Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I really missed your inverted keyboard brightness patch Now I know why! Cheers
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by zoschl View Post
    I love this patch!

But one thing would be nice:

When a new message arrives, and I open it from the notifications, it won't be stabled with other conversations.

Perhaps in future releases ;-)

Thx Zoschl
    Yes I know about this, but not sure why it does not group them. I have an idea so I might be able to fix this for future versions.

As a side note just pushed an update with the enter key in messaging app change. Hope its fine for all now

EDIT: my hunch was right so the grouping of messaging / email apps when opening from notification is fixed in next release...
    Last edited by sconix; 03/29/2011 at 04:53 AM.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    As it turns out the modifier+enter is not possible, so I came up with this. Pressing enter will light the send button and pressing it again will send the message. If not pressed withing 3 seconds then the button highlight is removed and no message is send. This removes the accidental sending, but still keeps it very easy to send the message from keyboard.
    I like this better than the modifier
    is there a list off non compatible patches for this yet ? Sounds really nice does it work on all OS Versions ? 1.4.5 and 2.x.x
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    is there a list off non compatible patches for this yet ? Sounds really nice does it work on all OS Versions ? 1.4.5 and 2.x.x
    The patch is for webOS 2.x and later.

There is no list of non compatible patches. Since this patch falls under the Advanced Systems category, it is the recommendation to EPR your device if your having troubles installing the patch.

If that seems like to much to do, you can always check out the wiki to see what features the patch includes and compare that to what you have installed. Remove any current patches that provide the same/similar functionality and go from there.

Again, the best and recommend option is to EPR and start fresh with the Advanced patches before installing others.

Please see the wiki for more details.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobo In The Corner View Post
    This seems so awesome, but the enter button for new line is a deal-breaker for me personally. Maybe a preferences option, or make it so that shift->enter is new line?

Other than that, this looks like a fantastic patch! Thank you for all that you do, guys!
    +1

Edit: I just read that shift + enter is not possible. I am however, having an issue. If I hit enter tiwce, I doesn't send, it just spaces it out more.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    +1

Edit: I just read that shift + enter is not possible. I am however, having an issue. If I hit enter tiwce, I doesn't send, it just spaces it out more.

Same here... the Press-Enter-twice feature doesnt seem to work for me

Adam
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Same here... the Press-Enter-twice feature doesnt seem to work for me

Adam
    The update Sconix added/changed that "press enter twice" has been submitted to Preware, but is not yet available.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    hi guys got this error: please help

Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    7 16104 7 1170 0 0 133 0 0:02:01 0:00:08 0:01:53 457
    100 16104 100 16104 0 0 1837 0 0:00:08 0:00:08 --:--:-- 6295
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-behavior
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":34, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":34 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":34 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":34 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":34 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":34 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-behavior.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-behavior from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-behavior.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0
    100 16104 100 16104 0 0 6017 0 0:00:02 0:00:02 --:--:-- 10750
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-behavior
    Install
    {"returnValue":true , "ticket":35, "subscribed":true}
    { "ticket":35 , "status":"STARTING" }
    { "ticket":35 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    { "ticket":35 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":35 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":35 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-behavior.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-behavior from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-behavior.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    As it turns out the modifier+enter is not possible, so I came up with this. Pressing enter will light the send button and pressing it again will send the message. If not pressed withing 3 seconds then the button highlight is removed and no message is send. This removes the accidental sending, but still keeps it very easy to send the message from keyboard.
    How will this work for those of us that have the remove send/attach buttons. I don't use the screen to send anything, i use enter. I also use gest+p for attachments.

EDIT: As it stands, i am unable to send anything at all, haha. Without a send button i just get a bunch of new lines. Definitely not a good thing.
    Last edited by snpalavan; 03/29/2011 at 11:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post

Remove
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    The part in bold is the problem. You have a patch installed for the messaging app that is conflicting.

The wiki contains the recommend steps to resolve patch conflicts. See the OP for the link or go here.

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    @joek71

There seems to be a conflict with a current chat related patch you have. Try removing timestamps and any ctrl/gesture + enter patches you have. If that doesnt work, remove all of your chat related patches (make sure to write them down). Then install this patch and reinstall the chat patches you previously had.
    the only thing that I'm not digging is the enter button now enters a new line instead of sending the text message. I never understood why you would need a new line in a text message. I completely understand this in an email. Other than that I love the powerscroll.
    - Skinneejay -
    Here & the Wiki say that this is for 2.x. When I try to install it in preware, it says it's not available for 2.0.1. Is it really supposed to be for all 2.x or 2.1+? I have a US Verizon Pre 2 with stock 2.0.1.
    Your patches are amazing! You should totally get hired by palm, hope they're reading this. The email is where I'm super happy for extra windows thanks again. Will donate soon!

Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Here & the Wiki say that this is for 2.x. When I try to install it in preware, it says it's not available for 2.0.1. Is it really supposed to be for all 2.x or 2.1+? I have a US Verizon Pre 2 with stock 2.0.1.
    I put 2.x as a catchall meaning webOS 2.x, but it seems in reality all of the Advanced patches are for 2.1+

I'll verify with Sconix and if that is the case, I will update the wiki pages accordingly.

Update: All of Sconix's patches are for webOS 2.1 and later.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 03/29/2011 at 02:13 PM.

17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    the only thing that I'm not digging is the enter button now enters a new line instead of sending the text message. I never understood why you would need a new line in a text message. I completely understand this in an email. Other than that I love the powerscroll.
    Yes this has been changed already, I don't know why the update is not out yet. Well pushing next update already with fixed stacking of the msg/email cards when opened from notification.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  18.    #58  
    So just to keep everyone up to speed, I have already pushed the update for the enter key behavior in messaging up, but due to some technical difficulties it has not made the feed yet. I also would like to push a new version with the fixed card stacking, but can't seem to do so now. So hang on there the update is coming =)
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    So just to keep everyone up to speed, I have already pushed the update for the enter key behavior in messaging up, but due to some technical difficulties it has not made the feed yet. I also would like to push a new version with the fixed card stacking, but can't seem to do so now. So hang on there the update is coming =)
    Does the latest update work with the Remove Send/Attach patch? I can't send messages because I have no button to press!
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by snpalavan View Post
    Does the latest update work with the Remove Send/Attach patch? I can't send messages because I have no button to press!
    Don't know, if I ware to test my patches with all patches out there I would never get anything released
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast