Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by groogh View Post
    Same error here, reinstalling express helps. If it won't start anyway, delete "itunes" in the modules array ... I think it's because I'm using Linux^^

But VLC, Mouse and Keyboard won't work ...
    The iTunes stuff is not loaded on Linux, for others read the readme, you need xdotool for mouse/kbd and in vlc ebable Lua interface. Then they will work.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    ShiftyAxel likes this.
    Thanks for the update!
    Just to report: same error here (Ubuntu Natty with Unity). But "downgrade" to node Version 0.5.0, fixed this.
    Mouse and Keyboard control works smooth after installing xdotool.
    Last edited by sideshowbob84; 11/19/2011 at 07:02 AM.
    Ready to test itunes with Mac osx.

For the server:
    I now have a unzipped HC folder sitting in my downloads directory.
    I downloaded nodejs from here: https://sites.google.com/site/nodejsmacosx/
    and installed it my applications directory.
    What are the next steps to have the server run?

For the app on the TouchPad:
    I picked itunes and gave it the local wifi address of the pc
    Confirm that iTunes controls work but only play/pause. Next don't work yet. Will report later. Great app. Thanks so much

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Can I get VLC control on mac? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The iTunes stuff is not loaded on Linux, for others read the readme, you need xdotool for mouse/kbd and in vlc ebable Lua interface. Then they will work.
    Lua is enabled, the App shows "ERROR" ...
  7.    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by dserazetdinov View Post
    Can I get VLC control on mac? Thanks

VLC control works on all OS's already, its not OS specific.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  8.    #88  
    Lua is enabled, the App shows "ERROR" ...
    See the readme, can you try the starting command specified there? I am not sure if you need to enable something else when enabling from configuration. I try to get all this stuff into the wiki soon, i.e. the stuff that is needed on the apps side.
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by dserazetdinov View Post
    Confirm that iTunes controls work but only play/pause. Next don't work yet. Will report later. Great app. Thanks so much

I did not test next/pres so will have to test and fix for next releases. There will be couple bug fix releases coming and after that I start adding the playlist control stuff etc. for the supported extensions and maybe add few new ones.
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Ready to test itunes with Mac osx.

For the server:
    I now have a unzipped HC folder sitting in my downloads directory.
    I downloaded nodejs from here: https://sites.google.com/site/nodejsmacosx/
    and installed it my applications directory.
    What are the next steps to have the server run?

For the app on the TouchPad:
    I picked itunes and gave it the local wifi address of the pc
    The readme with the server should tell, so you only need to run the server app on the directory by typing: node hc-server.jsjsjs

I will need to make some kind of application package soon, and update the wiki with the info in the README. Should be able to do this during next week to get thing bit more closer to public feed status.
    Edit: Nevermind.

I tried it with the command, but still nothing. It read 'OFFLINE' in the home control app. Which port should be used for vlc?
    Last edited by ShiftyAxel; 11/19/2011 at 07:53 PM.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    See the readme, can you try the starting command specified there? I am not sure if you need to enable something else when enabling from configuration. I try to get all this stuff into the wiki soon, i.e. the stuff that is needed on the apps side.
    I've tried it, tomorrow I will try to activate some other plugins in VLC ...
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Edit: Nevermind.

I tried it with the command, but still nothing. It read 'OFFLINE' in the home control app. Which port should be used for vlc?
    I've tried it, tomorrow I will try to activate some other plugins in VLC ...
    I have only tried the VLC in Linux, but it should work the same in all OS's. I haven't tried to enable the interface through the preferences yet only through command line parameters. I guess you can define the port by yourself in VLC, but default is 8080 I think. Once I get to test how to configure via the preferences I will add the info in the wiki.
  14.    #94  
    I just added the info about using HC to control VLC into the wiki. Works on all operating systems running VLC.
  15.    #95  
    MAC users please tell me what other apps you would like to control in addition to iTunes / VLC. I don't know what apps are popular since I am not a OS X user myself.
    Wicked, I'll be sure to take a look. And perhaps Quicktime? VLC and iTunes pretty much do everything i need from a media standpoint though
  17.    #97  
    The next version bump (0.7.0) brings an exhibition mode and security cam feature, with the latter you can set your TouchPad act as an cheap security cam when you are away You can configure it to take snapshots with the front facing camera when on charger with certain interval and it will report you (via email or directly to you phone if running HC there) if motion (noticeable change) between the images is detected. The alert will contain the latest captured image and it can be viewed in Home Control running on your mobile. This feature will be extended to support webcams on your computer as well (at least for linux) at some point so you can get notifications from those as well.

Version 0.7.0 should also bring support quicktime for OS X. and hopefully also support for winamp for Windows. And depending on dkirker1 timetable, maybe the UPNP control also makes it for this release. He is doing awesome job with the UPNP stuff so be sure to thank him!

It'll be at least week before 0.7.0 is fully ready and there will be most likely couple 0.6.x release on the way with playlist support added to some of the supported modules and bug fixes etc.
    Last edited by sconix; 11/20/2011 at 04:40 PM.
    Got VLC working successfully, good stuff I found another small 'bug'- you can't enter 'iTunes' in a name, it always auto-capitalizes it to ITunes. Not a huge deal, but I thought i'd mention it.
    This app is in beta phase.
    Hi Sconix,

THIS sounds interesting

Some Questions:
    - Is the Webos part customizable ? e.g. if we add new server components in Node.jsjsjs $server$ $part$, $can$ $we$ $customize$ ?
    - Does the Webos part run on chrome (dev mode) ? 'd like to run it on my Windows Touchscreen too :-p (maybe even Android phone later...)

Some thoughts:
    - Would need to be able to start other Webos apps from the screen or after launching an action. e.g. Turn X on, then launch Bhome
    - Would need to be able to relay simple HTTP request to other servers already existing and get the answer back. (.e.g ig you have a Wake on lan cgi on 192.1.1.1/wol.cgi, you should be able to define a new activity WOL that will be defined on node.jsjsjs, $I$ $guess$

My setup:
    -Currently Openwrt (on a Linksys 54GL) + Serial to X10 interface: CM11 with heyu
    hosting small webserver + CGI to run heyu commands (on/off , dim, ...)
    - Synology NAS (where I intend to try node.jsjsjs $later$ $on$)
    - Roku Soundbridge, that can be turned on via Roku RCP or telnet or http, and contrallable via UPNP
    - WDTV live, contrallable via UPNP
    - Philips LCD TV, controllable via special jointspace app (availalbe on android, ip*, ...) (using directFB)
    - 1-wire, unused for temp, but having an alarm controlled via Http on a PIC
    - other

So, tell me, should I deepen my self in Node.jsjsjs, $will$ $I$ $be$ $able$ $to$ $run$ $e$.$g$ $the$ $X10$ $part$ $here$
    tx!
    Just wanted to report that UPnP media control support is coming along.

I expect this will work with things like SONOS. It will support play/pause/next/last/volume and such initially. Eventually support for things like choosing a media source will arrive.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast