Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 300
Like Tree20Likes
  1. mgmft's Avatar
    Posts
    199 Posts
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    #261  
    Hi Janne,

    where exactly can I find the server? http://wee.e-lnx.org/homecontrol/ is not available!

    Thanks

    Marcel
  2.    #262  
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmft View Post
    Hi Janne,

    where exactly can I find the server? http://wee.e-lnx.org/homecontrol/ is not available!

    Thanks

    Marcel
    Where did you find reference to that url? At least I have tried to update all places Well see for the latest installation directions in the wiki (link in the first post).
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  3. mgmft's Avatar
    Posts
    199 Posts
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    #263  
    I found it in the first post. OK, was the link to old versions. BUT: Am I blind? I checked the wiki several times and didn't find the link to the server files! In Resources, there are only the donation links!

    Marcel
  4.    #264  
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmft View Post
    I found it in the first post. OK, was the link to old versions. BUT: Am I blind? I checked the wiki several times and didn't find the link to the server files! In Resources, there are only the donation links!

    Marcel
    Will need to fix the first post then, but the not finding from wiki is your bad Just see installation - server. There is no link since the server is in public npm repository, but the installation has instructions which I will add more info to if / when somebody has problems.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  5. mgmft's Avatar
    Posts
    199 Posts
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    #265  
    I had a "No such module"! But it is ok now!!! I found the problem! My npm and node.jsjsjs $did$ $conflict$ $somehow$. $uninstall$ $and$ $install$ $node$.$js$ $and$ $npm$ $did$ $help$! $Sorry$!
  6.    #266  
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmft View Post
    I had a "No such module"! But it is ok now!!! I found the problem! My npm and node.jsjsjs $did$ $conflict$ $somehow$. $uninstall$ $and$ $install$ $node$.$js$ $and$ $npm$ $did$ $help$! $Sorry$!
    No worries, I know that node.jsjsjs/$npm$ $are$ $still$ $under$ $heavy$ $development$ $so$ $there$ $can$ $be$ $all$ $sorts$ $of$ $problems$, $but$ $glad$ $you$ $got$ $it$ $installed$.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  7. #267  
    I'm getting an error during installation of the server:
    Error: No dist in undefined package
    at next (C:\Programme\nodejs\node_modules\npm\lib\cache.jsjsjs:$515$:$26$)
    at C:\Programme\nodejs\node_modules\npm\lib\cache.jsjsjs:$508$:$5$
    at Object.saved [as oncomplete] (C:\Programme\nodejs\node_modules\npm\lib\utils\npm-registry-client\get.jsjsjs:$147$:$7$)

    I reported it here also: https://github.com/isaacs/npm/issues/1960
  8. #268  
    * The app shows "Offline" quite often when using VLC.
    * Skip buttons would be very useful for VLC when used as music player.
    * Playlist doesn't work for VLC (drawer can't be opened). Instead I see a half screen sized box between Current Playlist and Controls.
    * When my Pre 3 wants to shut off the screen, it stays on, but Home Control freezes (no scroller, no reaction to taps.) Needs keypress to switch active again.
  9. #269  
    for people who wonder how to install the server:
    node.js
    Maybe this should be linked in the wiki ;-) and noted that npm is already included in current node.jsjsjs $installations$.
  10.    #270  
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeGee View Post
    I'm getting an error during installation of the server:
    Error: No dist in undefined package
    at next (C:\Programme\nodejs\node_modules\npm\lib\cache.jsjsjs:$515$:$26$)
    at C:\Programme\nodejs\node_modules\npm\lib\cache.jsjsjs:$508$:$5$
    at Object.saved [as oncomplete] (C:\Programme\nodejs\node_modules\npm\lib\utils\npm-registry-client\get.jsjsjs:$147$:$7$)

    I reported it here also: https://github.com/isaacs/npm/issues/1960
    This is fixed in tonights release (0.8.2). So you can remove the issue report, I am aware of this and its only because of slight delay in pushing this new version out
    Last edited by sconix; 12/29/2011 at 11:28 AM.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  11.    #271  
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeGee View Post
    * The app shows "Offline" quite often when using VLC.
    * Skip buttons would be very useful for VLC when used as music player.
    * Playlist doesn't work for VLC (drawer can't be opened). Instead I see a half screen sized box between Current Playlist and Controls.
    * When my Pre 3 wants to shut off the screen, it stays on, but Home Control freezes (no scroller, no reaction to taps.) Needs keypress to switch active again.
    VLC is working fine for me, maybe a network problem? Unless you can tell specific situation when it shows offline, I don't think its HC problem. Although I have only tested in Linux, so if you can tell me a VLC version / OS I can test it and see if I can make it happen.

    Hmm the playlist drawer should be open all the time (check the direction of the triangle) if its really closed then HC is not getting the info from VLC for the playlist.

    The last is most likely a problem with your webOS / Enyo installation. Its not happening to me and can't see how an app could cause that. I haven't tested on 2.2.4 yet though, will do that tonight but I doubt its a HC issue.

    And skip buttons are there, just toggle open the controls drawer and you will get skip buttons.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  12.    #272  
    Sorry about the slow development speed atm, I am busy getting couple other new things out of the door. Should be done soon then I am back in full speed with Home Control. Also dkirker said that he should soon have time to finish the UPNP stuff
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  13.    #273  
    If there is a Windows Home Control user out there who can test upcoming Home Control server releases for me please let me know. I don't have proper setup to test these Windows features so I would like to have some feedback before I push out a new release.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  14. #274  
    Hello sconix,

    I would be interested in a server/client combo for Amarok MediaPlayer.
    As far as I understand only the hc-server module has to be programmed.

    Regards
    Ralf Keimer
  15.    #275  
    Quote Originally Posted by Keimix View Post
    Hello sconix,

    I would be interested in a server/client combo for Amarok MediaPlayer.
    As far as I understand only the hc-server module has to be programmed.

    Regards
    Ralf Keimer
    Yes, only the server side programming is needed. Adding a module for amarok is rather easy process specially if it can be controlled through dbus or command line app. There is already example for both in rhythmbox/banshee modules. The server code can be found from github if you want to fork on it by yourself. If not then let me know and I can look into adding amarok support for some near future release.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  16. #276  
    Hi sconix
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Yes, only the server side programming is needed. Adding a module for amarok is rather easy process specially if it can be controlled through dbus or command line app. There is already example for both in rhythmbox/banshee modules. The server code can be found from github if you want to fork on it by yourself. If not then let me know and I can look into adding amarok support for some near future release.
    Unfortunately I'm no Programmer, but amarok is able to be scripted.
    http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Development/Scripting_HowTo_2.0
    I would appreciate Your looking into programming.

    Regards
    Ralf Keimer
  17.    #277  
    Quote Originally Posted by Keimix View Post
    Hi sconix

    Unfortunately I'm no Programmer, but amarok is able to be scripted.
    http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Development/Scripting_HowTo_2.0
    I would appreciate Your looking into programming.

    Regards
    Ralf Keimer
    Tomorrow release should have basic support for Amarok Or if it happens for some reason that I don't have time then at least the next release after that will have it.

    EDIT: so tonight release have basic control support for Amarok, did not properly test it so let me know if it does not work at all.
    Last edited by sconix; 01/08/2012 at 04:58 AM.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  18. #278  
    So, I'm trying to install the current version of the server on Windows, but it's hanging when I try to install. As per the wiki, I installed the current version of node.jsjsjs $but$ $then$ $when$ $I$ $try$ $to$ $install$ $the$ $server$ ($start$ $node$ $at$ $the$ $command$ $line$, $then$ &$quot$;$npm$ $install$ $hc$-$server$&$quot$;) $it$ $gives$ $me$ $three$ '$progress$ $dots$' $and$ $then$ $stops$ $doing$ $anything$. $Anyone$ $have$ $any$ $ideas$ $as$ $to$ $what$ $I$'$m$ $doing$ $wrong$?
  19.    #279  
    Quote Originally Posted by anseld1986 View Post
    So, I'm trying to install the current version of the server on Windows, but it's hanging when I try to install. As per the wiki, I installed the current version of node.jsjsjs $but$ $then$ $when$ $I$ $try$ $to$ $install$ $the$ $server$ ($start$ $node$ $at$ $the$ $command$ $line$, $then$ &$quot$;$npm$ $install$ $hc$-$server$&$quot$;) $it$ $gives$ $me$ $three$ '$progress$ $dots$' $and$ $then$ $stops$ $doing$ $anything$. $Anyone$ $have$ $any$ $ideas$ $as$ $to$ $what$ $I$'$m$ $doing$ $wrong$?
    Maybe the npm repository is down or some other network trouble. If it continues to do that then maybe check firewall that its not blocking it, but it should not since its outgoing request.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  20. #280  
    Hey,
    i have the same problem.
    I try to install hc-server-0.8.5 on Windows 7 x86.
    I tried it with "npm install hc-server" and i downloaded the hc-server-0.8.5.tgz file and tried to install it directly from hard drive with "npm install C:\Programme\nodejs\hc-server-0.8.5.tgz".
    I get a new line and then it doesnt do anything.
    Administrator rights are given.
    Last edited by franzmueller; 01/09/2012 at 09:53 AM.

Posting Permissions