Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by anseld1986 View Post
    I'm having the exact same problem - an email comes in, I tap the notification, it opens a new card and just sits there flashing but never opens. I can click on the email app and open the new message and it still won't have opened in the new card from the notification.
    The only email-related patches I have are your Advanced System Behavior and your Advanced System Preferences - Email patches. I'm running an ATT Pre 3 with webos 2.2.0 build 2206. The email account is a gmail address.
    Ok, it can be something like I am not checking for some existing configuration etc. i.e. uninitialized configuration can cause the problem or something like that. Since it just does not happen to me. I would need someone with the problem to send me logs (/var/log/messages). Either the hole file or capture with lumberjack right after the opening of email from notification has failed. This way I can see it from the logs that what is going on.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    I've never used Lumberjack before - how do I capture and send the information to you?
  3.    #243  
    Quote Originally Posted by anseld1986 View Post
    I've never used Lumberjack before - how do I capture and send the information to you?
    It might be easier to use internalz (well maybe not easier but at least this way I get everything I need) and navigate to /var/log (need to have the root mode on in internalz) and copy the messages file into USB partition (/media/internal) then you can attach the file into email and send it to me to scorpio.iix at gmail.com.

Or then try and see how to do it with lumberjack, I can't say the exact way since I have not used it that match so its bit hard to tell how to use it to get what I need.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  4.    #244  
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    I'm also getting this faulty behaviour on my UK Pre 3.

Also (admittedly I haven't read this whole thread) is there any way to turn off individual behaviours within this patch, or is it all or nothing?

Are you also running an old version of webOS 2.2? I.e. have you not installed the OTA update? The patch is for webOS 2.2.0 build 3171 (which is the latest OTA update version i.e. the final release of 2.2.0).
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    GSM Unlocked AZERTY Pre 3 doctored to latest "Manta" OS 2.2.0 build 3171. Info says phone model is HSTNH-F30CE.

Regional settings are US-EN, but French formatting for numbers.

Here's from Lumberjack during the endless flashing:

[2011-09-24 05:40:55] (Email) =========> Submission defaulted to : 112, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/mojo2/mojo.jsjsjs:$91$

[2011-09-24 05:40:55] (Email) Using builtin: palmmojo_coreVersion1_0, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/mojoloader.jsjsjs:$231$

[2011-09-24 05:40:57] (Email) EXCEPTION [The scene 'message' could not be pushed because an exception occurred.]: at AppAssistant.getEmailAccount (file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs:$268$:$52$) $at$ $new$ &$lt$;$anonymous$&$gt$; ($file$:///$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$email$/$app$/$controllers$/$message$-$assistant$.$js$:$67$:$65$) $at$ [$object$ $Object$].$WrapperFunc$ ($palmInitFramework2112$:$279$:$97$) $at$ $Object$.$createWithArgs$ ($palmInitFramework2112$:$289$:$359$) $at$ $Object$.&$lt$;$anonymous$&$gt$; ($palmInitFramework2112$:$160$:$161$) $at$ $Object$.$_prepareNewScene$ ($palmInitFramework2112$:$229$:$249$) $at$ $Object$.$_syncPushOperation$ ($palmInitFramework2112$:$218$:$266$) $at$ $Object$.$op$ ($native$) $at$ $Object$.&$lt$;$anonymous$&$gt$; ($palmInitFramework2112$:$223$:$114$) $at$ $Object$.$onComplete$ ($native$)

Hope this helps!
  6.    #246  
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    GSM Unlocked AZERTY Pre 3 doctored to latest "Manta" OS 2.2.0 build 3171. Info says phone model is HSTNH-F30CE.

Regional settings are US-EN, but French formatting for numbers.

Here's from Lumberjack during the endless flashing:

[2011-09-24 05:40:55] (Email) =========> Submission defaulted to : 112, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/mojo2/mojo.jsjsjs:$91$

[2011-09-24 05:40:55] (Email) Using builtin: palmmojo_coreVersion1_0, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/mojoloader.jsjsjs:$231$

[2011-09-24 05:40:57] (Email) EXCEPTION [The scene 'message' could not be pushed because an exception occurred.]: at AppAssistant.getEmailAccount (file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs:$268$:$52$) $at$ $new$ &$lt$;$anonymous$&$gt$; ($file$:///$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$email$/$app$/$controllers$/$message$-$assistant$.$js$:$67$:$65$) $at$ [$object$ $Object$].$WrapperFunc$ ($palmInitFramework2112$:$279$:$97$) $at$ $Object$.$createWithArgs$ ($palmInitFramework2112$:$289$:$359$) $at$ $Object$.&$lt$;$anonymous$&$gt$; ($palmInitFramework2112$:$160$:$161$) $at$ $Object$.$_prepareNewScene$ ($palmInitFramework2112$:$229$:$249$) $at$ $Object$.$_syncPushOperation$ ($palmInitFramework2112$:$218$:$266$) $at$ $Object$.$op$ ($native$) $at$ $Object$.&$lt$;$anonymous$&$gt$; ($palmInitFramework2112$:$223$:$114$) $at$ $Object$.$onComplete$ ($native$)

Hope this helps!
    And you are sure its the patch, i.e. you have tried without the patch and re-installing the patch? Since I am looking at those lines and there is nothing related to those lines that what the patch would modify. That error should only come from the fact that the email is not in the database at all, i.e. not downloaded.

EDIT: Ok now I got it to happen to me, so it was required to have a email card open. I will fix the problem and do a new release.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    I was just about to send the whole log, instead of the piecemeal copies from Lumberjack.

BTW, I tried turning off the additional card behavior using tweaks, but the toggles didn't seem to have any effect. I had turned off the tweak, back-swiped out and even closed Tweaks, but the additional card kept coming up. Tweaks never said the change needed a Luna restart to work.

Only unstalling the patch and restarting made stopped the additional card.

May I ask what the problem was? Just curious...
  8.    #248  
    I was just about to send the whole log, instead of the piecemeal copies from Lumberjack.

BTW, I tried turning off the additional card behavior using tweaks, but the toggles didn't seem to have any effect. I had turned off the tweak, back-swiped out and even closed Tweaks, but the additional card kept coming up. Tweaks never said the change needed a Luna restart to work.

Only unstalling the patch and restarting made stopped the additional card.

May I ask what the problem was? Just curious...
    The tweaks option is only for the opening email from the account list not from notification.

I am still trying to solve the problem, this is bit tricky one since I am not sure what is wrong. I.e. there is no clear error in the patch, but something has changed from webOS 2.1 to 2.2 that is braking the opening of new card. I should have a fix soon though only need to find the reason why its failing .
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Excellent. I saw above that you can replicate but sent a log anyway. Thanks for your hard work. Time for me to hit the beach ;-)
  10.    #250  
    Excellent. I saw above that you can replicate but sent a log anyway. Thanks for your hard work. Time for me to hit the beach ;-)
    Found the problem, the way how the message scene wants its parameters was changed in webOS 2.2. Pushing new release now, should be in the feed in an hour at the latest.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    What was added to this patch in the latest update? I tried to update this morning but it now conflicts with another patch, something with bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
  12.    #252  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    What was added to this patch in the latest update? I tried to update this morning but it now conflicts with another patch, something with bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    There was nothing added into the patch, the release was a test release to test new packaging of the patch. There is no changes to the patch in any way, so its just most likely that some patch you have will install after installing this patch, but not the otherway round.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Yep, updated my saved package list, ran EPR, added everything back fine...
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Not to burst anyone's bubble... But the Advanced System Behavior Patch for Verizon's Pre2 (WebOS 2.1) sent my cpu temp peaking at 47C just being idle and gobbling up anywhere from 600 to mid-800 mA. I was running the Uberkernel underneath. When I removed the patch -- it went back down to 35C and only consuming about 130mA. The one weird thing I noticed was that I was unable to look at my advanced phone menu while the patch was on (not referring to the Tweaks app). Any ideas?
  15.    #255  
    Quote Originally Posted by polaris_silvertree View Post
    Not to burst anyone's bubble... But the Advanced System Behavior Patch for Verizon's Pre2 (WebOS 2.1) sent my cpu temp peaking at 47C just being idle and gobbling up anywhere from 600 to mid-800 mA. I was running the Uberkernel underneath. When I removed the patch -- it went back down to 35C and only consuming about 130mA. The one weird thing I noticed was that I was unable to look at my advanced phone menu while the patch was on (not referring to the Tweaks app). Any ideas?
    Usually that has been some kind of failed install or that the ipkg service has got stuck eating the cpu so did you try reboot / re-install?
    Thanks for the guidance. I've waited for about a day now after following your advice -- and the patch seems stable. Phone idling at 32C and consuming an approximate average of 140mA.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    As hard as I try, I don't seem to be able to get the inverted brightness function of the patch to work. I've un-installed, re-installed, EPRed and even doctored. I've Luna restarted immediately after installation and I've device rebooted after installation with and without Tweaks already being installed. No matter what I do, keyboard and screen backlight remain linked in their webOS standard relationship.

At one point it did work as expected, but then I doctored trying to deal w/an unrelated issue and now I can't get the inverse relationship back. Help please?
  18.    #258  
    Quote Originally Posted by lebem View Post
    As hard as I try, I don't seem to be able to get the inverted brightness function of the patch to work. I've un-installed, re-installed, EPRed and even doctored. I've Luna restarted immediately after installation and I've device rebooted after installation with and without Tweaks already being installed. No matter what I do, keyboard and screen backlight remain linked in their webOS standard relationship.

At one point it did work as expected, but then I doctored trying to deal w/an unrelated issue and now I can't get the inverse relationship back. Help please?
    What version so I can test?
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    What version so I can test?
    Sorry, can't believe I forgot to state... Pre2 running 2.1.0 from the official doctor.

[Edit] Verizon handset
    Last edited by lebem; 10/02/2011 at 02:15 AM. Reason: added I fo
  20.    #260  
    Quote Originally Posted by lebem View Post
    Sorry, can't believe I forgot to state... Pre2 running 2.1.0 from the official doctor.

[Edit] Verizon handset
    Ok I will check this tonight and get back to you.