03/24/2011, 10:06 AM
Mode Switcher brings profile support to WebOS in the form of "modes" that can control nearly every available setting in the WebOS 2.x. Currently, MS can control:
- IM status
- All Volume Controls
- All Ringtones
- Display (brightness, timeout, LED/banner notifications)
- Touchstone Screen On/Off
- All Radios (Wifi/Bluetooth/GPS/Data/Phone)
- Open/Close Applications
- Network Type
- Roaming (Forced, Automatic)
These modes can be activated manually, or triggered automatically by a number of different methods:
- Time of Day
- Charger (touchstone, USB or wall charger can be set separately)
- Touchstone Orientation
- GPS Location
- Battery Level
- Bluetooth (by Profile or Device Name)
- Application Focus
- Calendar Event
- Headset Connection
- Wifi SSID
- Silent Switch
- Display state
To give you an idea of what you can use this app for, here are some popular modes:
- Triggers: Time of Day (11:30 PM - 8:30 AM), Charger (Touchstone, orientation Left)
- Actions: Brightness (0%), Ringer Volume (25%), Launch Application (Timepiece)
- Triggers: Wifi SSID (Home)
- Actions: Data (Off), GPS (Off), Brightness (25%)
- Triggers: Application Focus (pReader)
- Actions: Screen Timeout (5 minutes), Screen On Charger (Always On)
- Supports controlling even more system settings with the help of advanced system prefs patches.
- Faster and better in every way (once bugs gets ironed out)
- The Mode Switcher Wiki contains full instructions for installing Mode Switcher and its related patches.
- Release notes, known bugs, and upcoming features are also included.
- The Mode Switcher Manual is regularly updated documentation for using Mode Switcher and its related patches.
- Link to download the manual in PDF format is also included on that page.
- Advanced System Menus - Mode Menu - Adds a system menu to the top bar where the carrier string is located. This will show which mode is currently active, and allow the user to manually change the current mode. The menu has an "edit mode" to configure which modes are shown.
- Requires 'Advanced System Menus - Framework' patch
- Advanced System Prefs - Framework - Provides support for charger and battery trigger (advanced features needs to be enabled in the MS preferences).
- Also required by the patches below
- Advanced System Prefs - Calendar Prefs - Provides support for calendar settings changing in MS (advanced features needs to be enabled in the MS preferences).
- You can install uber calendar patch instead it also works with MS
- Advanced System Prefs - Email Prefs - Provides support for email settings changing in MS (advanced features needs to be enabled in the MS preferences).
- Advanced System Prefs - Messaging Prefs - Provides support for messaging settings changing in MS (advanced features needs to be enabled in the MS preferences).
Donations are highly appreciated since Mode Switcher has taken a huge amount of my time to get to this point. If you want to help by creating translation for Mode Switcher then please contact me privately so I can send you the translation file.