment variable instead.
    at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Temp\!PALM\node.jsjsjs $homecontrol$\$hc$-$server$\$node_modules$\$express$\$index$.$js$:$4$:$21$)
    at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Temp\!PALM\node.jsjsjs $homecontrol$\$hc$-$server$\$hc$-$server$.$js$:$1$:$77$)
    </code>
    I don't know why the bundled in express is causing problems with the latest node version, I haven't had time to look into that yet. You can just delete the bundled express from the node_modules folder and install it system wide with the npm.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    When playing a stream in MPD, the current track is just shown as "undefined".
  7.    #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by eliasp View Post
    When playing a stream in MPD, the current track is just shown as "undefined".
    I haven't checked all the cases yet, this kind of things will slowly be added. When playing a stream the metadata naturally isn't there so I need to add all sorts of fallbacks so that the "track" gets some name. But all this will come, but thanks for letting me know about this scenario.
    Sconix,

I have noticed that in the VLC control on linux when you mute (a video) it work, but, when you unmute you have to tick the volume bar up for the sound to come back on....Can you reproduce, I will test more like playing music etc...

Thanks,
    I have it working with node .6.1 and the current express, Boxee, VLC, MPD, Mouse Control working, issues w/ totem and rhythmbox under 11.10 ubuntu...

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
  9.    #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    Sconix,

I have noticed that in the VLC control on linux when you mute (a video) it work, but, when you unmute you have to tick the volume bar up for the sound to come back on....Can you reproduce, I will test more like playing music etc...

Thanks,
    I have it working with node .6.1 and the current express, Boxee, VLC, MPD, Mouse Control working, issues w/ totem and rhythmbox under 11.10 ubuntu...

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    I will check the VLC once I start to add the playlist stuff during this week. That Ubuntu version has bugs with rhythmbox/totem that are preventing the controlling to work, at least something like that was reported here.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    Sconix,

same here on two ubuntu oneiric notebooks.

Computer Input works nice.

Didn't have any problems with nodeexpress here. Unpacked the server and it just worked. (except that the server.jsjsjs $was$ $renamed$ $to$ $hc$-$server$.$js$ $and$ $the$ $readme$ $still$ $points$ $to$ $server$.$js$ )
    Touchpad 32GB and Veer | my app MySongBook | my Dark Glass Theme | apps involved in: OrganizeMe!, ReadOnTouch
  11.    #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by michote View Post
    same here on two ubuntu oneiric notebooks.

Computer Input works nice.

Didn't have any problems with nodeexpress here. Unpacked the server and it just worked. (except that the server.jsjsjs $was$ $renamed$ $to$ $hc$-$server$.$js$ $and$ $the$ $readme$ $still$ $points$ $to$ $server$.$js$ )
    Ah forgot that I will need to fix that... The problem with express comes with certain version of node.jsjsjs, $I$ $will$ $have$ $to$ $look$ $into$ $it$ $as$ $well$ $since$ $I$ $want$ $this$ $to$ $work$ $out$ $of$ $the$ $box$ $on$ $all$ $node$.$js$ $versions$. $But$ $that$ $problem$ $should$ $get$ $removed$ $once$ $I$ $get$ $the$ $server$ $into$ $the$ $npm$ $repository$ $so$ $one$ $can$ $install$ $it$ $easily$ $with$ $the$ $npm$.
  12.    #112  
    I have started slowly to update upcoming stuff into the wiki, so if you are interested what 0.6.x->0.7.0 will bring go check it out. I keep updating it once I get something done, and once I get something finished I do releases on the way. Also additional features coming for the already existing stuff.

The 0.7.0 version has support for mouse/kdb, quicktime, itunes, front row, system volume for Mac OS X, these will be the final OS X supported stuff for first public (1.0.0) release. So no more additions before that, but of course these supported controls might get extra features on the way.
    Last edited by sconix; 11/22/2011 at 01:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I don't know why the bundled in express is causing problems with the latest node version, I haven't had time to look into that yet. You can just delete the bundled express from the node_modules folder and install it system wide with the npm.
    tried http://www.hacksparrow.com/install-n...n-windows.html
    and some copy paste to the express dir.
    now get further with

^
    at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Temp\!PALM\node.jsjsjs $homecontrol$\$hc$-$server$\$node_modules$\$connect$\$index$.$js$:$4$:$21$)
    at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Temp\!PALM\node.jsjsjs $homecontrol$\$hc$-$server$\$node_modules$\$express$\$lib$\$express$.$js$:$12$:$15$)

some googling give something about deprecated node_path.

going to sleep now
    ttyl
  14.    #114  
    tried http://www.hacksparrow.com/install-n...n-windows.html
    and some copy paste to the express dir.
    now get further with

^
    at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Temp\!PALM\node.jsjsjs $homecontrol$\$hc$-$server$\$node_modules$\$connect$\$index$.$js$:$4$:$21$)
    at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Temp\!PALM\node.jsjsjs $homecontrol$\$hc$-$server$\$node_modules$\$express$\$lib$\$express$.$js$:$12$:$15$)

some googling give something about deprecated node_path.

going to sleep now
    ttyl
    Can't say about node.jsjsjs $and$ $windows$ $yet$, $but$ $what$ $I$ $can$ $say$ $is$ $that$ $I$ $am$ $going$ $to$ $try$ $it$ $during$ $this$ $week$ $and$ $after$ $that$ $I$ $know$ $more$

Also the upcoming 0.7.0 version will have much more matured server / client, which means that the extensions already can adapt to new server modules automatically etc. The only thing missing from 0.7.0 is still the server letting client know what modules are loaded. This will come in 0.8.0 which should be already pretty close to 1.0.0 version in terms of API between client & server, only missing some features.
    A question to features... I would like to look into this to create a remote control for my dvbviewer based home theatre PC. But I don't want to have number buttons and scroll through lists and so on...
    So my intention is to have lists (like for example for the channel list) that are searchable by just typing. So to switch a channel you won't type the number with the touchscreen but the start the name with the keyboard. And maybe similar for movies and so on.

Would this be possible to implement with homecontrol?

Sorry if this info is somewhere already... but I haven't seen something similar in the available modules, yet.
  16.    #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    A question to features... I would like to look into this to create a remote control for my dvbviewer based home theatre PC. But I don't want to have number buttons and scroll through lists and so on...
    So my intention is to have lists (like for example for the channel list) that are searchable by just typing. So to switch a channel you won't type the number with the touchscreen but the start the name with the keyboard. And maybe similar for movies and so on.

Would this be possible to implement with homecontrol?

Sorry if this info is somewhere already... but I haven't seen something similar in the available modules, yet.
    Sure it possible, the way how HC is implemented is that if you can cope with what is offered by the UI extension (i.e. for example Music Player extension) then its only needed that you write a server side module, but if you need something special for the UI (at least for now such controls you describe are not provided by any extension) you need to also write an UI extension.

So HC is designed to be very modular, i.e. one can add support for new music player app just by implementing the server side and the client side supports the app automatically after that. The current version is not very clear yet how all that works, so if you plan to look into writing your own stuff then wait for 0.7 which should be out this weekend. For that I have made full code cleanup and only thing missing is the server telling client what modules it has (currently static info).
  17.    #117  
    I need a volunteer, or more precisely a OS X user who wants to test the mouse control so that I know if its any good, i.e. do I need to try something else. If somebody wants to help me to test a early 0.7.0 version please let me know by sending me an email to scorpio.iix at gmail.com. I will get back to you tomorrow with something to test, no time to go to sleep.
    The mouse-control-page in fullscreen would be cool ...
  19.    #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by groogh View Post
    The mouse-control-page in fullscreen would be cool ...
    I have plans for some sort of fullscreen options for some features, but they are most likely post 1.0.0 features.
  20.    #120  
    I will push 0.7.0 out in couple of hours, it does not have all the new features finalized yet (most should be though), but what it has is the code cleanup (specially for server side) done. I am releasing it so that I can start again making smaller releases right a way once one feature gets finished. After all this is still beta version and I want to get to 1.0 as fast I can.

This version won't need the xdotool anymore for Linux mouse/kbd control, instead it uses node.jsjsjs $x11$ $library$. $In$ $theory$ $the$ $mouse$/$kbd$ $control$ $should$ $work$ $in$ $OS$ $X$/$Windows$ $as$ $well$ $if$ $X11$ $is$ $installed$ ($cygwin$ $for$ $example$), $but$ $I$ $haven$'$t$ $tested$ $that$. $The$ $0$.$7$.$0$ $has$ $native$ $mouse$/$kbd$ $control$ $for$ $OS$ $X$, $but$ $it$ $is$ $far$ $from$ $being$ $as$ $good$ $as$ $the$ $Linux$/$X11$ $control$ $method$.

From 0.7.0 onwards please let me know if you counter some bugs / problems so I can do bug fix release asap.
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast