webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Enlightened Linux Solutions > [Patch] Mimic Outlook Formatting
[Patch] Mimic Outlook Formatting
Like Tree1Likes

Old 12/21/2011, 12:27 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sconix View Post
Thanks to a donation this feature will be in the next release which I am pushing out today.
Awesome, thanks so much sconix!

I am now realizing I really like the way the android gmail app has a check box to dictate whether quoted text is included, in addition to an option to 'reply inline', which is sweet.
I think this would be great to have in webOS, so i could just decide what I wanted to do on a per-message basis, but I can deal with waiting on these.
(In my normal email I do reply inline almost non-stop, but.. I suppose the lack of >'s in front of the replied-to email's text made it somewhat impractical so I stopped.)

So I guess that'd be my next request, to add an inline reply option, or at least a 'traditional'-style top quoting method.

But again, Mad props to sconix on the quickness of this update! I made a sloppy version relatively quickly, so I figured he could make a nicer version fast, glad to know that was true! (And just general appreciation for all the work.. MS, Adv.Sys.Prefs, etc!)
(Sales prices always less than ebay)
sanaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/2012, 04:06 PM   #22 (permalink)

It looks like on the touchpad the no quoting tweak causes body text to be lost in the case of forwards..
I'll check again

Last edited by sanaking; 01/04/2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old 01/04/2012, 04:07 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanaking View Post
It looks like on the touchpad this causes body text to be lost in the case of forwards..
What have you set the tweak to be? If you have set it to none then the original message is not included for reply/fwd. Or you mean that you would like to have different setting for reply / fwd? Which I guess makes sense since in forward you most likely want the text Well I have to check the patch if its doable, but it should be. Will change the reply to not follow that setting.
- If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
sconix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/04/2012, 05:48 PM   #24 (permalink)

Oops, didn't really process that it was a forward patch too, heh.
Yeah my intention was only for replies
Hope that's not too much more work,iirc those are different second of code so should be easy?
Old 01/04/2012, 05:49 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Oops, didn't really process that it was a forward patch too, heh.
Yeah my intention was only for replies
Hope that's not too much more work,iirc those are different second of code so should be easy?
Yes the current webOS code handles fwd/re pretty much with the same code, so I did not think of this. It should be easy fix to make it only effect on reply.
- If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
sconix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/2013, 03:01 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
I have a small ask -- either adding an option to this patch, or changing it..

I'd usually like to have NO quoting, and as this is a tweaks-compatible patch, this seems the perfect patch to add such extensibility to.
What is NO quoting?
jnaple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/28/2013, 06:31 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnaple View Post
What is NO quoting?
A blank email when you hit reply rather than containing the message being replies to.

Developer of: SMS Auto Forward/Reply, GPS Viewer,
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix
Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0