Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
    Will we be able to turn off timestamps in the near future?
    I can add tweaks setting for it rather soon.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I will fix these for next release.

EDIT: it seems I mixed the keys, so next update resets the tweaks config but fixes the problems...(and no normally updates wont reset the config, but there was no other fix for this bug)
    My daily bug report...

1) I am on the latest version of the patch, but still seeing the Email issue. I have Open in new Card = NO. When i tap an email notification, the email opens in a new card (as expected), but the main email inbox is what is brought into focus, not the email message

2) the notifications for SMS are wonky. I have open in new card = YES. When I get a notification, i tap on it and get brought to the message, but the notification does not going away. if i tap on the notification AGAIN, it disappears from the dashboard.

thoughts? thanks again! i am loving this patch, even with the little hiccups!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
  3.    #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    My daily bug report...

1) I am on the latest version of the patch, but still seeing the Email issue. I have Open in new Card = NO. When i tap an email notification, the email opens in a new card (as expected), but the main email inbox is what is brought into focus, not the email message

2) the notifications for SMS are wonky. I have open in new card = YES. When I get a notification, i tap on it and get brought to the message, but the notification does not going away. if i tap on the notification AGAIN, it disappears from the dashboard.

I will check these, will edit this post if I can reproduce or not. And if I can then naturally fix in next release.

EDIT: at least 1) I can reproduce, not yet tested 2)....

EDIT2: 1) fixed in next release, 2) I haven't yet been able to reproduce but found a bug that the unread count is not updated in main card when openend from notification.

EDIT3: Even though the notification staying on screen does not happen to me I believe that the bug that I found could cause it. So please let me know if the problem still persist with the new release which I am about to push out now.
    Last edited by sconix; 04/15/2011 at 06:19 PM.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  4. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    My daily bug report...

I haven't noticed the email issue (haven't checked, either), but I have experienced the SMS issue. It's as if the messages are not being marked read when opened, hence the notification is not dismissed, and it still shows as a new message in the main SMS screen.
  5.    #185  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    I haven't noticed the email issue (haven't checked, either), but I have experienced the SMS issue. It's as if the messages are not being marked read when opened, hence the notification is not dismissed, and it still shows as a new message in the main SMS screen.
    The message count not changed in the main screen is a bug at least and fixed in next release, however I am not yet been able to produce the notification staying on screen and by looking at the code the clearing of the notification area is always called so not sure why that is happening. Haven't seen it happen to me yet neither in my main device.
    Hello hello. I just installed 2.1.0-70 and I'm not seeing any new tweaks. I've done luna and full reboots.
    Would you be able to add a tweak setting for the double tap? To enable or disable?
    Thanks

My fault it is in this update but I don't see it after the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Hello hello. I just installed 2.1.0-70 and I'm not seeing any new tweaks. I've done luna and full reboots.
    I'm also not seeing any new tweaks. Is this a Tweaks problem related to the db8 and node.jsjsjs $bugs$?
  9.    #189  
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    Would you be able to add a tweak setting for the double tap? To enable or disable?
    Thanks

My fault it is in this update but I don't see it after the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    I'm also not seeing any new tweaks. Is this a Tweaks problem related to the db8 and node.jsjsjs $bugs$?
    I just forgot to include the updated tweaks file, thats what I get doing a release at 3:00
    Will release an update now. And yes the double tap tweak is in.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-system-behavior.prerm 2>&1
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/app-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    4 out of 9 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    3 out of 14 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/compose-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/messaging.css.rej
    1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

any clues
    also getting errors in 1 of 2 hunks bar assistant

any idea ?
    I opened Advanced System Behavior - Bug #471: After installing Advanced System Behavior, SMS stops working - WebOS Internals Redmine

It seems that after installing this patch, whenever I try to text a number, the actual sending fails (silently) and the sms is not added to the conversation but rather "remains" in the edit box.

I am using a Pre2, and using it in an International country (Israel), I know palm has challenges with us internationals, so this may be related.
  13.    #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by urig View Post
    I opened Advanced System Behavior - Bug #471: After installing Advanced System Behavior, SMS stops working - WebOS Internals Redmine

It seems that after installing this patch, whenever I try to text a number, the actual sending fails (silently) and the sms is not added to the conversation but rather "remains" in the edit box.

I am using a Pre2, and using it in an International country (Israel), I know palm has challenges with us internationals, so this may be related.
    There was one other user, who uninstalled the patch and the text messages was shown then. So they do get send. He was supposed to install the patch back and haven't heard from him so I think its now working for him. And I have looked at the patch and it should not effect the storing of send messages in any way. So I am not sure if its this patch or some other patches fault that he/you have/had installed. So please try removing the patches with EPR to cleanup you system files and then install patches back to see if that takes the problem away. Since the patch itself should not effect the messages sending in any way. And this has never happened to me.
  14. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I opened [url= System Behavior - Bug #471: After installing Advanced System Behavior, SMS stops working - WebOS Internals Redmine[/url]

Are you using enter key or tapping send icon? It takes two presses of enter key within 3 seconds to send messages by default with this patch. It is configurable with Tweaks, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    ...please try removing the patches with EPR to cleanup you system files and then install patches back to see if that takes the problem away. Since the patch itself should not effect the messages sending in any way. And this has never happened to me.
    OK, Ran EPR and it did indeed solve the problem, now the question is how expensive is the QA of adding patches one by one going to be...
    After EPR and installing this patch, I noticed that the system menus and other menus look odd.

I attach a couple of pictures.
    Removing the patch solved this problem.

Any Ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm trying to install this patch, and I'm also getting an error stopping the IPK from installing. (From the Preware feeds). Error message popping up with something about a "chatview assistant" in the messaging app. Vansmac mentioned something similar further up...

I've previously installed this patch when it first came out. I then uninstalled because I wanted to see if this patch was making my messaging app behave sluggishly. I haven't got around to reinstalling until now.

Any help would be appreciated, Thank you.
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    After EPR and installing this patch, I noticed that the system menus and other menus look odd.

I attach a couple of pictures.
    Removing the patch solved this problem.

Any Ideas?
    Also opened a bug: http://redmine.webos-internals.org/issues/473
    Last edited by urig; 04/18/2011 at 06:44 AM. Reason: wrong link
  19.    #199  
    Installing issues are not bugs of the patch hence I rejected the bug report. The problem is in your setup. In a working system with no hand made or other none supported modification EPR should succeed in cleaning the system so that patches install properly. In you case either EPR has failed or you are getting some very strange installation problems.
  20.    #200  
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor02 View Post
    I'm trying to install this patch, and I'm also getting an error stopping the IPK from installing. (From the Preware feeds). Error message popping up with something about a "chatview assistant" in the messaging app. Vansmac mentioned something similar further up...

I've previously installed this patch when it first came out. I then uninstalled because I wanted to see if this patch was making my messaging app behave sluggishly. I haven't got around to reinstalling until now.

Any help would be appreciated, Thank you.
    Maybe you have conflicting patch installed, as said this patch is and will be evolving so it has gained couple more features so some of your installed patches that did not conflict before might do so now.
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast