Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    is there serious incompatibility between 2.1 and 2.0 for all these great patches? Just upgraded(if ya wanna call it that) from pre+ webos 2.1 to pre 2 webos 2.0 and I've noticed that no good patches including this one are unavailable to me. I had to request for the experimental kernels for the pre 2 to get posted as even they weren't available. I don't wanna meta doctor cuz I don't have a touchstone and HATE all voice software. I love your work and hope you can find it in your heart to make this available to me soon
    Quote Originally Posted by mannyfrehest View Post
    is there serious incompatibility between 2.1 and 2.0 for all these great patches? Just upgraded(if ya wanna call it that) from pre+ webos 2.1 to pre 2 webos 2.0 and I've noticed that no good patches including this one are unavailable to me. I had to request for the experimental kernels for the pre 2 to get posted as even they weren't available. I don't wanna meta doctor cuz I don't have a touchstone and HATE all voice software. I love your work and hope you can find it in your heart to make this available to me soon
    You could start here and donate. Currently the patches are not supported on older versions of webOS, but Sconix is planning on supporting them once his goals are met.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 06/15/2011 at 09:42 AM.
    any chance to have the ability to turn the notification opened into new card off?
    Or hold to hopen in new card only.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    any chance to have the ability to turn the notification opened into new card off?
    Or hold to hopen in new card only.
    check out the Wiki for the behavior patch. Those options are tweaks enabled, therefore you'll need to install the tweaks app.
  5.    #225  
    The Veer version of this patch will be out next week when I get back home, I have been running it on my phone for a week now. Also the advanced system prefs patches will be released for Veer during next week.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    check out the Wiki for the behavior patch. Those options are tweaks enabled, therefore you'll need to install the tweaks app.
    i have the tweaks app. i am talking about adjusting the notifications open as new card options.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    For those waiting for updated versions of advanced system behavior patch for Veer there is now way to make it happen soon . I commit to update and release the patches based on received donations. So to support and chime in bringing the advanced patches for Veer donate now. You can follow the progress here.

The donations will go to upgrading my half functional development pre- into Veer. With this change I will also start supporting my patches for older version in the future (now I have only supported the version I am on). Thanks for all that have and will continue support my work!

EDIT: I'll need someone to test the patches before release so if you have a Veer and want to test then send me an email to scorpio.iix at gmail.com
    The other Adv patches needed special VZW version (? Stripping language code - I think based on working with pcworld on his Auto-bcc patch).

Having gone from VZW Pre+ to VZW Pre2 2.1 I would like to support fix on this for VZW units - testing & $.

am I right in assuming the VZW language fix is needed - ?d that is the major reason my try to install failed. I don't want to go the patch by patch take out route if lack of VZW version is the cause.
  8.    #228  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbackdave View Post
    The other Adv patches needed special VZW version (? Stripping language code - I think based on working with pcworld on his Auto-bcc patch).

Having gone from VZW Pre+ to VZW Pre2 2.1 I would like to support fix on this for VZW units - testing & $.

am I right in assuming the VZW language fix is needed - ?d that is the major reason my try to install failed. I don't want to go the patch by patch take out route if lack of VZW version is the cause.
    The behavior patch will install on a VZW 2.1 just fine so thats why there is no VZW version of the patch. So you have some conflicting patch installed if you can not get it to install.
    Last edited by sconix; 08/31/2011 at 03:54 PM.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    There is NO VZW version in Preware as displayed on my VZW PRE 2 2.1 - I am not that "stupid" I hope
  10.    #230  
    There is NO VZW version in Preware as displayed on my VZW PRE 2 2.1 - I am not that "stupid" I hope
    That is correct, as I said there is NO VZW version of this patch since the "normal" version out there will install on all 2.1 versions. If not then you have some conflicting patch installed.

About finding the conflicting patch the easiest way is to save installed packages list, then run EPR, then install first advanced patches and then install all other patches via the saved packages list so you can see what patches wont install anymore.
    my apologies - read right over the "no" as "a" trying to read forum in the browser on pre is a challenge for these old eyes. EPR IS THE WAY TO GO. ONCE AGAIN - my apologies!
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    my apologies - read right over the "no" as "a" trying to read forum in the browser on pre is a challenge for these old eyes. EPR IS THE WAY TO GO. ONCE AGAIN - my apologies!
    You should try the Forums app. It's perfect for that.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Tried that and it fell flat on my needs:

I am not interested in following every thread in every folder - but want a quick hit - to see what is up with one patch / app and to address one question on my mind.

The Forum reader reads well - but does not allow me to search for a thread / topic and then bounce thru it to see what is up and if my issue has been discussed / solved - and then to pop in.

Browser interface is best - and what I need to do is to do it on my TouchPad, not my Pre - but the Pre was where the problem was, so I used that and wasted a bit of others' time -- so I'll stick to the Pad.

BTW is there any tutorial, wiki, or the like for Forum app? Could not find one.
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Is this the correct place to post on Advanced Behavior (e-mail) patches for the Pre3? It's a 2.x device, technically.

First off, great work for spoiling me - I haven't switched fully to my Pre 3 because the patches haven't yet caught up with it or its OS version.

I have, however, put on a throwaway profile and Preware on the new device and installed all the existing patches, including Make it So...

Just wanted to bring to your attention that when an email notification is tapped on, a separate card opens, but no e-mail appears in it...it remains flashing.

Thanks.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    I cannot install the advanced system behaviour patch. It's giving me an error on install. Is it just me?
  16. Pix
    Quote Originally Posted by djind View Post
    I cannot install the advanced system behaviour patch. It's giving me an error on install. Is it just me?
    not just you, i cannot install it, too. Looking on the IPKG log, it show:

Postist

-1: unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps/ bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternal.patches.advanced-system-behavior.postinst 2>&1

2 out of 9 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

(btw, i have a pre3 azerty with webos 2.2.0)
    Just wanted to bring to your attention that when an email notification is tapped on, a separate card opens, but no e-mail appears in it...it remains flashing.
    I'm also getting this faulty behaviour on my UK Pre 3.

Also (admittedly I haven't read this whole thread) is there any way to turn off individual behaviours within this patch, or is it all or nothing?
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    There have been a few updates, but the bug pesists. Just use the homebrew app from webOS Internals called "Tweaks" to turn the patch off though. Easy peasy.
  19.    #239  
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    I'm also getting this faulty behaviour on my UK Pre 3.

Also (admittedly I haven't read this whole thread) is there any way to turn off individual behaviours within this patch, or is it all or nothing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    There have been a few updates, but the bug pesists. Just use the homebrew app from webOS Internals called "Tweaks" to turn the patch off though. Easy peasy.
    For me the notification opens without problems, are you using some different than EN US language? Or running any other email related patches? So that I can try to replicate this.

And yes tweaks can be used to tweaks some aspects of the patch, if there is something missing you can always suggest, no quarantees that I add a tweak for it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    For me the notification opens without problems, are you using some different than EN US language? Or running any other email related patches? So that I can try to replicate this.
    I'm having the exact same problem - an email comes in, I tap the notification, it opens a new card and just sits there flashing but never opens. I can click on the email app and open the new message and it still won't have opened in the new card from the notification.
    The only email-related patches I have are your Advanced System Behavior and your Advanced System Preferences - Email patches. I'm running an ATT Pre 3 with webos 2.2.0 build 2206. The email account is a gmail address.