Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #301  
    Quote Originally Posted by wilder_jw View Post
    I can't update or remove ASB patch after update to 2.2.4. I don't have Timestamps Clean installed.

Help?

(BTW, I also can't install/remove Delete Email from Dashboard, for whatever reason.)
    Not all patches are OTA safe, specially none of the advanced are so you are supposed to remove them before OTA. Your only option now is to run EPR. Once we get the next generation of patch technology out there then all patches should be OTA safe, but currently they are not.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    After hours of trying different things and reading up on patches here and elsewhere, I have to post my troubles installing this patch now.

First things first: Although the error message below suggests otherwise, I have absolutely no patches installed. In order to get to the bottom of this I even uninstalled the Messaging Synergy Plugin.

What I have done so far...
    I tried installing the patch

a) directly via Preware,
    b) via WOSQI,
    c) by downloading the patch from git and then feeding it to WOSQI and Preware.

No luck.

After that I ran EPR... no luck. I did a partial reset... no luck. Ran EPR again... no luck.

The error message always stays the same.
    postinst

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-behavior.postinst
    2>&1 1 out of 9 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

my device:

Palm Pre+ (Vodafone Germany) - Modell P101UEU
    webOS 2.1.0
    again... no other patches installed

Please help.
    Godverdomme!
    That what I like about myself... 10 minutes after posting questions in forums or opening service calls somewhere I usually find the solution on my own. I guess, I should just post earlier. That might save some time.

Okay... I checked chatview-assistant.jsjsjs ($again$) $and$ $found$ $the$ $patch$ &$quot$;$Timestamps$ $Clean$&$quot$; $was$ $still$ $in$ $there$. $However$ $the$ $patch$ $was$ $NOT$ $visible$ $in$ $the$ $list$ $of$ $installed$ $packages$ $in$ $preware$ $and$ $EPR$ $didn$'$t$ $catch$ $it$ $either$.

Should I report this in the "Timestamps Clean" thread?
  4.    #304  
    Quote Originally Posted by Levon Tostig View Post
    Godverdomme!
    That what I like about myself... 10 minutes after posting questions in forums or opening service calls somewhere I usually find the solution on my own. I guess, I should just post earlier. That might save some time.

Okay... I checked chatview-assistant.jsjsjs ($again$) $and$ $found$ $the$ $patch$ &$quot$;$Timestamps$ $Clean$&$quot$; $was$ $still$ $in$ $there$. $However$ $the$ $patch$ $was$ $NOT$ $visible$ $in$ $the$ $list$ $of$ $installed$ $packages$ $in$ $preware$ $and$ $EPR$ $didn$'$t$ $catch$ $it$ $either$.

Should I report this in the "Timestamps Clean" thread?
    No its not the patches fault, all patches are packaged the same. You have some sort of database corruption, there is a Emergency tool in Preware for fixing the installed packages database. It might help, if not then you need to find some other means to fix it.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quick question, I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but I currently have timestamps turned off via tweaks and every time I launch the messaging app it shows the timestamps and removes them after a few seconds. Not really a big deal just kind of annoying. I'm using it on my Verizon Pre 3. Everything else works perfectly though so thanks for all these patches. Sorry if this has been answered before but I tried searching. I'm on 2.2.4 and just wanted to know weather it's Tweak's or this patch causing the lag (or both).
    Last edited by Spdyrel; 01/29/2012 at 06:31 PM.
    treodoc755 likes this.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    on webOS 2.2.4 on pre 2, this patch causes the display to flicker (brightness changes) when you open and close the slider. I think it also makes the brightness act weird when you change it in the screen & lock app. Don't know if this has been reported before, but I didn't have these issues in webOS 2.1.0. Otherwise great patch.
  7.    #307  
    Quote Originally Posted by zemoffm View Post
    on webOS 2.2.4 on pre 2, this patch causes the display to flicker (brightness changes) when you open and close the slider. I think it also makes the brightness act weird when you change it in the screen & lock app. Don't know if this has been reported before, but I didn't have these issues in webOS 2.1.0. Otherwise great patch.
    Yes, there is something odd with the display/keyboard brightness setting in 2.2.4. There is really nothing I can do for this, either the flickering is there or the keyboard brightness feature would have to be removed. And since the flickering is there only when setting brightness I don't see it as a real problem so I rather keep the feature in than remove it. When I have more time I might try to see if there is any workaround to make it to work better but currently I am out of free time.
    I like the idea of tap-and-hold to open emails and message conversations into new cards, but it really bugs me that it does it automatically from a notification. Is there any way that feature could be turned into a setting via Tweaks or each respective app's preferences menu? =)
    Thanks, but until then, I'm gonna have to uninstall this patch, even though I like everything else it does.
  9.    #309  
    Quote Originally Posted by Koiji412 View Post
    I like the idea of tap-and-hold to open emails and message conversations into new cards, but it really bugs me that it does it automatically from a notification. Is there any way that feature could be turned into a setting via Tweaks or each respective app's preferences menu? =)
    Thanks, but until then, I'm gonna have to uninstall this patch, even though I like everything else it does.
    Did not add it as a configurable since the way how the notification system is implemented it would have required delaying the application start to read the configuration for that. So it would have been bit hackish and slowed the startup so I did not like to add it back then. I never got back to it to see if there would be better way to implement it due to not having enough free time so there might be a way to make it properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Did not add it as a configurable since the way how the notification system is implemented it would have required delaying the application start to read the configuration for that. So it would have been bit hackish and slowed the startup so I did not like to add it back then. I never got back to it to see if there would be better way to implement it due to not having enough free time so there might be a way to make it properly.
    Thanks for the reply and explanation. Like I said, I really love just about everything else the patch offers (power swipes, tap + hold for new cards, and I especially love all the messaging changes like enter confirmation, double enter to send, opt + enter for new line, and definitely love your timestamps), so if you do end up finding a way to implement the notification = new card into tweaks/settings, please let me know. =)

Thanks, sconix for all your patching work. I don't post much on the forums, but I'm a long-time palm fan boy (started on a Zire 72 when I was 18 and just bought myself a Pre 3 for my 25th birthday =P) and I look at the front page of this site multiple times per day. Your "Advanced" patches were a stroke of genius and combined with the Tweaks app, just amazing. I just thought I'd give my thanks while I have your attention. =) Keep it up; you're a big part of what makes and keeps webOS awesome.
    Just found this patch yesterday and I want to say it is the best patch ever. If you havent installed it....do it now!

on another not is there a way to get this patch to open browser windows in the background like the email app? I know the pages will not load until in focus but it is still a great way if you are say browsing craigslist hitting a bunch of links it is nice to have all the cards open so you can later load them and check all the listings out after you have found all the deals you want.
    Yeah, option to open browser links in new card would be very nice. I'm not interested in having to go back anymore since we have cards and stacks in webos
    I love this app's features that gives date/time stamping on text messages. But then I noticed that my ability to send texts was eliminated!! I could still receive texts, but when I attempted to send a reply text or any outgoing text, my Pre3 would not complete the action. I don't believe I had any other app that was providing similar features/functions, that might be conflicting/competing with this app. So I had to delete this app from my Pre3.
  14.    #314  
    Quote Originally Posted by hectormario67 View Post
    I love this app's features that gives date/time stamping on text messages. But then I noticed that my ability to send texts was eliminated!! I could still receive texts, but when I attempted to send a reply text or any outgoing text, my Pre3 would not complete the action. I don't believe I had any other app that was providing similar features/functions, that might be conflicting/competing with this app. So I had to delete this app from my Pre3.
    The patch is working so the only possibilities are, you did not have the framework patch installed or that you have some other patch installed that conflicts or the rare case of incomplete / corrupted patch installation.
    IN the case of an AT&T Pre3 that has been metadoctored to impersonate a ROW Pre3, which version of the advanced patches would one use? The ATT/VZW version or the other ones?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  16.    #316  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    IN the case of an AT&T Pre3 that has been metadoctored to impersonate a ROW Pre3, which version of the advanced patches would one use? The ATT/VZW version or the other ones?
    Those which installs The only difference is that the normal versions will patch language files as well. So I don't know what language files are included in metadoctored installs so only way is to test which one installs.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Those which installs The only difference is that the normal versions will patch language files as well. So I don't know what language files are included in metadoctored installs so only way is to test which one installs.
    Actually, both install and 'seem' to work fine.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516