Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
  1. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I guess you have tried reboot and re-activating MS already. If yes then send me the problem report (app menu-help-app menu in MS). after the trigger should have happened so I can at least pin point the reason that is it the patch or MS.
    I had tried reboot, but not with ModeSwitcher disabled. I disabled MS, OPT+SYM+R reboot, re-enabled MS. Working now.
    sconix: i've found that the "report problem" email generation often chokes my phone, sometimes i have to reboot to get it to work right again. It won't really let me type text into the email even...

Would it be possible to dump the problem report to a .txt file instead, and attach that to an email?
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    sconix: i've found that the "report problem" email generation often chokes my phone, sometimes i have to reboot to get it to work right again. It won't really let me type text into the email even...

Would it be possible to dump the problem report to a .txt file instead, and attach that to an email?
    I don't know how to solve this yet, one option would be to use filemgr service, but the there would be yet another dependency. But the recommended debugging way anyway is do reboot first then perform the steps that the problem happens and then send problem report. The reboot should rotate the log (at least it usually does that in reboot haven't checked if its done always) hence make it much smaller.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    sconix -- i am a verizon customer with a pre 2 --- 2.0.1 OS -- do i need to wait to try and use MS 2.xx? -- i am getting a service not found error
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  5.    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    sconix -- i am a verizon customer with a pre 2 --- 2.0.1 OS -- do i need to wait to try and use MS 2.xx? -- i am getting a service not found error
    The 2.0.1 had so many problems that I did not make updated patches for that version. So you would for starters miss many of the features. And 2.0.1 had some problems with services that for example mode menu could not work on 2.0.1 etc. But MS should work on 2.0.1 without the advanced stuff / mode menu etc, but I really don't know since I did not test. At least if you get it run you should not use mode trigger it wont work on 2.0.1 due to the bugs in it.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    ya 2.0.1 sucks -- verizon update policy sucks -- you rock -- can't wait to use 2.xx -- for now 1.9 is acceptable on 2.0.1

thanks
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    But the point is that you need to it twice... If you have only done it once (reinstalled or updated) the fix wont take place.
    I've sent you a bug report for the same thing happening in MS 2.0.1, and it still happens in 2.0.4. I've updated it more than twice. I had MS 1.x installed before, so I'm wondering if it could be linked and how to clean it up. The other thing I noticed is that my Govnah doesn't display anything anymore, but that's for another thread...

Do you want me to send you a new bug report with the latest logs?
    Just tried MS 2.0 on Sprint Pre+ w/webOS 2.1. And can I just say, Bravo, sir! Bravo. When you said it was faster than MS1.x, you weren't messing around. And the screen lock trigger works a metric ton better than it did in 1.x.

Donation sent.
    Twitter: dullgeek
  9.    #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by hboisvert View Post
    I've sent you a bug report for the same thing happening in MS 2.0.1, and it still happens in 2.0.4. I've updated it more than twice. I had MS 1.x installed before, so I'm wondering if it could be linked and how to clean it up. The other thing I noticed is that my Govnah doesn't display anything anymore, but that's for another thread...

Do you want me to send you a new bug report with the latest logs?
    MS 1.x has no effect on 2.x since they are completely separate entities. Nothing common between the apps. So that you can rule out.

But now I must say that I don't connect you to any bug report so not sure what are you referring to. If you mean that MS gives you service error then its the installation problem. You could try WOSI instead of preware but that really should not matter now with 2.0.4. But if you can't resolve it then send problem report. At the moment I am not aware of any bugs.
    But now I must say that I don't connect you to any bug report so not sure what are you referring to. If you mean that MS gives you service error then its the installation problem. You could try WOSI instead of preware but that really should not matter now with 2.0.4. But if you can't resolve it then send problem report. At the moment I am not aware of any bugs.
    It would be in an email from hbconcepts.net. I'll try a reboot, reinstall, reboot from preware and will send a bug report with the logs.

Edit: The odd thing is that now, with nothing installed on the device, I still find in the logs that the modeswitcher service tries to start (and fails). Not sure how that can happen... Here is the important part of the log (let me know if you need more)

[2011-04-17 02:29:49] (upstart) daemon.info: (00039/998483886) org.webosinternals.modeswitcher.srv goal changed from stop to start
    [2011-04-17 02:29:49] (upstart) daemon.info: (00039/998789062) org.webosinternals.modeswitcher.srv state changed from waiting to starting
    [2011-04-17 02:29:49] (upstart) daemon.info: (00040/81491699) org.webosinternals.modeswitcher.srv state changed from starting to pre-start
    [2011-04-17 02:29:49] (upstart) daemon.info: (00040/82590332) org.webosinternals.modeswitcher.srv state changed from pre-start to spawned
    [2011-04-17 02:29:49] (upstart) daemon.info: (00040/98978271) Active org.webosinternals.modeswitcher.srv main process (1538)
    [2011-04-17 02:29:49] (upstart) daemon.info: (00040/100260009) org.webosinternals.modeswitcher.srv state changed from spawned to post-start
    [2011-04-17 02:29:49] (upstart) daemon.info: (00040/100656738) org.webosinternals.modeswitcher.srv state changed from post-start to running
    [2011-04-17 02:30:04] (ls-hubd) user.crit: ERROR: "org.webosinternals.modeswitcher.srv" permissions does not allow inbound connections from "(null)" (requester pid: 1604, requester exe: "/usr/bin/luna-send" requester cmdline: "luna-send -n 1 palm://org.webosinternals.modeswitcher.srv/control {"action":"startup"}")
    [2011-04-17 02:30:04] (ls-hubd) user.crit: ERROR: "org.webosinternals.modeswitcher.srv" permissions does not allow inbound connections from "(null)" (requester pid: 1604, requester exe: "/usr/bin/luna-send" requester cmdline: "luna-send -n 1 palm://org.webosinternals.modeswitcher.srv/control {"action":"startup"}")
    [2011-04-17 02:30:04] (upstart) daemon.info: (00055/483286132) org.webosinternals.modeswitcher.srv main process (1538) exited normally
    [2011-04-17 02:30:04] (upstart) daemon.info: (00055/483499755) org.webosinternals.modeswitcher.srv goal changed from start to stop
    [2011-04-17 02:30:04] (upstart) daemon.info: (00055/483591308) org.webosinternals.modeswitcher.srv state changed from running to stopping
    [2011-04-17 02:30:04] (upstart) daemon.info: (00055/483957519) org.webosinternals.modeswitcher.srv state changed from stopping to killed
    [2011-04-17 02:30:04] (upstart) daemon.info: (00055/484049072) org.webosinternals.modeswitcher.srv state changed from killed to post-stop
    [2011-04-17 02:30:04] (upstart) daemon.info: (00055/484110107) org.webosinternals.modeswitcher.srv state changed from post-stop to waiting
    [2011-04-17 02:30:35] (ls-hubd) user.crit: ERROR: "org.webosinternals.modeswitcher.srv" permissions does not allow inbound connections from "com.palm.systemui" (requester pid: 1592, requester exe: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr" requester cmdline: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr -s")

Edit2: With MS2 installed, the log is similar, with the following error being different than previously:

[2011-04-17 03:08:36] (ls-hubd) user.crit: Service not listed in service files: "org.webosinternals.modeswitcher.srv" (requester pid: 2379, requester_exe: "/usr/bin/luna-send", requester_cmdline: "luna-send -n 1 palm://org.webosinternals.modeswitcher.srv/control {"action":"startup"}", requester app id: "(null)")
    Hi,sconix

I have a question about the Add Srv (Impostah)

I set Restart Luna,But nothing happens.
  12.    #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by fisher88 View Post
    Hi,sconix

I have a question about the Add Srv (Impostah)

I set Restart Luna,But nothing happens.
    I should fix this, its not actually impostah its prewares ipkg service that is called. But I am about to rename this to systoolsmgr service extension anyway so then it uses that and allows restarting device etc other options. So for now you need preware installed and impostah. Next version uses systoolsmgr and offers other options.
    Hey sconix,

I'm having some instances sometimes where the Roaming preference is not being set correctly...

My Default/Home mode is to have Roaming Forced and I have an Out mode that sets the Roaming to Automatic. Well yesterday, when I clicked on Out, it wouldn't switch off Roaming, even when I modified the Out setting to Home Only/Disabled. Checking the Device Menu (I have the Advanced patch), the Roaming Forced option was still on, so I switched it off.

This morning after my Night mode clicked off (which turns my Phone radio off), the Default mode set in, but the Roaming was set to Disabled instead of Forced (like it was on the Out mode).
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Took the plunge last night and MetaDoctored my VZW Pre+ to 2.1. I have been a long time user of MS 1.x and was waiting for 2.x before updating. After installing the lattest MS 2.x I went to install "Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot" and there is just a place holder for 2.1. Is this coming soon or is there another way to launch on boot?
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Took the plunge last night and MetaDoctored my VZW Pre+ to 2.1. I have been a long time user of MS 1.x and was waiting for 2.x before updating. After installing the lattest MS 2.x I went to install "Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot" and there is just a place holder for 2.1. Is this coming soon or is there another way to launch on boot?
    If it's activated, edit the Default Mode, go into Apps, and tap "Add MS" - it should start automatically (it does for me). I would recommend a phone reboot, not just Luna restart, to be safe. You can add Govnah there too (add Svc).
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Tried that, with a system reboot. It still does not launch. When I launch manually it launches in dashboard mode.

Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Tried that, with a system reboot. It still does not launch. When I launch manually it launches in dashboard mode.
    Sounds like you're still in 1.x - and you need to make sure you have the required Advanced System stuff loaded. Check the first page here for links to the Wiki for the install, and it should point out what's missing.
    Yeah, there's no more launch on luna boot patch. You need system menu framework and you prolly want mode menu.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Sorry about that I did not have all of my feeds loaded and did not look closely enough to see that I was loading 1.x.

I'm trying to download MS 2 from Preware and it's just sitting there on downloading / installing. Has anyone else had this issue, or is it just me?