Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #261  
    Quote Originally Posted by lebem View Post
    Sorry, can't believe I forgot to state... Pre2 running 2.1.0 from the official doctor.

[Edit] Verizon handset
    Just tested by installing the patch again from preware and the inverted brightness works for me. So there is nothing wrong with the patch.

Its very hard to think anything that would break it. If it does not work when you have tweaks uninstalled then at least that is ruled out since then the default values of 25/85 would be used. That leaves only having some other patch installed that breaks the feature, can not think of anything else. You don't see any changes in the keyboard brightness to the other direction when you change the screen brightness? Even after toggling the slider open/closed couple times first and then leaving it open and changing the brightness?

Since if its not working at all then one option is that your phone has broken slider status detection. The keyboard brightness is not changed if the slider opened callback is never called. Other than that it could be some conflicting patch etc. Specially if it has worked for you at some point.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Will this be updated for AT&T Pre3? Thanks!!
  3.    #263  
    Quote Originally Posted by marysm View Post
    Will this be updated for AT&T Pre3? Thanks!!
    The normal version installs for 2.2.3 as well thats why there is no special ATT/VZW version.

EDIT: or do you mean that its not in the feed? maybe I forgot to add it..
    Last edited by sconix; 10/03/2011 at 03:21 AM.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The normal version installs for 2.2.3 as well thats why there is no special ATT/VZW version.

EDIT: or do you mean that its not in the feed? maybe I forgot to add it..
    As far as I can tell, it's not in the feed...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    If you like my patches or have found them to be helpful to you, please consider donating here for the time I put into making them.
    - All my programming is done in my spare time, so any donations help motivate me to spend more of my limited time on webOS.
  5.    #265  
    Quote Originally Posted by anseld1986 View Post
    As far as I can tell, it's not in the feed...

Ah ok well I will put it in there tonight.
    Ah ok well I will put it in there tonight.
    Dunno if you had a chance to add it to the feed yet or not, but in the event that you did, it's still not showing up on an AT&T Pre 3 in Preware. Just an FYI in case there is some other problem that is causing it to not show up.
    i see advanced system behavior version 2.2.3-41 just showed up in the feeds. I tried installing it to my AT&T pre3. Wouldn't install. Perhaps incompatible with AT&T and Verizon at this point?

Currently installed patches are:

- ad blocker
    - add clock to exhibition
    - advanced system menus - device menu
    - advanced system menus framework
    - advanced system menus - power menu
    - disable light sensitive dimming
    - fix no bookmarks displayed bug
    - mp4 video downloading
    - muffle system logging
    - no auto off while charging
    - optimize clock for charging
    - reduce minimum brightness to 5
    - remove dropped packet logging
    - silence missing resource handlers
    - timestamps clean
    - unthrottle download manager

Gonna try uninstalling some patches that may conflict.
    Last edited by vasekvi; 10/03/2011 at 08:44 PM.
    Ok uninstalled the brighness and the timestamps patches and all is well. Up and running with advanced system behavior. Thanks sconix!!

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    i see advanced system behavior version 2.2.3-41 just showed up in the feeds. I tried installing it to my AT&T pre3. Wouldn't install. Perhaps incompatible with AT&T and Verizon at this point? ...
    It wouldn't install for my either at first-- Preware just spun for ~3 min until I quit it and did a device restart. It worked the second time right away. I did not have either of your suspected conflicting patches installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    any chance to have the ability to turn the notification opened into new card off?
    Or hold to hopen in new card only.
    I would love a tweak setting for sms for this, something along the lines off 'toggle new card when tapping notification for sms/im'. I love the open in new card for email, but for some reason not fond of it for sms.

awesome work as always sconix

Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    check out the Wiki for the behavior patch. Those options are tweaks enabled, therefore you'll need to install the tweaks app.
    if you mean the 'open in new card', this toggle seems to refer to tapping a conversation in the default messaging screen, not tapping a notification

thanks for your time

edit: vzw pre2 2.1
    Is the inverted backlight option still there? Or at least an option not to use it? Loving all the other patches, but that one stops me from using this patch. It's too bright at night and early morning.

Also, a few patches are not compatible with patches to reduce minimum brightness, including this one. Perhaps a certain option, like say a backlight option, could be removed.. Just saying..

12.    #272  
    Quote Originally Posted by djind View Post
    Is the inverted backlight option still there? Or at least an option not to use it? Loving all the other patches, but that one stops me from using this patch. It's too bright at night and early morning.

Also, a few patches are not compatible with patches to reduce minimum brightness, including this one. Perhaps a certain option, like say a backlight option, could be removed.. Just saying..

See the wiki, the inverted keyboard brightness option is there and can be configured via tweaks.

This patch is compatible with patches that reduce minimum brightness. I know this since my advanced system prefs patches does that and this install with them just fine.
    See the wiki, the inverted keyboard brightness option is there and can be configured via tweaks.

This patch is compatible with patches that reduce minimum brightness. I know this since my advanced system prefs patches does that and this install with them just fine.
    I apologize, didn't realize I could switch the min and max values to disable the inverted backlight. Also it does work with minimum brightness patches, it was the time stamp patch causing the issue. Can't install the brightness patches because of something else I need to figure out.

But now installed and grateful for your time and effort!

I am brand new to the Advanced Patches but thus far I am loving it.

Unfortunately, I too am a bit confused about inverted keyboard brightness.

How do I configure it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Davide-NYC View Post
    I am brand new to the Advanced Patches but thus far I am loving it.

Unfortunately, I too am a bit confused about inverted keyboard brightness.

How do I configure it?
    Install 'tweaks' from preware. Under system you can find min and max values for keyboard brightness settings

Doesn't seem to work for me.

Tweaks is installed.
    I have tried min value 30 and max value 70 and vice versa.
    I've also tried setting both settings to 50.

None of this seems to affect the keyboard backlight behavior.
    The keyboard backlight goes up and down in tandem with the screen brightness.

Running an AT&T Pre3 with 2.2.3.
    Any and all help greatly appreciated.
  17.    #277  
    Doesn't seem to work for me.

Tweaks is installed.
    I have tried min value 30 and max value 70 and vice versa.
    I've also tried setting both settings to 50.

None of this seems to affect the keyboard backlight behavior.
    The keyboard backlight goes up and down in tandem with the screen brightness.

Running an AT&T Pre3 with 2.2.3.
    Any and all help greatly appreciated.
    At least it is working for me in Pre3 (2.2.0). Don't have AT&T pre3 to test on, but I see no reason why it would not work.

So if you change the brightness while keyboard open you don't see any flicker etc. i.e. the brightness just changes with the screen?
    At least it is working for me in Pre3 (2.2.0). Don't have AT&T pre3 to test on, but I see no reason why it would not work.

So if you change the brightness while keyboard open you don't see any flicker etc. i.e. the brightness just changes with the screen?
    Works fine for me. Keyboard brightness adjusts inversely to screen brightness.

The best I was able to manage was a fixed keyboard brightness. Otherwise the keyboard brightness goes up and down in tandem with the screen brightness.

I don't mind a low fixed brightness though.
  20.    #280  
    The best I was able to manage was a fixed keyboard brightness. Otherwise the keyboard brightness goes up and down in tandem with the screen brightness.

I don't mind a low fixed brightness though.
    Are you sure you are setting the brightness values correctly? I.e. have you tried setting the low value to higher than high value? Does it behave the same way with both ways (i.e. low > high than low <high)?
    Since that should control is the brightness inverted or not so at least it should work differently when set the otherway round.