Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
    Hi,
    thanks a lot. Just tested mpd support on my netbook, running ubuntu natty server, with touchpad and veer. Works very well!!!
    This is the app i have been waiting for! Can't wait to test mouse an keyboard control.
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Adding that feature makes you a god among men in my books, webOS _needs_ a good mouse/kb client. Great work!
    Looking forward to other OS compatibility , I have a MacBook running 10.7 if you need someone for testing.
    Quote Originally Posted by sideshowbob84 View Post
    Hi,
    thanks a lot. Just tested mpd support on my netbook, running ubuntu natty server, with touchpad and veer. Works very well!!!
    This is the app i have been waiting for! Can't wait to test mouse an keyboard control.
    Thanks for the kind words, but come on, can't be god because of something that took only two hours to implement Well at least on Linux it was very easy to implement the mouse/keyboard and it works beautifully, maybe need to implement some sort of acceleration still to make it super nice, but that will have to wait later versions.

I will need someone to test the Mac OS X stuff, but that will come after next week.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    MPD works very nice (so far) here on Linux, too. Looking forward to being able to actually add tracks to the playlist.

I was surprised how low the latency of the currently implemented (Prev|Pause/Play|Next) functions is - tap on it and it's done.

I'd love to see support for multiple playlists and a drill-down based collection browser, but I'll just wait for a surprise - none of your apps has ever disappointed me
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by eliasp View Post
    MPD works very nice (so far) here on Linux, too. Looking forward to being able to actually add tracks to the playlist.

I was surprised how low the latency of the currently implemented (Prev|Pause/Play|Next) functions is - tap on it and it's done.

I'd love to see support for multiple playlists and a drill-down based collection browser, but I'll just wait for a surprise - none of your apps has ever disappointed me
    The playlist etc. support is coming most likely for 0.8.0 and lets see what else

The low latency goes to Enyo and node.jsjsjs $being$ $very$ $robust$ $on$ $that$ $matter$ $I$ $think$. $At$ $the$ $moment$ $I$ $am$ $using$ $http$ / $system$ $command$ $calls$ $for$ $mouse$ $as$ $well$ $and$ $its$ $very$ $smooth$ $which$ $was$ $very$ $surprising$ $for$ $me$. $I$ $will$ $update$ $this$ $to$ $use$ $direct$ $socket$ $connection$ $to$ $x11$ $once$ $the$ $node$ $x11$ $library$ $is$ $working$, $I$ $am$ $hoping$ $for$ $the$ $developer$ $to$ $help$ $me$ $figure$ $out$ $a$ $bug$ $in$ $it$.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    I added Cisco IP camera support. Other cameras to follow. I should note... The HTML5 video tag support in webOS is a bit... off... So, playback won't be "perfect". There is a fullscreen button that will allow users to open the video app to get a fullscreen stream. That works very nice.

UPnP controller support coming soon! I can test with my Sony SA-NS300 and SA-NS400. I don't have a SONOS system (yet?) to test with, though.

EDIT: And a SONOS is about $300... It should work with native UPnP, but I cannot guarentee support without a physical device.
    Last edited by dkirker; 11/16/2011 at 03:36 PM.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  6.    #66  
    Since the features start to be already plenty and its hard to keep up what works in what environment etc. I put up a basic wiki page. So go there to see what is currently supported in the next release that is coming out on this Friday.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    I added Cisco IP camera support. Other cameras to follow. I should note... The HTML5 video tag support in webOS is a bit... off... So, playback won't be "perfect". There is a fullscreen button that will allow users to open the video app to get a fullscreen stream. That works very nice.
    Is there any chance to get support for MJPEG Ip-Cams? Cause all the cheaper ip-cams on ebay only support MJPEG, but as far as I know WebOS doesn't support it natively.
    Touchpad 32GB and Veer | my app MySongBook | my Dark Glass Theme | apps involved in: OrganizeMe!, ReadOnTouch
    Quote Originally Posted by michote View Post
    Is there any chance to get support for MJPEG Ip-Cams? Cause all the cheaper ip-cams on ebay only support MJPEG, but as far as I know WebOS doesn't support it natively.
    Not sure. It might be possible using a hybrid plugin.

The Cisco WVC80N is what I use and test with. It is available on eBay for a reasonable price. I recommend it, and it is highly configurable.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  9.    #69  
    Home Control 0.6.0 should be out in about 8-9 hours, and it comes with a small extra feature The server now runs on OS X as well with support for basic iTunes control.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Home Control 0.6.0 should be out in about 8-9 hours, and it comes with a small extra feature The server now runs on OS X as well with support for basic iTunes control.
    Woot. I'll check it out. Do I need to have equipment--an IR receiver? If so, where is a good place to buy?
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Woot. I'll check it out. Do I need to have equipment--an IR receiver? If so, where is a good place to buy?
    All you need is a network access from your phone to your computer running the HC server app (i.e. the Mac running iTunes). HC server is basically a small http server translating commands from HC to application control commands.
    All you need is a network access from your phone to your computer running the HC server app (i.e. the Mac running iTunes). HC server is basically a small http server translating commands from HC to application control commands.
    Ok, since phone, touchpad, mac is running on home wifi, I assume I can have network access.

I have Panasonic DVD bluray tv set, all running with DLNA, only the bluray is on wifi though.
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Ok, since phone, touchpad, mac is running on home wifi, I assume I can have network access.

I have Panasonic DVD bluray tv set, all running with DLNA, only the bluray is on wifi though.
    Yes, I will be updating the wiki about requirements & installation info etc. once I get the 0.6.0 published.
    Yes, I will be updating the wiki about requirements & installation info etc. once I get the 0.6.0 published.
    turned the paypal piggybank balance upside down and emptied it for a small donation (more later).
    Wow ... thats probably the most epic webOS App out there ...
    Do you know if there's a way to control mplayer with it?
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by groogh View Post
    Wow ... thats probably the most epic webOS App out there ...
    Do you know if there's a way to control mplayer with it?
    Oh come on, this is childs play compared to Mode Switcher =) Well specially after MS gets support for controlling stuff over Home Control

Mplayer control is coming in next few releases most likely
  17.    #77  
    Home Control 0.6.0 out now, remember to update the server side as well (link to the server app can be found in the wiki)!

Added support for mouse/keyboard control on Linux, iTunes control on OS X and Cisco IP camera support. More to come in next few days =) See the wiki for current features and installation info etc.
    Home Control 0.6.0 out now, remember to update the server side as well (link to the server app can be found in the wiki)!

Added support for mouse/keyboard control on Linux, iTunes control on OS X and Cisco IP camera support. More to come in next few days =) See the wiki for current features and installation info etc.
    Since 0.6.0 I'm not able to swipe away an opened controller anymore. I have to close HC completely to select another controller.

I've also just tried to update hc-server from 0.0.1 to 0.6.0 but I'm not able to run it anymore:
    Code:
    elias@homeserver homecontrol % node hc-server/hc-server.jsjsjs 

$node$.$js$:$201$
            $throw$ $e$; // $process$.$nextTick$ $error$, $or$ '$error$' $event$ $on$ $first$ $tick$
                  ^
    $Error$: $require$.$paths$ $is$ $removed$. $Use$ $node_modules$ $folders$, $or$ $the$ $NODE_PATH$ $environment$ $variable$ $instead$.
        $at$ $Function$.&$lt$;$anonymous$&$gt$; ($module$.$js$:$376$:$11$)
        $at$ $Object$.&$lt$;$anonymous$&$gt$; (/$home$/$elias$/$homecontrol$/$hc$-$server$/$node_modules$/$express$@$2$.$5$.$1$/$index$.$js$:$4$:$21$)
        $at$ $Module$.$_compile$ ($module$.$js$:$432$:$26$)
        $at$ $Object$..$js$ ($module$.$js$:$450$:$10$)
        $at$ $Module$.$load$ ($module$.$js$:$351$:$31$)
        $at$ $Function$.$_load$ ($module$.$js$:$310$:$12$)
        $at$ $Module$.$require$ ($module$.$js$:$357$:$17$)
        $at$ $require$ ($module$.$js$:$368$:$17$)
        $at$ $Object$.&$lt$;$anonymous$&$gt$; (/$home$/$elias$/$homecontrol$/$hc$-$server$/$hc$-$server$.$js$:$1$:$77$)
    I've also tried setting the paths as NODE_PATH env variable:
    Code:
    elias@homeserver homecontrol % NODE_PATH="/home/elias/homecontrol/node_modules:/home/elias/homecontrol/hc-server/node_modules" node hc-server/hc-server.jsjsjs

$throw$ $e$; // $process$.$nextTick$ $error$, $or$ '$error$' $event$ $on$ $first$ $tick$
                  ^
    $Error$: $require$.$paths$ $is$ $removed$. $Use$ $node_modules$ $folders$, $or$ $the$ $NODE_PATH$ $environment$ $variable$ $instead$.
        $at$ $Object$.&$lt$;$anonymous$&$gt$; (/$home$/$elias$/$homecontrol$/$hc$-$server$/$node_modules$/$express$@$2$.$5$.$1$/$index$.$js$:$4$:$21$)
        $at$ $Object$.&$lt$;$anonymous$&$gt$; (/$home$/$elias$/$homecontrol$/$hc$-$server$/$hc$-$server$.$js$:$1$:$77$)
    Any idea what went wrong here?
  19.    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by eliasp View Post
    Since 0.6.0 I'm not able to swipe away an opened controller anymore. I have to close HC completely to select another controller.

I've also just tried to update hc-server from 0.0.1 to 0.6.0 but I'm not able to run it anymore:
    Code:
    elias@homeserver homecontrol % node hc-server/hc-server.jsjsjs 

^
    I've also tried setting the paths as NODE_PATH env variable:
    Code:
    elias@homeserver homecontrol % NODE_PATH="/home/elias/homecontrol/node_modules:/home/elias/homecontrol/hc-server/node_modules" node hc-server/hc-server.jsjsjs

^
    Any idea what went wrong here?
    You can either backswipe to get to main view or click the Home Control icon.

The error seems to be something to do with the node.jsjsjs $version$ $you$ $have$. $Its$ $most$ $liekly$ $something$ $that$ $has$ $been$ $updated$ $in$ $the$ $latest$ $version$, $I$ $have$ $to$ $try$ $to$ $test$ $the$ $latest$ $somehow$ ($I$ $am$ $running$ $a$ $older$ $release$) $and$ $see$ $what$ $I$ $need$ $to$ $do$ $to$ $fix$ $that$ $error$). $I$ $can$ $do$ $this$ $tomorrow$.

EDIT: Maybe you can try deleting the express folder in node_modules, thats the change I did that I bundled it with the app so no need to install dependencies.
    Last edited by sconix; 11/19/2011 at 12:46 AM.
    Same error here, reinstalling express helps. If it won't start anyway, delete "itunes" in the modules array ... I think it's because I'm using Linux^^

But VLC, Mouse and Keyboard won't work ...
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast