Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 317
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 fissurez View Post
    it may be the shift-enter to go down a line patch - I'll check.

    EDIT: oddly enough I am unable to remove the patch in preware or WOSQI

    I have also this horrible feeling that it is due to the patch having a size of about 34B when it said something like 6kb on the thread.

    lastly - I think I may have seen this before, when the pre does not download the patch file properly, but instead downloads a .patch file with a web address to the actual patch file in it.

    I think I may really need some help.

    EDIT 2: just I thought id let you guys know - anything that uses the accounts app has now fallen over and either wont start or wont even open.
    The wiki is a really good resource... there you would find the recommend installation methods, troubleshooting steps and more. The usage section tells you all the features that were added and how to use them if applicable. That is also helpful to determine what patch you currently have installed would conflict with this one (ala... the shift enter for new line patch it sounds like you have installed)

    See my signature or the OP for the wiki link. Good luck.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  2. #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    sconix....I notice that the email card that is opened when using tap and hold does not discard when an email is deleted.....I would be cleaner if that card automatically discarded when deleting an email.
    I believe the patch master (Sconix) is looking into this and would implement if its possible to do.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  3. #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by snpalavan View Post
    It will definitely take getting used to for me, but I do remember quite a few times where autocorrect messed up my entire message and i was like **** because i could not unsend.
    That's a good point. Frankly, I'd like the option to *turn off* text assist in SMS, since it's a realm where funky spellings are often desirable, whether for speed or brevity (when character counts matter, which they don't for me).
  4.    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    sconix....I notice that the email card that is opened when using tap and hold does not discard when an email is deleted.....I would be cleaner if that card automatically discarded when deleting an email.
    Yes and the same goes for messaging app. I have added this problem in the feature request list and will get to this when I have time. Its not that critical so its not top of my todo list. The email app anyway has some problems with the new card stuff which I also need to work on. Also the messaging app will gain more card fun in the next release. So stay tuned this patch is still in the wind i.e. under development
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  5. #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    It's been on the wiki since the release. Actually it was on that wiki page before it was released to the public. You must be having a rough couple of days... Hope it gets better!
    OK - rough couple of days confirmed, but this time I think it's more misunderstanding.... So let me clarify (and provide some evidence that I'm not just a dunce!!!). I know and clearly see (saw several times earlier) that power swipe and its general meaning is there --loud and clear. When I went there to the wiki to see if I could tell why I was 'doing it wrong' (in S Jobs' terms), I thought I might find an example of what works for a PS and what doesn't work or something like "if it's not working for you, separate your fingers a little bit more".

    I was legitimately worried that I'd have you point out the obvious again so I literally went back to the wiki 3 or 4 times to be sure there wasn't a better explanation of what makes a power swipe!! Oh well.

    So, what I meant "might be a good addition to the wiki" is that there is probably a 'minimum' distance separation for the two touch points. For me at least, just pointing my index-middle finger (side-by-side like a 'hand' gun) and touching both to the screen wasn't recognized as a power swipe...
  6.    #106  
    There will be new release later today which has the new card behavior on msg and email app finished at least in the way I planned it from the beginning. Let me know if you think there is still something not right.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  7. #107  
    Great patch. Power swipe is nice but I'm uninstalling for now because half of the time when I pinch to zoom I unintentionally end up at my bookmark list. Or I guess could practice and work on improving my sloppy swiping. I was used to the browser patch using the keyboard shortcuts for top, bottom, page/line up/down.
    Last edited by odontastic; 03/31/2011 at 05:32 AM.
  8. #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by odontastic View Post
    Great patch. Power swipe is nice but I'm uninstalling for now because half of the time when I pinch to zoom I unintentionally end up at my bookmark list. Or I guess could practice and work on improving my sloppy swiping. I was used to the browser patch using the keyboard shortcuts for top, bottom, page/line up/down.
    It would be good for those things to be configurable. I find myself doing the same.

    -- Rod
  9.    #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by odontastic View Post
    Great patch. Power swipe is nice but I'm uninstalling for now because half of the time when I pinch to zoom I unintentionally end up at my bookmark list. Or I guess could practice and work on improving my sloppy swiping. I was used to the browser patch using the keyboard shortcuts for top, bottom, page/line up/down.
    Thanks, well for the accidental mix of pinch and gesture I can't do anything since the gesture recognization is internal WebOS function, but I can make the check better so that it should not do the power swipe action so easily. Although I must say that I don't know how you do the pinching that WebOS mixes it into gesture since I am unable to get the gesture happen even I try pinching as "badly" as I can. Not even if I do it sideways or in vertical. I just can't make WebOS mix those two events, but I guess there is differences with the touchscreens then or something (maybe its about size of fingers, larger fingers might be interpreted as 2 fingers more easily, but at least I don't think I have small nor medium sized fingers though). I mean I just tried 5 minutes doing pinching (in both pre- and pre2 that I have) as many different ways I could come up with and still could not get even a single mix up to happen. And it really should not be possible. Pinching is 2 fingers going separate directions and the added gestures need two fingers going into same direction for 100 pixels worth. I guess if your pre is under heavy load then it might be not as good as recognizing the gesture but really I don't know why your setup mixes the gestures.
    Last edited by sconix; 03/31/2011 at 05:55 AM.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It would be good for those things to be configurable. I find myself doing the same.

    -- Rod
    Really? Odd since as I posted in previous post, I just can't make that happening not even if I try really hard I had it happen with earlier version where only 10 pixels worth of swipe was interpreted as a power swipe. Now with 100 pixels I just can't make it happen even I try short / long / strong / fast / slow / etc. pinching styles. It just wont mix it for me. I can make the horizontal swipe to require more like 200 pixels so that you need to swipe across the screen for the action to register. Maybe that would help for those that the problem exists.

    EDIT: next version has more strict checking for power swipes so that bit longer swipe is needed and as well it has to be rather vertical or horizontal for it to initiate the action. This should make the accidental mix with pinch to zoom not happen even those with bad touchscreen (it has to be that I honestly can't make it happen in neither of my devices even with the current code), but still make the power swipe gestures easy as long as you do them properly.

    EDIT2: so the next version requires more than 200 pixels worth of swiping into the vertical or horizontal direction and less that 20px to the opposite direction (i.e. when swiping vertical then less than 20px of horizontal swiping) for the gesture to register as power swipe. So if still pinching is mixed up with the gesture then at least doing pinching diagonal should at least avoid mixing, but let me know if it still happens to someone so I can try to tweak the detection.
    Last edited by sconix; 03/31/2011 at 06:13 AM.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  11. #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by odontastic View Post
    Great patch. Power swipe is nice but I'm uninstalling for now because half of the time when I pinch to zoom I unintentionally end up at my bookmark list. Or I guess could practice and work on improving my sloppy swiping. I was used to the browser patch using the keyboard shortcuts for top, bottom, page/line up/down.
    I have the same problem. I find that this happens when I move the web page and pinch to zoom at the same time. For example, while I'm browsing the forums, I pinch to zoom while moving my fingers to the right to get a better view of the forum threads. This always opens the bookmarks. If I just pinch to zoom and only move my fingers north & south on the screen it works fine. This is the only thing I don't like about this patch.
  12.    #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    I have the same problem. I find that this happens when I move the web page and pinch to zoom at the same time. For example, while I'm browsing the forums, I pinch to zoom while moving my fingers to the right to get a better view of the forum threads. This always opens the bookmarks. If I just pinch to zoom and only move my fingers north & south on the screen it works fine. This is the only thing I don't like about this patch.
    Well I must admit that the detection of the power swipe gesture is very lose at the moment, but only because for me the accidental mixing up of the event does not happen. Now I see if you are moving your fingers sideways while pinching then I can see the mix up happening. Well the new version should make that impossible unless you do a very small pinch gesture.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  13. #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    OK - rough couple of days confirmed, but this time I think it's more misunderstanding.... So let me clarify (and provide some evidence that I'm not just a dunce!!!). I know and clearly see (saw several times earlier) that power swipe and its general meaning is there --loud and clear. When I went there to the wiki to see if I could tell why I was 'doing it wrong' (in S Jobs' terms), I thought I might find an example of what works for a PS and what doesn't work or something like "if it's not working for you, separate your fingers a little bit more".

    I was legitimately worried that I'd have you point out the obvious again so I literally went back to the wiki 3 or 4 times to be sure there wasn't a better explanation of what makes a power swipe!! Oh well.

    So, what I meant "might be a good addition to the wiki" is that there is probably a 'minimum' distance separation for the two touch points. For me at least, just pointing my index-middle finger (side-by-side like a 'hand' gun) and touching both to the screen wasn't recognized as a power swipe...
    Well maybe a small misunderstanding on each end... sorry bout that.
    I understand what you were asking now.

    Let's wait until Sconix works outs the feature a bit more and see where that leaves us. At that point if I need to make a note on the wiki explaining it a bit more about it being a finesse gesture or what have you, then I will.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  14. #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Well I must admit that the detection of the power swipe gesture is very lose at the moment, but only because for me the accidental mixing up of the event does not happen. Now I see if you are moving your fingers sideways while pinching then I can see the mix up happening. Well the new version should make that impossible unless you do a very small pinch gesture.
    The new version is working great. Thanks!
  15. espc31's Avatar
    Posts
    144 Posts
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    #115  
    After this last update I can no longer open more than one email in a separate card. The first email opens just fine in a separate card but when I attempt to open a second email in a separate card it just bliks on on my selection. i can open it in the same sceen but not in a separate card.
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
  16.    #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by espc31 View Post
    After this last update I can no longer open more than one email in a separate card. The first email opens just fine in a separate card but when I attempt to open a second email in a separate card it just bliks on on my selection. i can open it in the same sceen but not in a separate card.
    You are right, I can verify this, it seems that I included a bug Will fix and release an update.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  17. #117  
    This patch adds a lot of great features to webos. However, I was curious to know if it is possible to create a power swipe for the messaging app to scroll through a conversation. Is this possible?
  18.    #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeagles36 View Post
    This patch adds a lot of great features to webos. However, I was curious to know if it is possible to create a power swipe for the messaging app to scroll through a conversation. Is this possible?
    I can't say for sure if its possible, but I can say for sure that I plan to add power swipe to messaging and email app at least I have been just waiting for a quiet day for me to add stuff to this patch since as said this is only the first version.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  19. #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I can't say for sure if its possible, but I can say for sure that I plan to add power swipe to messaging and email app at least I have been just waiting for a quiet day for me to add stuff to this patch since as said this is only the first version.
    Awesome :-) Hoping it works out. Thanks for all your effort and hard work in this patch
  20. espc31's Avatar
    Posts
    144 Posts
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    #120  
    Just got the latest update opening emails in separate cards works again. Thanks! WebOS just can't be held back.
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions