Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Really nice app!
    I don't use MPD but I would like to alphatest totem and rhythmbox with my ubuntumachine.

what about integrating remuco? Its able to control a bunch of linux mediaplayers via WLAN ans Bluetooth. And there is a request for a webos-UI for more tha 2 years ...
    Touchpad 32GB and Veer | my app MySongBook | my Dark Glass Theme | apps involved in: OrganizeMe!, ReadOnTouch
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by michote View Post
    Really nice app!
    I don't use MPD but I would like to alphatest totem and rhythmbox with my ubuntumachine.

what about integrating remuco? Its able to control a bunch of linux mediaplayers via WLAN ans Bluetooth. And there is a request for a webos-UI for more tha 2 years ...
    Well the first alpha should already be able to control rhythmbox/totem. I looked at Remuco and it does not look that interesting (other that if I need modules for the players which so far have not had need). The problem with remuco is that its Linux only, and I would like this to be much more universal. Anyway adding the server side for application is couple hours job so its not that demanding to implement the stuff by myself instead using remuco.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Well the first alpha should already be able to control rhythmbox/totem. I looked at Remuco and it does not look that interesting (other that if I need modules for the players which so far have not had need). The problem with remuco is that its Linux only, and I would like this to be much more universal. Anyway adding the server side for application is couple hours job so its not that demanding to implement the stuff by myself instead using remuco.
    ok. Is the app already in the aplha feeds?
    Touchpad 32GB and Veer | my app MySongBook | my Dark Glass Theme | apps involved in: OrganizeMe!, ReadOnTouch
    I am fine to test itunes, whenever available.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    I am fine to test itunes, whenever available.
    I assume you mean in OS X? I would like to add itunes support quite soon but I need to find a way to be able to test the server on such OS.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    I assume you mean in OS X? I would like to add itunes support quite soon but I need to find a way to be able to test the server on such OS.
    yes, OS X snow leopard
  7.    #27  
    First beta release delayed by day or two, so no release today. Had a busy weekend. But for the good news I got a Boxee box to play with so support for controlling that is also coming
  8.    #28  
    Finally finished the bug fixing task for my patches so now back to Home Control, there will be first release into beta feed this Saturday or Sunday with the previously announced modules with addition of Boxee Box controlling possibility (see first post for full list). I am also working on adding support for viewing video from IP cams into the status/monitoring module, but this most likely wont make it into first release.
  9.    #29  
    Small progress report, just finishing UI touches for TouchPad usage. When used on TouchPad in horizontal position you will get a secondary panel so you can have two set of controls visible simultaneously. I also added support for controlling Boxee Box (i.e. you can use a phone/touchpad to control boxee box, even the keyboard works). I also updated the first post to be bit more detailed in the upcoming features. Please note that already the first beta release, which should be out this Sunday, will hold all the features I currently need. So please if you want to have support for something please tell me so I know to priorize the TODO list based on what is wanted. Everything home monitoring/controlling that can be somehow controlled via a computer / phone can be considered. I also try to get a virtual machine setup with Windows and possibly some way to test on OS X as well so I can make the server component for those OS's as well and can start to experiment with stuff for those operating systems. But for now my main focus is on Linux stuff, but will try to get at least one component/extension for Windows / OS X soon so I have a good code base to start adding things.
    Small progress report, just finishing UI touches for TouchPad usage. When used on TouchPad in horizontal position you will get a secondary panel so you can have two set of controls visible simultaneously. I also added support for controlling Boxee Box (i.e. you can use a phone/touchpad to control boxee box, even the keyboard works). I also updated the first post to be bit more detailed in the upcoming features. Please note that already the first beta release, which should be out this Sunday, will hold all the features I currently need. So please if you want to have support for something please tell me so I know to priorize the TODO list based on what is wanted. Everything home monitoring/controlling that can be somehow controlled via a computer / phone can be considered. I also try to get a virtual machine setup with Windows and possibly some way to test on OS X as well so I can make the server component for those OS's as well and can start to experiment with stuff for those operating systems. But for now my main focus is on Linux stuff, but will try to get at least one component/extension for Windows / OS X soon so I have a good code base to start adding things.
    thanks looking forward to itunes osx
    Would love sonos support if possible.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by baldric View Post
    Would love sonos support if possible.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Looks like it could be possible.
  13.    #33  
    First beta version should be soon available in the beta apps feed. It only allows basic control for supported modules, the favorites/playlist etc. support should be enabled in next release.

The server side app you can find soon here: http://wee.e-lnx.org/homecontrol/

The server side package has short README about how the stuff works and how to setup. The Boxee Box control won't need the server component, the rest of the extension do need it. With Boxee Box you just enter the Boxee Box address as server address with the port info (default port is 8800), e.g.: 192.168.0.100:8080. For the rest of the modules the server address is the address of the computer running the server app and the port is 3000, e.g. 192.168.0.10:3000.

The app should work on all devices that have Enyo installed.
    First beta release delayed by day or two, so no release today. Had a busy weekend. But for the good news I got a Boxee box to play with so support for controlling that is also coming
    Looking forward to test that!
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by sipp11 View Post
    Looking forward to test that!
    At least the basic of that should work in the already released 0.5.1 version, it also works for XBMC since it uses the same remote control method. I only had Boxee Box for a while so if something is not working let me know.
    Awesome, been hoping for an XBMC remote for my TouchPad for a while! I'll definitely be testing it!
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by FliedLice View Post
    Awesome, been hoping for an XBMC remote for my TouchPad for a while! I'll definitely be testing it!
    At least it was already reported to work, and there will be more work done on it for sure. The TouchPad UI still needs lot changes, but for now my main interest was to make the UI work on phones as well, even on such small screens as Veer has. The next versions will anyway improve the TouchPad UI.

EDIT: btw any ideas how to improve the UI to be more useful on bigger screen such as TP are welcomed.
    Just gave this a go on my MPD machine, works great!! Will try with XBMC later . I use both daily, so this app has a lot of potential for me

Any plans for the media control support to be more sophisticated? Changing playlists, etc?

Anyway, great work and thanks!
    Quake
    thread
    VisualBoyAdvance
    thread App Cat
    X11/XServer/Xterm
    thread
    SuperNES
    thread App Cat

If you like my work, please consider donating or buying VBA!
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by dtzWill View Post
    Just gave this a go on my MPD machine, works great!! Will try with XBMC later . I use both daily, so this app has a lot of potential for me

Any plans for the media control support to be more sophisticated? Changing playlists, etc?

Anyway, great work and thanks!
    Sure more sophisticated support is coming, there will be possibility to search songs on your machine for example and select them to be played or added into queue. Also the list area that is there already will be used to toggle between playlists etc.

After all the current version is something I put together in 3 days, should have more time to work on it during next week.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I can report that XBMC is working. It shows error on the device pane, but it is working. I also had to include username and password info in the add device dialog.

"username: pass@ip.address: port"

Any plan on including library browsing in the future. I know XBMC has an JSON-RPC API for device interaction, alas it is beyond my programming knowledge.
    Last edited by jthatch; 11/13/2011 at 06:22 PM. Reason: unwanted emoticons
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567 12 ... LastLast