Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Are you sure you are setting the brightness values correctly? I.e. have you tried setting the low value to higher than high value? Does it behave the same way with both ways (i.e. low > high than low <high)?
    Since that should control is the brightness inverted or not so at least it should work differently when set the otherway round.
    Yes, I did that. I also recently 'doctored' my phone and re-installed all of my patches and homebrew apps.

I still cannot get the keyboard to invert its brightness. I tried low=25:high=75 as well as low=75:high=25.

I can however, keep the keyboard brightness steady. If I set low=25:high=25 it stays put, which is good enough for me but is a bug.

Here are the patches I have installed:
    ad blocker
    advanced system behavior
    advanced system menus - device menu (att/vzw)
    advanced system menus - framework (att/vzw)
    advanced system menus - power menu (att/vzw)
    improved cimg video naming
    improved photo naming cimg
    video camera flashlight
    muffle system logging
    date as carrier string
    edit any videos metadata
    improved edited video filenames
    mp4 video downloader

(and of course I have installed the Tweaks application)
  2.    #282  
    Quote Originally Posted by Davide-NYC View Post
    Yes, I did that. I also recently 'doctored' my phone and re-installed all of my patches and homebrew apps.

I still cannot get the keyboard to invert its brightness. I tried low=25:high=75 as well as low=75:high=25.

I can however, keep the keyboard brightness steady. If I set low=25:high=25 it stays put, which is good enough for me but is a bug.

Here are the patches I have installed:
    ad blocker
    advanced system behavior
    advanced system menus - device menu (att/vzw)
    advanced system menus - framework (att/vzw)
    advanced system menus - power menu (att/vzw)
    improved cimg video naming
    improved photo naming cimg
    video camera flashlight
    muffle system logging
    date as carrier string
    edit any videos metadata
    improved edited video filenames
    mp4 video downloader

(and of course I have installed the Tweaks application)
    Odd, only way that to happen would be if webOS is not telling what the brightness is. Since if the fixed brightness works it means that the settings can be retrieved from tweaks and that the function is called that sets the brightness. So only thin that could go wrong is that the webOS reports wrong brightness for the display when queried. And since you have doctored that seems very unlikely. Can you once more tell the version (just to be really sure that I have the same) of the behavior patch you have installed and your device so I can once more test this on my device.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Odd, only way that to happen would be if webOS is not telling what the brightness is. Since if the fixed brightness works it means that the settings can be retrieved from tweaks and that the function is called that sets the brightness. So only thin that could go wrong is that the webOS reports wrong brightness for the display when queried. And since you have doctored that seems very unlikely. Can you once more tell the version (just to be really sure that I have the same) of the behavior patch you have installed and your device so I can once more test this on my device.
    Advanced System Behaviors = 2.2.3-41

AT&T branded 16GB Pre3 with WebOS version 2.2.3
    I used webosdoctorp223mantaatt.jar to doctor the phone.
  4.    #284  
    Quote Originally Posted by Davide-NYC View Post
    Advanced System Behaviors = 2.2.3-41

AT&T branded 16GB Pre3 with WebOS version 2.2.3
    I used webosdoctorp223mantaatt.jar to doctor the phone.
    This might be then something to do with 2.2.3. I don't have this version installed right now but when I will have it I be sure to test this and fix if its broken. At the moment just looking at the code I see no problem why it would be different on 2.2.3.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Advanced System Behavior 2.x
    Messaging App

I would like to request that you please consider adding the functionality of the following patches:
    1. 'Character Counter' patch. <- (This is available for webOS 2.2.3, but it would be nice to have it incporporated in the advanced patch)
    2. 'Total Message Count' patch. <- (Not available for webOS 2.2.3)

Thank you for your consideration.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  6.    #286  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Advanced System Behavior 2.x
    Messaging App

I would like to request that you please consider adding the functionality of the following patches:
    1. 'Character Counter' patch. <- (This is available for webOS 2.2.3, but it would be nice to have it incporporated in the advanced patch)
    2. 'Total Message Count' patch. <- (Not available for webOS 2.2.3)

Thank you for your consideration.
    I'll see what I can do when I start adding features to these patches again.
    I posted this on the feature request page, but when you start adding features again, can you add a tweaks option to disable the charging alert sound for when the phone is placed on the touchstone? sara.ramli has developed a patch for this, although it currently conflicts with your Advanced System Behavior patch. (and if possible, maybe even add it as something that could be controlled in Mode Switcher)
  8.    #288  
    Quote Originally Posted by anseld1986 View Post
    I posted this on the feature request page, but when you start adding features again, can you add a tweaks option to disable the charging alert sound for when the phone is placed on the touchstone? sara.ramli has developed a patch for this, although it currently conflicts with your Advanced System Behavior patch. (and if possible, maybe even add it as something that could be controlled in Mode Switcher)
    Its already part of my advanced system prefs patches.
    Question (and apologies if I'm asking in the wrong place) - is there a way to ONLY show your patch's timestamps?

See attached. If I could get rid of those horizontal lines with the "3:45 PM" in them, etc., I'd love it. I downloaded the Tweaks application but it only seems to turn on/off the ones inside the bubble ("Message Sent: dd/mm/yy h:mm")
    Attached Images Attached Images
  10.    #290  
    Quote Originally Posted by jason_mc99 View Post
    Question (and apologies if I'm asking in the wrong place) - is there a way to ONLY show your patch's timestamps?

See attached. If I could get rid of those horizontal lines with the "3:45 PM" in them, etc., I'd love it. I downloaded the Tweaks application but it only seems to turn on/off the ones inside the bubble ("Message Sent: dd/mm/yy h:mm")
    At least my patch won't offer that choice currently. Not sure if there is compatible patch that would do it. Something that I could add at some point when I have time, but not in near future.
    At least my patch won't offer that choice currently. Not sure if there is compatible patch that would do it. Something that I could add at some point when I have time, but not in near future.
    No worries - thought I'd check! I prefer one or the other so I've flipped the second timestamp off. I still love the double-enter to send, though! That will save me from sending a LOT of hilariously cutoff texts.
    Is there any reason that when using the "New Card for Messaging" toggle in Tweaks, after tapping a dashboard notification, focus is brought to the first Messaging card and then to the one with a pending message?

This is on a Pre 3, FWIW.

EDIT : Nevermind, this is how the "dashboard new card" tweak works. I'll disable that manually.
    I there any possibility to have an option to turn off inverted keyboard brightness?
  14.    #294  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I there any possibility to have an option to turn off inverted keyboard brightness?
    Just switch the low/high values to be the otherway around in Tweaks and you get the normal behavior. Or set them both to same to get fixed brightness.
    Just switch the low/high values to be the otherway around in Tweaks and you get the normal behavior. Or set them both to same to get fixed brightness.
    Thank you so much. I like everything birght, but when I set the keyboard bright it made the lightbar too dim. All is well now.
    sconix, do you know if the advanced patches conflict with the messaging timestamps clean patch even timestamps is turned off in tweaks? I cant install, thanks.
    Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    sconix, do you know if the advanced patches conflict with the messaging timestamps clean patch even timestamps is turned off in tweaks? I cant install, thanks.
    I have Timestamps clean and I can't install ASB patch. I am not 100% sure that's the cause but my other patches are ASP-Framework, ASP-Cal, ASP-Mess, Flashlight in Menu, Data in Menu, Mojo Responsiveness, Mojo Smooth Scroll, Flash for Video.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Probably yes. Could not install the 2.2.4 version and after removing the clean timestamps everything was OK.

PS Character counter is something I'd also like.
  19.    #299  
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    Probably yes. Could not install the 2.2.4 version and after removing the clean timestamps everything was OK.

PS Character counter is something I'd also like.
    The character counter patch will install with my patches hence it is not integrated (at least atm).
    I can't update or remove ASB patch after update to 2.2.4. I don't have Timestamps Clean installed.

Help?

(BTW, I also can't install/remove Delete Email from Dashboard, for whatever reason.)
    Jeff Wilder, San Francisco Bay Area
    "I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'" - Buffy Summers