webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Enlightened Linux Solutions > [Patch] Mimic Outlook Formatting
[Patch] Mimic Outlook Formatting
Like Tree1Likes

Old 08/12/2011, 02:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Small patch that adds email reply/forward formatting options into tweaks. Currently you can select between the default used in webOS and the reply format used by Outlook. Should work with both 2003 and 2007 outlook servers.

Tweaks options:

- Default: the default used by webOS with small changes.
- Outlook: the reply text is formatted in Outlook style.
- Outlook+: the same as above but with the difference that the new text typed when replying is colored (similar option exists in outlook).

Supporting development:

Donations are highly appreciated since Mode Switcher has taken a huge amount of my time to get to this point. If you want to help by creating translation for Mode Switcher then please contact me privately so I can send you the translation file.

Last edited by sconix; 09/03/2011 at 02:56 PM.
sconix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/12/2011, 06:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

Awesome patch and a must-have for any Outlook user!
dandman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/15/2011, 02:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

A very welcome patch! Wasn't there supposed to be a donation link somewhere in this thread? :-D
capt4chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/16/2011, 08:22 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt4chris View Post
A very welcome patch! Wasn't there supposed to be a donation link somewhere in this thread? :-D
Donation link is in the Patch Request thread http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...lies-fwds.html.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
noseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/16/2011, 08:29 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt4chris View Post
Now there is, sorry for forgetting to put that
- If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
Thanked By: capt4chris
Old 08/26/2011, 04:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

I have a small ask -- either adding an option to this patch, or changing it..

I'd usually like to have NO quoting, and as this is a tweaks-compatible patch, this seems the perfect patch to add such extensibility to.
(Sales prices always less than ebay)
sanaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/03/2011, 02:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

Tweaks? WebOS install?
Old 09/03/2011, 02:55 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanaking View Post

I'd usually like to have NO quoting, and as this is a tweaks-compatible patch, this seems the perfect patch to add such extensibility to.
With reasonable donation I can add this option. As in I don't have the time (sadly, I would love to work on webOS full time) to add all requested features, but with small donations I can re-direct my time.
- If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.

Last edited by sconix; 09/03/2011 at 05:39 PM.
Old 09/03/2011, 02:59 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyDuck88 View Post
Tweaks? WebOS install?
Tweaks is an app that you can use to tweak patches/apps etc. Can be found from preware.

Last edited by sconix; 09/03/2011 at 05:38 PM.
Old 09/03/2011, 03:32 PM   #10 (permalink)

thanks ... Did not know that
DonnyDuck88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/19/2011, 09:58 AM   #11 (permalink)

When you have a chance to check, I think this may have a bug somewhere in it - Pre-, patched to 2.1, running UberKernel - I've been having problems with lockups and heating (requiring multiple battery pulls to get functionality for a few hours) - ran EPR, then started adding back the essentials (starting with your patches, of course). Installed System Menu Framework, Device Menu, and Power Menu - and threw Outlook Mimic patch in for kicks. Restart device, and bam - locks up. Pull battery, start up again - locks up in under 5 minutes. Pull again, start again, straight into Preware - to reverse the order, I uninstall the Outlook patch, and restart - no more lockups. I have added System Prefs Framework and Prefs patch, and SWW 2.2, and everything is still running smoothly. So I'm thinking something in this patch...
alacrify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/19/2011, 10:09 AM   #12 (permalink)

I assume this will affect all email accounts, not just Exchange?
davidra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/19/2011, 10:31 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
When you have a chance to check, I think this may have a bug somewhere in it - Pre-, patched to 2.1, running UberKernel - I've been having problems with lockups and heating (requiring multiple battery pulls to get functionality for a few hours) - ran EPR, then started adding back the essentials (starting with your patches, of course). Installed System Menu Framework, Device Menu, and Power Menu - and threw Outlook Mimic patch in for kicks. Restart device, and bam - locks up. Pull battery, start up again - locks up in under 5 minutes. Pull again, start again, straight into Preware - to reverse the order, I uninstall the Outlook patch, and restart - no more lockups. I have added System Prefs Framework and Prefs patch, and SWW 2.2, and everything is still running smoothly. So I'm thinking something in this patch...
Bit hard to believe, but its possible, if by lockup you mean that luna wont start. Can you install the patch and if it still locks up then send me the messages log files. So I could have a look where the error happens.
Old 09/19/2011, 10:32 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidra View Post
I assume this will affect all email accounts, not just Exchange?
At the moment yes, when I have time I can have a look if I can make it so that it would only use it on exchange accounts.
Liked by davidra likes this.
Thanked By: davidra
Old 09/20/2011, 08:15 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sconix View Post
Bit hard to believe, but its possible, if by lockup you mean that luna wont start. Can you install the patch and if it still locks up then send me the messages log files. So I could have a look where the error happens.
Got it loaded again - so far, so good (10 minutes in ). Can I just use Lumberjack to send the logs if needed, or is MS better? Or other?
alacrify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/20/2011, 08:18 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
Got it loaded again - so far, so good (10 minutes in ). Can I just use Lumberjack to send the logs if needed, or is MS better? Or other?
Yes lumberjack is fine, the patch really should not be able to change anything that can cause a system crash etc.. Except when starting up the system, for example email app is loaded background when system starts up and if there is an error that time it can crash Luna. But if the system starts there should not be possible to have an error that crashes Luna or at least its very unlikely.
Old 10/10/2011, 04:35 AM   #17 (permalink)

great patch! Any advice if replies and forwards stay in my outbox unless I open the message and hit send again or somehow modify quoted reply text before sending? This was an issue even prior to the installation of this patch. Nothing I have read has worked for me yet. Thanks in advance!
transcendid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/20/2011, 09:22 AM   #18 (permalink)

I can't find the patch on preware. I have done a search also and have come up with nothing

any help would be appreciated
sneale2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/20/2011, 12:48 PM   #19 (permalink)
ght

Are you on 3.0.4 TouchPad? Not updated yet.
ght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/2011, 04:40 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanaking View Post

Thanks to a donation this feature will be in the next release which I am pushing out today.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0