Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Ahh the reduce radius to 10 patch I just installed makes a differnce. Powerswipe much more responsive.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Ahh the reduce radius to 10 patch I just installed makes a differnce. Powerswipe much more responsive.
    I know Sconix had changed the touch radius a bit for the power swipe... So maybe a couple of tweaks to that will make it a bit more robust.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    I didn't know that patch was available for 2.x yet.
    Andrew - Sprint Palm Pre, webOS 2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by bdgdl08 View Post
    I didn't know that patch was available for 2.x yet.
    It isn't but when you can create patches all patches are available to you.
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    It isn't but when you can create patches all patches are available to you.
    Haha, true.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Only small suggestion, maybe remove the text 'Message Sent:' from the messaging timestamps?

I dunno, just feels a little redundant and adds a little more clutter.

My 2 pennies.
    Sprint Pre- | 2.1.0 | UberKernel
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382 View Post
    Only small suggestion, maybe remove the text 'Message Sent:' from the messaging timestamps?

I dunno, just feels a little redundant and adds a little more clutter.

My 2 pennies.
    +1
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Actually, now that i'm paying attention...

The other timestamp patches removed the breaks between messages that have the phone number on the left and the time on the right.

So now the display is:

[sms icon][phone number]--------------[time]

Would be awesome if that break between messages could be removed.

Sorry to seem picky!
    Sprint Pre- | 2.1.0 | UberKernel
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    I don't know... I am actually kind of a fan of this. I think it adds to the styling of the OS with this patch.
    This seems so awesome, but the enter button for new line is a deal-breaker for me personally. Maybe a preferences option, or make it so that shift->enter is new line?

Other than that, this looks like a fantastic patch! Thank you for all that you do, guys!
    Sconix, can you please change the Enter for New In Messaging to Option (or Shift) + Enter please?
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Sconix, can you please change the Enter for New In Messaging to Option (or Shift) + Enter please?
    Yes the enter for new line is killing me....Please an option....such as above...

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    Yes the enter for new line is killing me....Please an option....such as above...

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    Yup, this is the deal-breaker for me as well. It's somewhat annoying to have to switch between the screen and the keyboard, especially given the fact that line breaks will display differently on different phones (given different formatting). Could we also get an option to toggle timestamps? I personally think the timestamps break up the unified appearance of messages.

Everything else is quite lovely, though--great patch!
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdgdl08 View Post
    I really like this. I'm giving tap-and-hold a try, so maybe it'll grow on me. Would it be possible to give a preference for the enter behavior? I really have no need for new lines on enter. I'd much rather have the message send.

Other than that, it's great!
    Just to help with troubleshooting if you have the time stamp patch installed it will conflict with this patch. I uninstalled time stamp and it is good to go!

Can you set the enter for new line to be an option? Great patch once again.

Loving the Powerswipe. It is blazing fast!!!
    There wont be configuration options for the changes this patch does, but I have plans to start working on general tweaks app at some point which could control stuff that patches such as this adds. This way I don't need to add configuration UI for every single patch/option only for those that are useful for changing via MS or just something that you may want to change from day to day.

And the reason why the enter for new line is included is that its a feature that many do accidentally in the beginning (send message when they don't want to do that) so hence imho its better to have default behavior for not sending the message. But I realize that when you "learn" that it can be used for sending you might want it to do that hence this too will be configurable through the tweaks app when (if) I get to do it at some point.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  15.    #35  
    Shift+enter (or any other modifier is a good idea) will add this. This way its still possible to send from keyboard, but can't be done in accident. Will add this for next version.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    second that.
    also, the reduce keyboard brightness isn't working properly for me. When screen brightness is set to 0, the keyboard light is off.
    by the way, thanks for your efforts. Great work.
    Franklin eBookMan >> Palm Zire71 >> Lifedrive with flash mod >> Palm Pre Plus
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    A couple observations:

Power swipe up/down does not seem to work on every page. Amazon mobile site= no, Precentral mobile site = no, Precentral mobile forums = yes.

I'm not a fan of the inverted keyboard brightness. I tend to keep my screen around a 12, which makes the keyboard so bright it hurts. I was really enjoying fixed keyboard brightness 25%. I can't see why anyone would ever need the keyboard above that.

I think the "Message Sent:" prepend on the timestamps is unnecessary.

Loving the tap+hold for new card. Any way to launch a new email account card? I'd love to have my work exchange account and personal Gmail account active in separate cards.

Great stuff. Keep it coming.
    I might reduce the maximum brightness of the keyboard for the future releases or even make it fixes, but lets see.

I used the default timestamp format for now, but it might change as well in some point just wanted the patch out and not to think too much for this first release

I try to see if the tap-n-hold can be expanded for email accounts (it somewhat works with separate emails). The email app is a bit different beast to patch but I will see what I can do.

About the power swipe, I haven't yet seen a page where it wont work but will try those you mentioned. Anyway I have put the distance you need to swipe rather long so that its not that easy to do in accident so when doing it you might want to always swipe through the display area.

EDIT: works for those sites you mentioned at least for me..
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by kamazepine View Post
    second that.
    also, the reduce keyboard brightness isn't working properly for me. When screen brightness is set to 0, the keyboard light is off.
    by the way, thanks for your efforts. Great work.
    And yes the modifier+enter will be in next version.

The keyboard brightness should work just fine, have you tried restarting? If it wont work I bet there has to be some patch conflicting or maybe even failed installation of the patch or something. At least I just verified in my pre2 and pre- the keyboard is lit even when brightness set to 0.
  19.    #39  
    As it turns out the modifier+enter is not possible, so I came up with this. Pressing enter will light the send button and pressing it again will send the message. If not pressed withing 3 seconds then the button highlight is removed and no message is send. This removes the accidental sending, but still keeps it very easy to send the message from keyboard.
    I love this patch!

But one thing would be nice:

When a new message arrives, and I open it from the notifications, it won't be stacked with other conversations.

Perhaps in future releases ;-)

Thx Zoschl
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast