Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Sorry for double post, I seem to have hit a glitch with forums.app

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Sometimes when you 'tap-n-hold' to open an email in a new card, instead of the new card being in focus, the main email card comes into focus instead of the new card. Then one has to go back to cards view and then select the new card to read the email. I have tried to see a pattern but there does not seem to be a pattern and it just seems to behave randomly. Sometimes the focus is on the new card and sometimes the focus is on the main email card.

PS: Advanced System Behaviour v2.10-71 installed.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 05/08/2011 at 07:23 AM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Considering the flexibility of 'Tweaks', it would be nice to have an option to change the behaviour of the 'enter' button in the messaging app. I personally would prefer to set it so, that a 'single enter = new line' and 'option + enter = sends'. Thanks.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 05/08/2011 at 12:52 PM. Reason: To actually reflect what I wanted to say in a more appropriate manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    It is really sad that even with the flexibility of 'Tweaks' there is no option to change the behaviour of the 'enter' button in the messaging app. I personally would prefer to set it so, that a 'single enter = new line' and 'option + enter = sends'.
    It is really sad that even though the patch authors provide their hard work for free, those that want something slightly different start their 'feature request' with the phrase 'It is really sad that ...'.

-- Rod
  5.    #205  
    Sometimes when you 'tap-n-hold' to open an email in a new card, instead of the new card being in focus, the main email card comes into focus instead of the new card. Then one has to go back to cards view and then select the new card to read the email. I have tried to see a pattern but there does not seem to be a pattern and it just seems to behave randomly. Sometimes the focus is on the new card and sometimes the focus is on the main email card.

PS: Advanced System Behaviour v2.10-71 installed.
    Well the stacks system is bit primitive (i.e. you can't control the stacking properly which is a shame) and the focus is only controlled by a delay. So if your phone is running slow the stacking focus can be wrong. I have set the delay based on my pre2 so that it focuses correct card but does not have too long delay. So specially with pre-/+ the focus problem might exist. If it exist with pre2 then I can increase the delay a bit.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  6.    #206  
    It is really sad that even with the flexibility of 'Tweaks' there is no option to change the behaviour of the 'enter' button in the messaging app. I personally would prefer to set it so, that a 'single enter = new line' and 'option + enter = sends'.
    Well its only because neither SMS or IM has been designed (well IM at least tends to work across clients but SMS certainly does not support new lines in every phone/operator) to have new lines. So hence I feel bit reluctant to promote using new lines. And even every IM client has it set up differently so there is no standard for the enter usage, but the main thing is the reason that its not supported by every client/app/phone etc. Sure I could make it tweaks option, but no one has asked nicely so far.... To be honest its not because of that its just features that I don't see reasonable to be used by normal users just go on the bottom of my TODO list.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    You're probably in the minority that wants this. If it's something important to you then making a donation and asking Sconix to include the feature would be the best way to get him to add it.
  8.    #208  
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    You're probably in the minority that wants this. If it's something important to you then making a donation and asking Sconix to include the feature would be the best way to get him to add it.
    Yes donations for specific feature always tends to move the todo item upwards in my todo list. Even to be the first one if the donation matches the time needed As long as the feature is doable and reasonable...
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It is really sad that even though the patch authors provide their hard work for free, those that want something slightly different start their 'feature request' with the phrase 'It is really sad that ...'.

-- Rod
    I, in no way intended or mean't to sound ungrateful or demanding. Upon re-reading my post I can clearly see that it was in rather poor taste and I would like to apologise, specially to 'sconix' for my very poor choice of words. But, please believe, that I am extremely grateful to 'sconix' and all the other patchers, specially yourself, for the hard work and time that they put in to making webOS what it is. I have in fact in the past, shown my appreciation for sconix's work with a modest donation. This is not to suggest in anyways, that this excuses my poor choice of words.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 05/08/2011 at 12:57 PM.

I, in no way intended or mean't to sound ungrateful or demanding. Upon re-reading my post I can clearly see that it was in rather poor taste and I would like to apologise, specially to 'sconix' for my very poor choice of words. But, please believe, that I am extremely grateful to 'sconix' and all the other patchers, specially yourself, for the hard work and time that they put in to making webOS what it is. I have in fact in the past, shown my appreciation for sconix's work with a modest donation. This is not to suggest in anyways, that this excuses my poor choice of words.
    Clarification appreciated. Cheers.

-- Rod
  11.    #211  
    For those waiting for updated versions of advanced system behavior patch for Veer there is now way to make it happen soon . I commit to update and release the patches based on received donations. So to support and chime in bringing the advanced patches for Veer donate now. You can follow the progress here.

The donations will go to upgrading my half functional development pre- into Veer. With this change I will also start supporting my patches for older version in the future (now I have only supported the version I am on). Thanks for all that have and will continue support my work!

EDIT: I'll need someone to test the patches before release so if you have a Veer and want to test then send me an email to scorpio.iix at gmail.com
    Can you add some tweaks for the inverted brightness function? I would like to switch it off, to have the brightness at minimum when the screen is minimum, and get brighter as the screen gets brighter, then hold at some max value (say 25) as the screen continues to get brighter.

It wold actually be really cool if beyond the max value you could ramp the keyboard brightness back down to 0 as the screen gets brighter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    Can you add some tweaks for the inverted brightness function? I would like to switch it off, to have the brightness at minimum when the screen is minimum, and get brighter as the screen gets brighter, then hold at some max value (say 25) as the screen continues to get brighter.

It wold actually be really cool if beyond the max value you could ramp the keyboard brightness back down to 0 as the screen gets brighter.
    Donations help drive development!
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    For those waiting for updated versions of advanced system behavior patch for Veer there is now way to make it happen soon . I commit to update and release the patches based on received donations. So to support and chime in bringing the advanced patches for Veer donate now. You can follow the progress here.

The donations will go to upgrading my half functional development pre- into Veer. With this change I will also start supporting my patches for older version in the future (now I have only supported the version I am on). Thanks for all that have and will continue support my work!

EDIT: I'll need someone to test the patches before release so if you have a Veer and want to test then send me an email to scorpio.iix at gmail.com
    As part of this donationathon, I will give away a promo code for Music Player Remix to the person that donates the largest amount between June 1st and 30th.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Is it normal that if you open up SMS app, then tap a certain persons thread which opens up a new SMS window if we have it configured that way.. that if we close the 1st initial window, if a new SMS arrives from the one you have open, the notification for it will actually open another new instance of it rather than opening in the 2nd window of it you'd left open? Hope that makes sense.. but thats the behavior I'm experiencing. Just curious.
  16.    #216  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Is it normal that if you open up SMS app, then tap a certain persons thread which opens up a new SMS window if we have it configured that way.. that if we close the 1st initial window, if a new SMS arrives from the one you have open, the notification for it will actually open another new instance of it rather than opening in the 2nd window of it you'd left open? Hope that makes sense.. but thats the behavior I'm experiencing. Just curious.
    Well if I understood right then this should not happen, the cards have an id based on the chatthreadid which means if there is a card with already that chat open no new card should get opened. I guess I have to test this.
  17.    #217  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Verified that this happens, its a bug, when there is no main card the code wont check if theres a child card already open. Will fix this and release an update.

EDIT: actually not yet sure if this is fixable, i.e. it might be limitation how the card system work...will do some more digging

EDIT2: scratch that, is a bug, fixed in next release which I push out soon...
    Last edited by sconix; 06/02/2011 at 03:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Verified that this happens, its a bug, when there is no main card the code wont check if theres a child card already open. Will fix this and release an update.

EDIT: actually not yet sure if this is fixable, i.e. it might be limitation how the card system work...will do some more digging

EDIT2: scratch that, is a bug, fixed in next release which I push out soon...
    You are the man, Sconix! Thx much bro!

Edit: Installed your update I just saw in Preware and tried this same scenario out and it works normally now! Thanks a ton, Sconix!
    Last edited by volcom45; 06/03/2011 at 12:38 AM.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Hi Sconix! Thanks for the great work on all these patches!
    I have a small request: Would it be possible to have new chat cards not steal focus when opened? For example, if I click on a chat session, a new card opens, then while that is loading, I go to another card (say a web browser session), when the new card has finished loading, it steals focus and becomes the top card.

I believe the change is quite simple, too (perhaps it could even be implemented as a tweakable feature).

If we take a look at the original code for New Cards Per Convo , I think we just need to change line 15 from focusWindow: true to focusWindow: false

What do you think?
  20.    #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by estockda View Post
    Hi Sconix! Thanks for the great work on all these patches!
    I have a small request: Would it be possible to have new chat cards not steal focus when opened? For example, if I click on a chat session, a new card opens, then while that is loading, I go to another card (say a web browser session), when the new card has finished loading, it steals focus and becomes the top card.

I believe the change is quite simple, too (perhaps it could even be implemented as a tweakable feature).

If we take a look at the original code for New Cards Per Convo , I think we just need to change line 15 from focusWindow: true to focusWindow: false

What do you think?
    I'll add this on the todo list, not sure when I will add it though. Trying to get some apps done that I could actually get at least some money. With a donation things can be always speeded up though