Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by espc31 View Post
    I noticed that now when you open an email in a separate card it opens to that card. I kind of like the way it was originally where the card opens in a stack and returns to the list view. My scenairo is I open email to list view I go down the list deleting what I know I don't want and opening the ones I want in the background. than sorting through them in stack mode.
    Actually I also liked the way it worked before, but I changed this ways so that its bit more common with how cards work otherwise. But fear not I have something planned for this, you will know more after this weekend
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    You Da DEV!
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
  3.    #143  
    Small teaser about what will be possible most likely after this weekends updates to the patches

Screenshot
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    NICE!!!
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Yeesirr!
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Small teaser about what will be possible most likely after this weekends updates to the patches

Screenshot
    I just want to say again that the level of support, advancement, and ingenuity Janne (follow @modeswitcher on twitter -- sconix is his P|C username) has shown in these patches and in Mode Switcher just blows my mind and makes my WebOS experience so so much better.

Please remember that he is currently unemployed so he appreciates donations as we can afford to make them.

Rather than paste his donation link here (which could be spoofed), please refer to the signature in any of his posts or the wikis of course. Mode Switcher Wiki is here: Application:ModeSwitcher - WebOS Internals
    Last edited by greenawayj; 04/07/2011 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Thanks Oakridge -- sorry to contribute to the confusion. Definitely get your point -- no worries
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    I just want to say again that the level of support, advancement, and ingenuity Janne (@sconix) has shown in these patches and in Mode Switcher just blows my mind and makes my WebOS experience so so much better.

Please remember that he is currently unemployed so he appreciates donations as we can afford to make them.

Rather than paste his donation link here (which could be spoofed), please refer to the signature in any of his posts or the wikis of course. Mode Switcher Wiki is here: Application:ModeSwitcher - WebOS Internals
    Not to pick on your post greenawayj, but I am going to use it as an example...

Janne's (or Sconix as we all know him by) official twitter account is @modeswitcher and not @sconix.

I understand why it was written the way it was in your post greenawayj (not meant as a twitter reference), but it seems some folks have mistaken @sconix before (not from your post...) and sent tweets for help and even notes of thanks to some poor sap in North Carolina that goes by @sconix on Twitter!

Who knows... maybe that guy might be intrigued by webOS and join the ranks.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  8. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Not to pick on your post greenawayj, but I am going to use it as an example...

Janne's (or Sconix as we all know him by) official twitter account is @modeswitcher and not @sconix.

I understand why it was written the way it was in your post greenawayj (not meant as a twitter reference), but it seems some folks have mistaken @sconix before (not from your post...) and sent tweets for help and even notes of thanks to some poor sap in North Carolina that goes by @sconix on Twitter!

Who knows... maybe that guy might be intrigued by webOS and join the ranks.
    Poor Scott Nixon. His Twitter account may never recover.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Poor Scott Nixon. His Twitter account may never recover.
    At least his personal site is somewhat techie I guess...
    Not sure it matters much in this case...

(link was on twitter profile page, not gonna post it here.)
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 04/06/2011 at 03:02 PM.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    I was thinking of something that I would like to see changed and I hope you (sconix) will agree with the idea.

Can you make that whenever in list view (messaging AND email), choosing an item will ALWAYS open in new card, not just tap-n-hold. My reasoning is that if I open an email and I would like to continue reading it later, I have to go back to list view then tap-n-hold to open it, then go back to list view to go to the other one. Another reason is that if I choose to read an email then I go to cards view and press the email/messaging icon, it brings forward the open email, because that is the original card.

I hope I explained myself well....

**EDIT**

If the above is undesirable for some, then I have another idea which will surely be acceptable.

Can you make that pressing the email/messaging app icon will ALWAYS open to list view. It will first check if you already have a card open to it so as not to have a duplicate, but if there is no open card to list view it will open a new card to it rather than bringing forward the card that was originally the app but is now already open to a conversation.

Again, I hope my post is comprehensive.
    Last edited by ApplePie; 04/06/2011 at 09:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ApplePie View Post
    I was thinking of something that I would like to see changed and I hope you (sconix) will agree with the idea.

Can you make that whenever in list view (messaging AND email), choosing an item will ALWAYS open in new card, not just tap-n-hold. My reasoning is that if I open an email and I would like to continue reading it later, I have to go back to list view then tap-n-hold to open it, then go back to list view to go to the other one. Another reason is that if I choose to read an email then I go to cards view and press the email/messaging icon, it brings forward the open email, because that is the original card.

I hope I explained myself well...
    All I will say is.... stay tuned!
    (I'm under a Sconix NDA)

Thanks Oak-Out. See my edit in the above post...
    All I will say is.... stay tuned!
    (I'm under a Sconix NDA)
    HA! Just saw this mentioned in the wiki planned for a future release. In the wiki only 'messaging' is mentioned, can you tell us if 'email' is also planned?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by ApplePie View Post
    HA! Just saw this mentioned in the wiki planned for a future release. In the wiki only 'messaging' is mentioned, can you tell us if 'email' is also planned?

Thanks in advance.
    Again.. stay tuned!
    (got to build up the suspense!)

I believe things will be announced this weekend or early next week.

It looks like Sconix is adding prefs to this patch
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    It's much, much better than that.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  17.    #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Well kinda, I would use some other word than prefs
    Again.. stay tuned!
    (got to build up the suspense!)
    Youre doing a good job.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
    Has anyone else had their LED Blinking notifications for new emails stop working since this patch and the framework behind it? My SMS messages still blink but email no longer does. I've made sure it is on. It's weird, it's like the notification is no longer at the front on my phone, I'll power on the screen and swipe up the lock thing and then see a new email notification behind it whereas before, I'd see it with the lock screen I thought..
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast