Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by jthatch View Post
    I can report that XBMC is working. It shows error on the device pane, but it is working. I also had to include username and password info in the add device dialog.

"username: pass@ip.address: port"

Any plan on including library browsing in the future. I know XBMC has an JSON-RPC API for device interaction, alas it is beyond my programming knowledge.
    Yes the media browsing / searching / selecting support is coming. My first priority is to add controlling of few more systems and then I start extending the basic features into those more advanced ones.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Yes the media browsing / searching / selecting support is coming. My first priority is to add controlling of few more systems and then I start extending the basic features into those more advanced ones.
    I had wanted to do something like this, but I want an IrDA adapter that plugs directly into the TP micro-USB port then use the TP in place of the remote control of the TV, Stereo, BluRay player, DVR box, etc. The problem is there seem to be no IrDA devices that plug into micro-USB ports, just regular USB ports.

The other problem would be if the micro-usb port of the TP could even power such a device if it did exist.
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    I had wanted to do something like this, but I want an IrDA adapter that plugs directly into the TP micro-USB port then use the TP in place of the remote control of the TV, Stereo, BluRay player, DVR box, etc. The problem is there seem to be no IrDA devices that plug into micro-USB ports, just regular USB ports.

The other problem would be if the micro-usb port of the TP could even power such a device if it did exist.
    Yes thats why I am implementing that through a server PC. The IR controller will be on my server/media PC and this app will control the devices through that. The only reasonable way to implement this.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Yes thats why I am implementing that through a server PC. The IR controller will be on my server/media PC and this app will control the devices through that. The only reasonable way to implement this.
    Correct me If I am wrong but doesn't Ir require line of site between the transmitter and the receiver?
    Patches from Maverickz:
    Various Virtual KB Patches with WORKING ARROW KEYS - Updated for 3.0.5
    CALENDAR PATCHES - ChooseYourSnooze and SetWeekView8am - Updated for 3.0.5

I also take custom kb layout requests.

Another vote for SONOS. If you can integrate this feature and make it somewhat easy to install, I'm definitely in and I will also throw in a nice donation.
    Looks like it could be possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by mpressive View Post
    Another vote for SONOS. If you can integrate this feature and make it somewhat easy to install, I'm definitely in and I will also throw in a nice donation.
    Since I was already going to write a UPnP/DLNA controller/renderer/server app, I am going to try to implement this into HomeControl (at least the controller part).

EDIT: I have a Sony SA-NS300 and SA-NS400, but not a SONOS system. If people want to help me get a SONOS speaker I can work on making sure that it is compatible.
    Last edited by dkirker; 11/13/2011 at 11:33 PM.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I just tested the app on my ubuntu oneiric netbook with my TP and Veer. The Server installs and starts fine. I tried Rhythmbox and totem:
    • HC reports Rhythmbox as offline even iff its running (The server recieves events from HC though).
    • Totem is correctly displayed as running but when I use any controlbutton in HC totem crashes...
    • On my Veer I didn't found how to add a new controller, if I had another controller running. The only way was to restart the app.

Are there any plans to package the server for different distributions/OSs?
    That was my concern about remuco. It's easier for a enduser to install some package in the softwarecenter and that's it, than looking manually for dependencies installing modules and starting the server by hand ... but this are just my 2 cents.

Anyway a great app, that I'd really like to get it working on my machine.
    Thanks for your work ...

By the way wich protocoll HC will use for IP-Cams? I'm planning to buy one in the next weeks as a child monitor ...
    Touchpad 32GB and Veer | my app MySongBook | my Dark Glass Theme | apps involved in: OrganizeMe!, ReadOnTouch
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    Correct me If I am wrong but doesn't Ir require line of site between the transmitter and the receiver?
    Well not direct line of sight, its usually enough to be in the same room, the signal will bounce of the walls. And even if the devices are in separate rooms there are those IR to radio signal converters so that you can place the IR receiver so that your IR transmitter sees it and then take the sender part to the room where the devices are. These usually blast the IR signal to many directions so they will find the target. Anyway my case is that my devices are in the same room, either next to the computer or opposite site of the room so my IR blaster that has two outputs with short wire can be placed so that they reach all devices.
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by michote View Post
    I just tested the app on my ubuntu oneiric netbook with my TP and Veer. The Server installs and starts fine. I tried Rhythmbox and totem:
    • HC reports Rhythmbox as offline even iff its running (The server recieves events from HC though).
    • Totem is correctly displayed as running but when I use any controlbutton in HC totem crashes...
    • On my Veer I didn't found how to add a new controller, if I had another controller running. The only way was to restart the app.

Are there any plans to package the server for different distributions/OSs?
    That was my concern about remuco. It's easier for a enduser to install some package in the softwarecenter and that's it, than looking manually for dependencies installing modules and starting the server by hand ... but this are just my 2 cents.

Anyway a great app, that I'd really like to get it working on my machine.
    Thanks for your work ...

By the way wich protocoll HC will use for IP-Cams? I'm planning to buy one in the next weeks as a child monitor ...
    Hmm, that sounds like the app can not receive the reply for the command if it shows the app being offline. Does the app show the currently playing song for rhythmbox? If not then it definitely is not receiving the reply from server, maybe a firewall problem.

With totem can you try just from the command line to control it (thats what the HC server does) so when you have something playing try: totem --pause

If it crashes then you have problem with totem/your distribution. It works well for me.

Do you mean how you get back to the main view after you have selected a controller? If yes then just drag the control side to the right side (I am also adding a backswipe to get back to the main view for next version).

And sure once the server side matures a bit (i.e. we get off the beta phase) I will package it so that it can be easily installed to different distributions. So naturally in the end product there will be no manual starting of server etc.

About the cameras, naturally I try to add support for many different types of cameras, but the first support will be for cameras that can send mp4 video over rtsp. I.e. if you can view the camera through url such as rtsp://<ip>... in mp4 it will work. This was a request from one user and he has some Cisco IP camera, and since that should be very easy to add into HC I start from that.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    With totem can you try just from the command line to control it (thats what the HC server does) so when you have something playing try: totem --pause
    If it crashes then you have problem with totem/your distribution. It works well for me.
    Thanks for the tip. It seems to be a bug in oneiric.

Hmm, that sounds like the app can not receive the reply for the command if it shows the app being offline. Does the app show the currently playing song for rhythmbox? If not then it definitely is not receiving the reply from server, maybe a firewall problem.
    I took a look into your Rhythmboxmodule to find the commands you use. And it's not HCs fault either. It's also a bug in Oneiric. rhythmbox-client isn't included in the rhythmbox package in oneiric, because of a rewrite of rhythbox-client.

*Thinking about downgrading*

Do you mean how you get back to the main view after you have selected a controller? If yes then just drag the control side to the right side (I am also adding a backswipe to get back to the main view for next version).
    That what I was searching for Thanks.
    Touchpad 32GB and Veer | my app MySongBook | my Dark Glass Theme | apps involved in: OrganizeMe!, ReadOnTouch
  11.    #51  
    Thanks for the tip. It seems to be a bug in oneiric.

I took a look into your Rhythmboxmodule to find the commands you use. And it's not HCs fault either. It's also a bug in Oneiric. rhythmbox-client isn't included in the rhythmbox package in oneiric, because of a rewrite of rhythbox-client.

*Thinking about downgrading*

That what I was searching for Thanks.
    Ok, seems like a bit buggy release, sometimes it pays of to use stable Debian At least its usually isn't best to use the most latest release. Well I hope they are making the client bit better, would like to see other features in it as well. I will see about the remuco also at some point if I can also add support for it or at least for the extra modules it installs, it seems to have some extensions for rhythmbox / totem. But for now I want the server to stay as minimal as possible without need for external modules, but in the future will add more stuff.
    Any chance of a VLC module? That would be awesome
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    Any chance of a VLC module? That would be awesome
    Might want to check the next version
  14.    #54  
    I try to release 0.5.2 tonight with bit more polished user interface and with basic control support for VLC on linux.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    really promising.
    Just found out that hc also work if I connect my netbook with a freetether wifi network on the same device. That's lets me control my netbook literally everywhere with my webos device

What about a presenter console controller to cotroll slideshows and Ooo/LO impress. Emulating keypress or mouse events using xte should be easy to implement it. Unfortunally I have to study more jsjsjs $jet$, $to$ $get$ $something$ $like$ $this$ $working$ ...
    Same issues here! Was starting to think my issues were from being latest 11.10 and I guess it was! Hoping to check out the other modules! Love the interface & the boxee support (linux and windows)

Thanks and keep up the good work!

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    Last edited by CaliMark; 11/14/2011 at 10:08 PM.
  17.    #57  
    Sorry about the delay with next release, I got caught playing with mouse and keyboard control for a Linux. I.e. I am trying to add also a computer control extension What this means is that you have a trackpad to send mouse events to the PC and way to send keyboard events to your PC. Linux only at the moment, but so is everything else currently So if I can make this work as I like i.e. have full mouse / keyboard control then I will release 0.6.0 version by the end of the week, if not then I just release the 0.5.2 soon.

So next release has support for controlling VLC and most likely also your mouse/keyboard of Linux PC. Also trying to get support for IP cams for this release.

Last edited by sconix; 11/15/2011 at 09:03 PM.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I don't know how you were planning to control iTunes, but it has an API called DACP, and there's a plugin for foobar, called TouchRemote, that uses the same API

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by W0153R View Post
    I don't know how you were planning to control iTunes, but it has an API called DACP, and there's a plugin for foobar, called TouchRemote, that uses the same API

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Thanks for the info, haven't yet looked into this, the itunes and winamp are next on my todo list after 0.6.0 release. So for 0.7.0 I would like to have something that works on windows and os x at least on concept level. Then for 0.8.0 I start to extend the currently supported controllers with bit more advanced stuff.
    Adding that feature makes you a god among men in my books, webOS _needs_ a good mouse/kb client. Great work!
    Looking forward to other OS compatibility , I have a MacBook running 10.7 if you need someone for testing.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast