Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 1104
Like Tree24Likes
  1.    #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    I installed ModeSwitcher 2.0.4 a few days ago, and here are a few observations.

    1. With any mode active if I open MS or edit any mode when I exit it turns off the mode that was active.

    2. Does not always turn off WiFi when the mode that turned it on exits. Default is WiFi off.

    3. I am also having some problems with a time mode but I need to play with it more to see if it is not just me (I had this working in MS 1.x)

    Sent you another donation yesterday, keep up the excellent work.
    The 1) means that then the modes triggers are not valid at that moment. If they should be then tell me what triggers the mode has so I can check if the triggers initializse correctly.

    2) This is a webos bug. Wifi/bt status does not always obey the request, in 1.4.5 they crashed the drivers which does not happen in 2.x anymore so its going in better direction.

    3) If you end up thinking there is something wrong then wait that the mode triggers wrongly and send the problem report (app menu->help->app menu).
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  2. noseph's Avatar
    Posts
    727 Posts
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The 1) means that then the modes triggers are not valid at that moment. If they should be then tell me what triggers the mode has so I can check if the triggers initializse correctly.

    2) This is a webos bug. Wifi/bt status does not always obey the request, in 1.4.5 they crashed the drivers which does not happen in 2.x anymore so its going in better direction.

    3) If you end up thinking there is something wrong then wait that the mode triggers wrongly and send the problem report (app menu->help->app menu).
    1) Most of my modes use BT triggers (I have tried to duplicate what I was using in 1.4.5 - since I had very few problems with MS 1.x) and they are still active when the mode turns off.

    2) I only noticed an occasional WiFi crash in 1.4.5. In 2.1.0 it seems to be more often.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

    Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

    Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

    Twitter: @noseph47
  3. #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The 1) means that then the modes triggers are not valid at that moment. If they should be then tell me what triggers the mode has so I can check if the triggers initializse correctly.
    I'm having this issue as well. It seems to happen when I have my 'work' mode active. That mode has two triggers, time of day and silent switch. I also notice that I have to slide the silent switch twice to get that mode to activate. The first time doesn't activate the mode.
  4. #144  
    I just installed MS 2.0.4 via WebOS Quick Install because Preware was just sitting there on downloading / installing, but never actually doing either. Mode Switcher seemed to install just fine via WOSQI, but when I launch it, I get the "Unknown Serivce Error!" message. I rebooted (full reboot .. not luna only) and that didn't make any difference. Any tips? I have a VZW Pre+ running meta-doctored 2.1.
  5. #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by smmullen View Post
    I just installed MS 2.0.4 via WebOS Quick Install because Preware was just sitting there on downloading / installing, but never actually doing either. Mode Switcher seemed to install just fine via WOSQI, but when I launch it, I get the "Unknown Serivce Error!" message. I rebooted (full reboot .. not luna only) and that didn't make any difference. Any tips? I have a VZW Pre+ running meta-doctored 2.1.
    Lasts page in this thread tells how to get Preware to work to install it. I would recommend you do that. Reboot phone, launch preware, uninstall with preware, install with preware. An additional reboot in there may be necessary.

    Not positive, but i think the "unknown service error" may be related to the db.
  6.    #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by smmullen View Post
    I just installed MS 2.0.4 via WebOS Quick Install because Preware was just sitting there on downloading / installing, but never actually doing either. Mode Switcher seemed to install just fine via WOSQI, but when I launch it, I get the "Unknown Serivce Error!" message. I rebooted (full reboot .. not luna only) and that didn't make any difference. Any tips? I have a VZW Pre+ running meta-doctored 2.1.
    Your symptoms point little bit to you having your /var partition full. The free space being out of /var would make the service installation fail and also downloading of packages via preware.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  7. #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Lasts page in this thread tells how to get Preware to work to install it. I would recommend you do that. Reboot phone, launch preware, uninstall with preware, install with preware. An additional reboot in there may be necessary.

    Not positive, but i think the "unknown service error" may be related to the db.
    Unfortunately, I tried that and it didn't work. MS uninstalled fine, but wouldn't install via Preware
    Last edited by smmullen; 04/20/2011 at 02:16 PM.
  8. #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Your symptoms point little bit to you having your /var partition full. The free space being out of /var would make the service installation fail and also downloading of packages via preware.
    That doesn't sound good, particularly since the solutions I've found via searching here at PreCentral aren't solutions that I can handle, given my nonexistent knowledge of how to dig into a phone and fix things manually.
    Last edited by smmullen; 04/20/2011 at 02:11 PM.
  9. #149  
    If the /var was actually full, would I be able to install anything else? I just jumped on Preware and picked out a random app (Passify), and it installed just fine.
  10.    #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by smmullen View Post
    If the /var was actually full, would I be able to install anything else? I just jumped on Preware and picked out a random app (Passify), and it installed just fine.
    I don't think apps install anything into /var. So they most likely will install just fine, the problem are the services that needs to install couple files into /var. One another user with the same problem uninstalled couple games to solve the problem, I guess games can use /var quite a lot.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  11. #151  
    I tried uninstalling Angry Birds Seasons and Supersonic Beta (two sizable games) and still wasn't able to install Mode Switcher 2.0.5 via Preware. Damn.

    I have a sneaking suspicion (that could be completely wrong) that it has something to do with those testing feeds. I've had issues installing apps from there before. I managed to get Freetether installed and working, but anything else I've tried to install from there either hasn't installed at all, or showed ghost updates that weren't available, or other issues. Hopefully once you get 2.1 on the regular feeds it will work for me. At least I'll be able to test my theory then, because I haven't had any trouble installing anything else.

    I really, really miss my modes!
  12.    #152  
    The 2.0.5 has delayed a bit since couple new bugs was found. Bluetooth trigger has still problems, at least it does not initialize properly hence modes with bt triggers close when MS app is closed. Also there is more "critical" problem. When mode changes setting if one of those settings triggers another mode (for example wifi state) then 2 mode changes are happening at the same time and end result might not be correct. When I have fixed these I will release 2.0.5.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  13. noseph's Avatar
    Posts
    727 Posts
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    #153  
    I was just in MS to add a modifier mode for Touchstone Orientation and I am unable to find the trigger for Charger Events. Has that not been implemented yet or is it done a different way in MS 2.x?
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

    Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

    Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

    Twitter: @noseph47
  14. #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    I was just in MS to add a modifier mode for Touchstone Orientation and I am unable to find the trigger for Charger Events. Has that not been implemented yet or is it done a different way in MS 2.x?
    As the wiki says, you have to have the Advanced System Preferences framework installed for those to work, and then you have to enable the Advanced options under MS preferences.
  15. #155  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The 2.0.5 has delayed a bit since couple new bugs was found. Bluetooth trigger has still problems, at least it does not initialize properly hence modes with bt triggers close when MS app is closed. Also there is more "critical" problem. When mode changes setting if one of those settings triggers another mode (for example wifi state) then 2 mode changes are happening at the same time and end result might not be correct. When I have fixed these I will release 2.0.5.
    thanks for the update. This will help me calm my "update feeds" trigger finger...
  16. noseph's Avatar
    Posts
    727 Posts
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    #156  
    I do have Advance System Preferences Framework installed but did not have the Advanced Features enabled in MS. I guess I would be better off if I was not coming from MS 1.x, I would not have any preconceived notions about what I need to do and would read more thoroughly. Thank you.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

    Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

    Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

    Twitter: @noseph47
  17. Loiter's Avatar
    Posts
    682 Posts
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    #157  
    Been playing with MS the past couple of days and I must say it is fabulous.
    I have one question though. I want to make a completely silent profile, no sounds-no vibration.
    I can do this for phonecalls (choosing only sound and then going the volume to 0), however the phone still vibrates for sms etc.
    Is it possible to change that too through MS, so I only get the notifications without any vibration?
  18. dave75's Avatar
    Posts
    796 Posts
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    #158  
    You need to have all the advanced system preference patches installed and in MS turn on Advanced Preferences.
  19. #159  

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  20. #160  
    FWIW the wiki doesn't clearly say anything about the Advanced patches, or advanced toggle in preferences being needed to disable the vibrator.... I'm guessing this is through the Advanced Prefs Email/Messaging/Calendar patches.

    The wiki will say that in the FAQ after Loiter is done though... right?
Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions