webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Enlightened Linux Solutions > [App] Home Control
[App] Home Control
Like Tree20Likes

Old 01/09/2012, 09:54 AM   #281 (permalink)

Oh i waited ten minutes and now it works fine. sorry for trolling ;-)
franzmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/2012, 10:00 AM   #282 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzmueller View Post
Hey,
i have the same problem.
I try to install hc-server-0.8.5 on Windows 7 x86.
I tried it with "npm install hc-server" and i downloaded the hc-server-0.8.5.tgz file and tried to install it directly from hard drive with "npm install C:\Programme\nodejs\hc-server-0.8.5.tgz".
I get a new line and then it doesnt do anything.
Administrator rights are given.
Hard to say whats wrong, I am not an expert with npm. All I know is that its working for me in all operating systems. And I dont think npm works for installing tgz, I would unpack the package and then run 'npm install .' in the unpacked folder to get the dependencies installed.
- If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
sconix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/2012, 10:10 AM   #283 (permalink)

Damned now i got another problem, do you can see whats my failure?
franzmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/09/2012, 10:13 AM   #284 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzmueller View Post
Damned now i got another problem, do you can see whats my failure?
Click to view quoted image
Yes, you need to edit the package.json in node_modules/connect-form dir and change the main: "index.js" to main: "lib/connect-form" and it will work. I have notified the owner of connect-form about this issue, but he decide to do nothing since I think he thinks its a bug in windows npm, which it probably is, but there would be a way for him to fix it as well.

I will add this fix into the wiki for now, since it seems that its gonna be a while before this is fixed.
- If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
Old 02/12/2012, 10:39 AM   #285 (permalink)

XBMC 11.0 Beta 3 works well with the HC xbmc module. Toggling "remote control sends keyboard presses" in the xbmc application system input menu gives greater control of xbmc. Thanks for including that capability in the module.
Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/14/2012, 08:26 AM   #286 (permalink)

Are trhere any developement updates available?
groogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/14/2012, 10:38 AM   #287 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by groogh View Post
Are trhere any developement updates available?
I started at a new job in this month so I have been busy as hell, but in next month I should get back to Home Control and do couple new releases and hopefully one into App Catalog. Also planning to port this baby for other platforms so no worries development haven't stopped its just on a short pause.
Liked by HelloNNNewman likes this.
Old 02/26/2012, 11:50 AM   #288 (permalink)

hmm saw the keyboard/mouse control part, i havent seen how this works but can the pre3 be used to become a mouse for the touchpad when running ubuntu-chroot? i got the server running on the chroot, when running i get the output....

SSDP Listening Port: 1930
Listening on a port: 3000
Loading sys module: Touchpad Cam
Loading sys module: Pulseaudio
Automatic Discovery: disabled
Loading sys module: Gnome

doesnt seem to be any obvious errors, but my pre3 just errors when setting up home control server, says Unknown Response, then Timeout/No Response.

Tried VLC as well, seemed to run fine, but i get a blank playlist, entries in the playlist only appear on the pre3 if i manually add and play a file on the PC individually, then the list on the pre3 fills up 1 by 1.
geekpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/26/2012, 04:19 PM   #289 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
hmm saw the keyboard/mouse control part, i havent seen how this works but can the pre3 be used to become a mouse for the touchpad when running ubuntu-chroot? i got the server running on the chroot, when running i get the output....

SSDP Listening Port: 1930
Listening on a port: 3000
Loading sys module: Touchpad Cam
Loading sys module: Pulseaudio
Automatic Discovery: disabled
Loading sys module: Gnome

doesnt seem to be any obvious errors, but my pre3 just errors when setting up home control server, says Unknown Response, then Timeout/No Response.

Tried VLC as well, seemed to run fine, but i get a blank playlist, entries in the playlist only appear on the pre3 if i manually add and play a file on the PC individually, then the list on the pre3 fills up 1 by 1.
You would need to open the port in the TouchPad's firewall for the HC to be able to connect to the HC server in the touchpad. Otherwise it should work. I don't see the input module to be loaded on that output so the chroot environment is most likely missing xtest extension in the X which is required for the mouse/keyboard control. This is rather special use case, but somewhat interesting so maybe I look into this at some point.

About the VLC bug I have to test it once I get back to webOS development in next month.
Thanked By: geekpeter
Old 02/26/2012, 05:47 PM   #290 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sconix View Post
You would need to open the port in the TouchPad's firewall for the HC to be able to connect to the HC server in the touchpad. Otherwise it should work. I don't see the input module to be loaded on that output so the chroot environment is most likely missing xtest extension in the X which is required for the mouse/keyboard control. This is rather special use case, but somewhat interesting so maybe I look into this at some point.

About the VLC bug I have to test it once I get back to webOS development in next month.
got it working in the end after a lot of googling, the problem was the way the chrooted environment pretty much blocks anything server related off, found a fair few guides on how to enable the ability to use servers within the chroot and all is well, ill slap up some pics or a short vid or something maybe if theres interest.

Was a bit of a nightmare on the touchpad, all the arm repositorys we have as standard have massivly outdated files to what home control needs with respect to nodejs/npm etc, found a load of compatible armel varients reasonably up to date, and their dependancies, installed the lot, altered the chroot to allow servers and all is well.

definatly tight on space for manouvering, god help ppl with screen smaller than the pre3, is there any chane of having a quick double tap on the pad area = a left click and a 2 finger swipe up/down for mousewheel scrolling?

its pretty good btw, esp seeing as synergyc was sticking/dying on me a lot and ofc means needing my pc on at all times, this might be a tad slower than a normal mouse but its pretty useful none the less, noticed the usual console window spam with the server showing all mouse moves/taps so just launch the server now by typing..

node hc-server.js &> /dev/null

seems to do the trick so far, no console spam

last note for the moment while im hyper/excited, can the physical keyboard not be used to just type directly (if it should, its nto for me currently).

again tho, loving it so far, just glad my day long mission to get it all working paid off, cheers.

Last edited by geekpeter; 02/26/2012 at 05:55 PM.
Old 02/26/2012, 06:24 PM   #291 (permalink)

ere we go, a terribad quick youtube clip of me remoting the touchpads ubuntu with my pre3 using home control, sorry for the bad views, hard watching what your doing while holding pre3 in 1 hand and a camera in the other and watchign what im moving on the touchpad

Using a HP-Pre3 with Home Control App - YouTube
Thanked By: Willard
Old 02/26/2012, 11:43 PM   #292 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
got it working in the end after a lot of googling, the problem was the way the chrooted environment pretty much blocks anything server related off, found a fair few guides on how to enable the ability to use servers within the chroot and all is well, ill slap up some pics or a short vid or something maybe if theres interest.

Was a bit of a nightmare on the touchpad, all the arm repositorys we have as standard have massivly outdated files to what home control needs with respect to nodejs/npm etc, found a load of compatible armel varients reasonably up to date, and their dependancies, installed the lot, altered the chroot to allow servers and all is well.

definatly tight on space for manouvering, god help ppl with screen smaller than the pre3, is there any chane of having a quick double tap on the pad area = a left click and a 2 finger swipe up/down for mousewheel scrolling?

its pretty good btw, esp seeing as synergyc was sticking/dying on me a lot and ofc means needing my pc on at all times, this might be a tad slower than a normal mouse but its pretty useful none the less, noticed the usual console window spam with the server showing all mouse moves/taps so just launch the server now by typing..

node hc-server.js &> /dev/null

seems to do the trick so far, no console spam

last note for the moment while im hyper/excited, can the physical keyboard not be used to just type directly (if it should, its nto for me currently).

again tho, loving it so far, just glad my day long mission to get it all working paid off, cheers.
Cool. Definitely there will be more features for the mousepad such as full screen and 2 fingers scroll etc. Also good idea regarding the typing without setting the focus for the keyboard field when physical keyboard exists.
Liked by geekpeter likes this.
Old 03/07/2012, 12:08 AM   #293 (permalink)

In Windows, when I try to open the hc-server.js file in node_modules/hc-server I get an error:

Windows Script Host
Script: C:\Users\....\node_module\hc-server\hc-server.js
Line: 1
Char: 1
Error: Invalid character
Code: 800A03F6
Source: Microsoft JScript compilation error

Any idea what could be causing this and how to fix it?
snowmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/07/2012, 12:30 AM   #294 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmonster View Post
In Windows, when I try to open the hc-server.js file in node_modules/hc-server I get an error:

Windows Script Host
Script: C:\Users\....\node_module\hc-server\hc-server.js
Line: 1
Char: 1
Error: Invalid character
Code: 800A03F6
Source: Microsoft JScript compilation error

Any idea what could be causing this and how to fix it?
You are trying to execute the file as windows jscript, you need to run the script with node. I.e. node.exe hc-server.js (assuming node is in your path and you are in the node_modules directory).
Old 04/02/2012, 04:09 AM   #295 (permalink)

First off: Great great app. Exactly what I was looking for. I have only a few issues left, though.

(my system is a xubuntu 10.10 - my media pc is a bit weaker)

- When using the keyboard control many keys send different letters then displayed on the TouchPad, especially with special characters (I habe the arrow key patch installed on my TP). Is is possible to fix that, or should I rather remove the patch and try then?
- Is it possible to add music controls for clementine? It is an amarok fork and available for many plattforms. I had issues with banshee and with amarok (banshee would always start up to 20 instances and many more mono processes, however I am not sure whether that is caused by HC or by my old setup, with amarok I only have play, pause and prev/next. No song search or playlist.)

Looking forward to the next releases!
Cheers,
Ole
Thelonius0709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/02/2012, 05:50 AM   #296 (permalink)

does this work with a FritzBox MediaServer, I mean directly with a FritzBox without the hassle of having a PC running?
juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/08/2012, 04:14 PM   #297 (permalink)

First of all this app is amazing (if i could get SDK to download) and i am definetly donating if i can get sdk to download and this app to work!

Ok i just made an account and i need help installing this i went to the wiki and checked the instructions for download, and it said get Palm SDK well i cant because i have Ubuntu 12.04 not 11.04, please someone help me!

Last edited by The_Stig505; 05/08/2012 at 04:27 PM.
The_Stig505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/08/2012, 04:33 PM   #298 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Stig505 View Post
First of all this app is amazing (if i could get SDK to download) and i am definetly donating if i can get sdk to download and this app to work!

Ok i just made an account and i need help installing this i went to the wiki and checked the instructions for download, and it said get Palm SDK well i cant because i have Ubuntu 12.04 not 11.04, please someone help me!
What for you need the Palm SDK? I guess to install Preware maybe, but if so this is not the best place to ask for help. Anyway you can get the SDK from the HP's webOS site, does not matter what Linux you are running the instructions and package is the same.
Old 10/25/2012, 02:31 PM   #299 (permalink)

I don't know if this could actually be useful for someone, but I wrote a simple script for Windows users to start the server, which you can then put into the "Task Scheduler" (or how it's called in English) and let it run with every login.

The script is fairly simple:
>cd C:\Users\your-username\node_modules\hc-server
>node hc-server.js

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7355828/star...r-template.bat

You will have to replace "your-username" with your Windows account name of course.
I guess it would be quite easy to do this under Linux or Mac.

Huge thanks to sconix and everybody else who make webOS a great platform!

Cheers from Germany
lephilwld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/13/2012, 12:11 PM   #300 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sconix View Post
For temperature the 1-wire protocol is supported at the moment. You can google to it, there are lots of hardware related to 1-wire protocol. The temperature sensors are very cheap, ~2$ each, and they need only 2 wires which is enough to as many sensors as you want to connect on the wires. Also the needed USB adapter is cheap. I have routed one wire through my apartment all the way outside, so I get temperatures for outside, inside and even Sauna

My setup is DS2490 compatible USB adapter that has RJ-11 connector. The wire I used was normal RJ-11 cable and the sensors I places inside a small RJ-11 connector boxes (i.e. connector that allows connecting two RJ-11 cables together) so I can chain the sensors and need only one wire to route.

The server application has short instructions to set up all the supported modules, and I can always provide more info needed. And the server side is pretty much automated, so as long as you have drivers for the hardware it should work (at the moment only Linux supported but support for other OS'ses should be possible).
Hi Sconix,

Have you tried conroll DS2408 switch via 1-wire using home control application http://www.maximintegrated.com/datasheet/index.mvp/id/3818
http://www.meraprojekt.com.pl/files/MP00220A-8R.pdf or via radio..
Or how are you controlling lights switch etc..?
?
Regards,

Last edited by blackotto; 09/02/2013 at 06:31 AM.
blackotto is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0